Sims 3 Above Ground Hot Tub Animations Wanted Please

Hello Simmers,

I hope you & tour family's are all Safe & Well during this Covid-19 Pandemic?

I know there are quite a lot of People on here that Make Sims 3 Animations. So what Myself and quite a lot of Sims 3 Players I know would love to have is.

Animations that allows us to Have & Use Above Ground Hot Tubs in The Sims 3. Yes we have Bellow Ground Hot Tubs in The Sims 3 don't get me wrong they are great but they take up Space. 

So I am building a Custom Houseboat using the Largest Houseboat Hull. If I put a Hot Tub in I will lose a total of 9 Squares. Sadly I can not afford to lose that amount of Space. But if I had an Above Ground Hot Tub like They Have in The Sims, The Sims 2 & The Sims 4.

I hope someone on here can create The Animations that we can then just Download and then we can Build Above Hot Tubs to Download.

I look forward to you response.

Happy Simming Everyone

Kind Regards

A.B.Pearce ( Simmer since the Beginning ) 

poppet-sims Bubble Up Hot Tub 1.png

Sims 2 Hot Tob Build Grid.png

20 hours ago, A.B.Pearce said:

Animations that allows us to Have & Use Above Ground Hot Tubs in The Sims 3

Sorry but it is not that easy as it appears.

Let's assume there is an above ground hot tub available for sims 3 and a lot players would love to use it, then of course one can create animations for that.

But those (to the time) would be only usable with an animation player..... (not good)

Actually there would be a need to create a new object group for that. Then twilightstorm for Passion and oniki for Kinky World need to implement this new

object group into their mod. Only then you can write an OKW-XML to implement made animations into their mod.

Pretending the above ground hot tub would be a normal hot tub or a bath tub would mess the whole animations thing for both up.

It is not impossible of course, twilightstorm did such with the sybian saddle for example. But both creators (twilightstorm and oniki) did not show up in this forum for a while and I am afraid both will not in the near future. And even if they do, you need to convince one or both about your idea.....

AND, what about normal EA Hot Tub animations, such as get in or out of the tub ?????

If the object is flagged as a normal hot tub, then the Sims 'should' just path to it (ab)normally. I tested this with another object which I raised close to 3 feet from the floor and the sim using it just walked up some invisible steps and used it without incident. IF this were to work the same then the SEX animations should as well regardless of the actually interior of the Tub. A simple object association and testing would have determined this already.

Anyways, I hate to be the asshole here, but:

This is so others looking for actual downloads won't have to skim irrelevant posts. The word download appears in the picture but there is no download available. Please ask a moderator to move it to the Where Can I Find (WCIF) section or even general discussion.

Thank you for replying to me Post Clydie. I understand that this is a complicated Request. I am not technical in this manner so that is why I posted on here to ask if anyone could do it as I see a lot of posts requesting Animations. 

Sadly there are no Above Ground Hot Tubs available for The Sims 3. I was trying to get the one I posted a Picture of Converted from The Sims 2 to The Sims 3 and yes I got the Creators Permission first. I messaged on of my Friends on Tumblr who said to get it done there would have to be Animations first.

So that is why I asked on here. As I also said in my original post there are a lot of Simmers who are really interested in seeing an Above Ground Hot Tub in  The Sims 3. There is a Post on Modthesims Forum about this subject. ( Not created by me )

How do I get in Contact with the people you mentioned? because my post is in the wrong place to try and get it done I would like to go to the main people.

Kind Regards

A.B.Pearce  

14 minutes ago, A.B.Pearce said:

How do I get in Contact with the people you mentioned?

Np - just look at the blue bar at the top of the post - far right side. They'll be able to get you sorted.

I was myself a bit disappointed there wasn't a download for what you mention - above ground hot tub, as I surely would have tried to flag it in S3PE and see if the current animations 'took'.

Thank you landess I am sorry  for posting this in the wrong place I don't use this Site a lot. You mentions using the Sex Animations. Yes that would be great to use Woohoo in this Above Ground Hot Tub. 

So you think it could work how do we do this. Sorry Because of my Autism I am unable to Create Custom Content / Mod Things and you can forget about the technical  side of this. This is why I have to request quite all my Ideas. 

I mean yes it would be great to be able to use the Woohoo Animations in this Sims 3 Above Ground Hot Tub but if it is easier just to use it to Get In & Out of and The Seating Interactions then I don't mind.

As I said in my original Post I would really Love to have one to use on the new Houseboat Build I am starting soon as if I use the Below Ground Hot Tub my whole design will not work as I would have to have a 9 Square Block through the Centre  of my living space. 

Kind Regards

A.B.Pearce

4 minutes ago, landess said:

Np - just look at the blue bar at the top of the post - far right side. They'll be able to get you sorted.

I was myself a bit disappointed there wasn't a download for what you mention - above ground hot tub, as I surely would have tried to flag it in S3PE and see if the current animations 'took'.

Do you mean Click on Notify Moderator?

30 minutes ago, A.B.Pearce said:

Do you mean Click on Notify Moderator?

Yeah, Just let them know you want your post moved to one of the other sections. They will likely appreciate you requesting it instead of having to just do it themselves, and you'll have a say where: WCIF, General, Technical.

34 minutes ago, A.B.Pearce said:

So you think it could work

Only one way to find out would be to have the object in game and flag it as a small hot tub. While the default animations for entering would look a bit off, the end result if it works 'as a hot tub' should be the same, and then there's a possibility the animations for a hot tub would also work. Until there's an object, everything else is speculation. Waiting on an animator to create animations for an object that doesn't exist could leave one waiting forever.

14 hours ago, A.B.Pearce said:

my Friends on Tumblr who said to get it done there would have to be Animations first.

No, it is just the other way around.....

13 hours ago, landess said:

Waiting on an animator to create animations for an object that doesn't exist could leave one waiting forever.

Exactly !

5 hours ago, Clydie said:

No, it is just the other way around.....

Exactly !

Thank you very much Clydie & landess for your information. Unfortunately that is my problem. I have been a Simmer right from the start love building and designing homes. Unfortunately due to my Autism I am unable to Create Custom Content / Mod stuff for The Sims 3. So that is why every time I have an Idea I have to find someone who has to Create it for me. 

I have to admit I have been very lucky with my Requests. But now I think I have come to my hardest Request. I was not planning on Requesting this Above Ground Hot Tub / Above Ground Hot Tub Animations. 

It was only when I designed my Latest Houseboat Build on The Biggest Houseboat Hull Size I realized I would not be able to fit a Sims 3 Below Ground Hot Tub without taking a Huge chunk out of my Living Space.

I know this is a huge ask but I really am hoping someone on here can assist me with this request so I can build my Custom Houseboat.

I if would be easier I don't mind having the Sims 4 Square Hot Tub Made instead of the Sims 2 Square Hot Tub with the steps and the Lattice Work and The Back.

Kind Regards

A.B.Pearce

3 hours ago, A.B.Pearce said:

I if would be easier I don't mind having the Sims 4 Square Hot Tub Made instead of the Sims 2 Square Hot Tub with the steps and the Lattice Work

I am really sorry but I am not able to help. But as to my experience it would be easier for a modder to convert stuff from the sims 2 to sims 3.

From Sims 4 it would be a real challenge to convert to sims 3 - as far as I heard.

Once a hot tub as per your wish would be available and can be installed into sims 3, I can check if some animations can be converted to use

this hot tub with. But to be realistic, I see many big hurdles on that way.....

Good luck to find a skilled modder who is willing to convert such a hot tub for you.

49 minutes ago, Clydie said:

I am really sorry but I am not able to help. But as to my experience it would be easier for a modder to convert stuff from the sims 2 to sims 3.

From Sims 4 it would be a real challenge to convert to sims 3 - as far as I heard.

Once a hot tub as per your wish would be available and can be installed into sims 3, I can check if some animations can be converted to use

this hot tub with. But to be realistic, I see many big hurdles on that way.....

Good luck to find a skilled modder who is willing to convert such a hot tub for you.

Thank you very much Clydie. I understand that. So I will try and Get the Sims 2 Hot Tub Converted to a Sims 3 File then come back to you. I really do Appreciate the Help and Advice You and  Landess have given me. Thank you so much once again. Hopefully Speark soon.

Kind Regards

A.B.Pearce

And Happy Simming

I have used several default houseboats from Island Paradise. I know one of them had a Hot tub in the front (smaller size) and it didn't seem to take up a lot of space since it could be approached from either side and was snug against the front edge of the hull. The small hot tub is about a small as one could make it and still be functional, while having an above ground version would 'require' steps, increasing the footprint of the object. Given this I'm a bit confused at the validity of the request for the purpose stated. My Sims 2 families enjoyed both the default AND the romantic reward(?) hot tubs and see no reason for this style to be absent from the Sims 3. I'm just curious about the perceived advantage.

Remember you can use the cheat 'MoveObjects on' to get better placement if needed, and then test the placement for functionality.

Now that I think of it, I might try setting 1/2 walls in an area the proper size for a small hot tub. Then using MoveObjects on, place the tub within the walls, and use the KinkyWorld debug function - move - to raise the tub even with the 1/2 wall tops and see what happens.

Well, the walls deny pathing so there will have to be some form of opening, but without the 1/2 wall one can see right into the tub without an outer tub wall because of the unnatural position.Not sure if I can get steps to lead right up to the tub side since they need a surface to attach to, meaning a foundation, but the foundation height is less than the 1/2 wall. If a tub is placed in/on an incomplete foundation, the foundation glitches through the tub and appears inside it. Using a solid foundation works fine though and may not need steps although pathing is always an issue if there is an attempted transition between path-able surfaces.

Will test this now....

Okay, just as I thought - using any kind of foundation creates pathing rules - So just raising it works as you can see this sim walking up air to enter. BUT as I mentioned the sides of the hot tub are glitched, so I used curtains to cover the sides. Using the Kinky World -move- function, I raised the hot tub, and lowered multiple curtains to achieve this effect.

Screenshot-865.jpg.3446cd6a6d1861fc3722a4627a68d5a6.jpg

>>>> With experimentation, the best curtains could be chosen for the best effect as they could even overlap some if needed for the best look. Removing the curtains on one side shows this in detail although from the inside the Hot Tub looks normal.

Screenshot-866.jpg.242614a1bf608d786aaafea370b99cca.jpg

That is amazing that is so much better than I thought. So are you saying it is ready to use or do you need to do more?

I really do love it. That will defiantly save space on my houseboat and save my living area.

Kind Regards 

A.B.Pearce

It's not a mod... sorry.

It's the smallest hot tub size, raised up from the surface, then using curtains which were lowered to cover the sides. Using the cheat 'MoveObjects on' allowed me to hang the curtains in mid air, and using Kinky Worlds debug function -move- I was able to raise and lower objects to create the illusion. Plus my knowledge that a sim will path thru the air like magic to reach the proper height needed to access objects.

I really am truly grateful for everything you have done for me. So it that all I gave to do in Game use the MoveObhects Cheat to put the Curtains around the Hot Tub.

And if I download The Kinky Worlds Debug Function I can move the hot tub Height. so they fit the curtain heights. Sorry if I don't get it as I said with my Autism I don't understand  Sims 3 Technical stuff. I wish I did as I would be able to do all this myself.

Please tell me how I can do exactly what you have done to get what you have done so it will work.

Kind Regards  

A.B.Pearce