Sexlab animation not working, I'm sure you've seen this before...

I'm sure this issue has been brought up before, but I still haven't found proper answer to why it's happening (that and I'm still inept at dealing with mods)

initiated sex via matchmaker spell, and first image happens. Sex sound is active, but the models remain fused without any motion

Occurs both on and off bed

Please help, thank you so much.

The Elder Scrolls V  Skyrim Special Edition Screenshot 2020.05.23 - 23.34.05.14.png

Untitled.png

Using Mod Manager you have to point FNIS to the right directory. Maybe that´s where´the problem is? It doesn´t seem to find your data.

Assuming you have SSE installed in its default location, the correct path to FNIS (I have the XXL version) after MM2 install is someting like

C:/Users/ ... /AppData/Local/ModOrganizer/SkyrimSE/mods/FNIS Behavior SE 7_6 XXL/tools/GenerateFNIS_for_Users/GenerateFNISforUsers.exe

And the path the where all the mods are installed (to create the virtual folder) is

C:/Users/ ... /AppData/Local/ModOrganizer/SkyrimSE

2 hours ago, Husky1o1 said:

Using Mod Manager you have to point FNIS to the right directory. Maybe that´s where´the problem is? It doesn´t seem to find your data.

Assuming you have SSE installed in its default location, the correct path to FNIS (I have the XXL version) after MM2 install is someting like

C:/Users/ ... /AppData/Local/ModOrganizer/SkyrimSE/mods/FNIS Behavior SE 7_6 XXL/tools/GenerateFNIS_for_Users/GenerateFNISforUsers.exe

And the path the where all the mods are installed (to create the virtual folder) is

C:/Users/ ... /AppData/Local/ModOrganizer/SkyrimSE

tried that, it's not working still. Worse, I got 2 warnings now instead of 1

Well, you got it installed on drive E, so your directories might be a bit different.

Check in the MM2 setting if the path of FNIS is correct. This is where you set it, it needs to point to where your MM2 puts als the installed mods.

2.jpg.024b1494de51f450524a6ac2df4c97c1.jpg

16 minutes ago, Husky1o1 said:

Check in the MM2 setting if the path of FNIS is correct.

Isn't there an extra step needed to make generated FNIS files work with MO?

Like all ends in the overwrite folder and you need to make a mod out of it?

Does the FNIS patch for MO actually work?

52 minutes ago, overendo said:

I got 2 warnings now instead of 1

Progress!

best you post the new FNIS output too to help Husky to find your handling errors.

10 hours ago, overendo said:

UPDATE: I manage to have FNISGenerator find directory, but now it says ERROR(5): The system cannot find the file specified 

Show full log, what file does it mean?

As for the way i do it i add FNIS in the Run menu. I start FNIS (and Bodyslide) exactly same way i start SKSE from the MO2.

2 hours ago, Zaflis said:

Show full log, what file does it mean?

As for the way i do it i add FNIS in the Run menu. I start FNIS (and Bodyslide) exactly same way i start SKSE from the MO2.

FNIS Behavior V7.6   5/26/2020 1:23:10 AM
Skyrim SE 64bit: 1.5.97.0 - E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\ (Steam)

Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS2HDT (126 bones)   male: XPMS2HDT (126 bones)
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix"  

Reading FNISBase V7.6 ... 
Reading Defeat V5 ... 
Reading FNISCreatureVersion V7.0 ... 
Reading FNISSpells V5.0.1 ... 
Reading SexLab V1.63 ... 
Reading SexLabAP V1.63 ... 
Reading SexLabCreature V1.63 ... 
Reading XPMSE V7.2 ... 

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files...

ERROR(5): The system cannot find the file specified

I also had difficulties when I installed Skyrim originally - because I had not installed it in the default location (it says everywhere you should not do that, when modding). But it just didn´t work for me. Maybe it´s similar in your case? Or some redirect problem? Checked all the paths?

(If you do install Skyrim in the default location thought, you need to give full read/write access to various folders (and subfolders) as they are very picky, and make sure everything is run with admin rights.)

11 hours ago, Husky1o1 said:

I also had difficulties when I installed Skyrim originally - because I had not installed it in the default location (it says everywhere you should not do that, when modding). But it just didn´t work for me. Maybe it´s similar in your case? Or some redirect problem? Checked all the paths?

(If you do install Skyrim in the default location thought, you need to give full read/write access to various folders (and subfolders) as they are very picky, and make sure everything is run with admin rights.)

so are you saying I should've installed Skyrim in C drive instead of E drive? and also am I supposed to run MO2 on admin mode as well?

6 hours ago, Husky1o1 said:

Well, that´s how I did it, and it worked, just sticking to the default install paths. But I would rather get some more feedback from other on this one.

Installing manually managed games and apps (such as Skyrim or MO2) on Windows system folders is never a good idea. To use those folders one might need admin rights for write permissions. Apps don't usually handle well lack of those permissions... System folders include paths like "Program Files", "Appdata", "Documents", "ProgramData", etc... Installing on E: or something is safe way to bypass OS and don't need admin rights. Other is using custom folders like C:\Games\ or C:\Steam\ . That's right, who says you need to install Steam games under "Program Files"? It was never a good idea anyway but tell that to Valve, at least they let you choose.