[Help] Sim can't do pole dance with Azmodan22's caged dancing pole

Hi everyone, I'm having a problem as below:

All the other dancing poles work fine for me except the Azmodan22's caged dancing pole. I believe I have the correct animations since I can choose "pole dance" and different animations for my sim. However, after I choose it, my sim will go to the caged pole, but will then stop there and waving their hands, indicating that they couldn't enter the cage, even though the cage is put on a place where there is no other object around.

To make things more weird, if I choose other interactions of the cage, for example sex within the cage, it works fine for my sim and my sim could enter the cage and finish the interactions.

Have encountered the similar situations or do you know how to deal with it?

Thanks

If it's the "footprints and red X" bubble you're seeing the issue is most likely due to object placement (especially when you're using build mode cheats like "moveobjects" or whatever it's called). I had a similar problem once and it turned out that a 3x3 room was big enough to place and object of that size, but not necesarily big enough to properly use it (WW apparently handles going to sex locations a little differently, as that worked fine for me).

To make matters worse, object orientation can also mess up things. A lot of build mode objects have those little arrows along one side of the rectangle that's marking the space they occupy. If these arrows face a wall or inaccessible area, some objects become un-usable.

Finally, pathfinding can really kill the fun. Your Sim always needs one full tile of unoccupied ground to move around and paths are only possible between adjacent tiles (those that "share" one of their four edges). Even though your Sim can move diagonally accross a room, the path is always a sequence of straight lines and columns along those major directions dictated by the tile grid. That of course means, that the tiles "occupied" by the object orientation arrows should be free of any solid objects.

22 minutes ago, Crashdown117 said:

If it's the "footprints and red X" bubble you're seeing the issue is most likely due to object placement (especially when you're using build mode cheats like "moveobjects" or whatever it's called). I had a similar problem once and it turned out that a 3x3 room was big enough to place and object of that size, but not necesarily big enough to properly use it (WW apparently handles going to sex locations a little differently, as that worked fine for me).

To make matters worse, object orientation can also mess up things. A lot of build mode objects have those little arrows along one side of the rectangle that's marking the space they occupy. If these arrows face a wall or inaccessible area, some objects become un-usable.

Finally, pathfinding can really kill the fun. Your Sim always needs one full tile of unoccupied ground to move around and paths are only possible between adjacent tiles (those that "share" one of their four edges). Even though your Sim can move diagonally accross a room, the path is always a sequence of straight lines and columns along those major directions dictated by the tile grid. That of course means, that the tiles "occupied" by the object orientation arrows should be free of any solid objects.

Hi Crashdown117, thank you so much for your detailed reply. Just now, I tried to use the caged pole in a complete empty lot, but still it doesn't work. The bubble doesn't show the "footprints and red X" but the object itself, which is shown below. Do you have any idea what might be the cause? Thanks a lot!problem.png.6e705a5b763aeb0c8cff22ad0fcc6e30.png

The problem here is: I'm stupid ? Somehow I completely missed the fact that we're talking about Azmodan22's stuff here (which I use myself, which is why I'm stupid).

The animations for the caged dancing pole and all other devices from Azmodan22's collection are just like any regular WW animation. Classic pole dancing is a solo action, so just click the object, "Wicked" select the "random" option and your active Sim - you need one of the animation packages listed on the download page of course.

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3527-bondage-devices/

If you have a "pole dance" interaction available, that one's from another mod and probaby not compatible with the caged pole (due to the cage).

Just use the WW interaction on any of Azmodan22's stuff, that way you get the intended experience "as advertised" ?

Thank you so much for your reply, which completely helped me figure out why the problem happens! Yes, seems there is a compatibility issue of the pole dancing animation with the caged dancing pole but the solo sex animation worked fine.

I owned a strip club in the game and would like assign the strippers to do pole dancing in the caged dancing pole. Since solo sex available animation, sadly, seems this cannot be achieved.

Again, thanks so much for your help!

• 3 months later...