Want to create a mod - Chaurus Chimera

Hi guys,

Basically i want to take this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72028 And create a scripting mod that progressibly adds more and more pieces to the player over time or via an interaction.

Not created any mod before so this will be my first.

I also want to use the Estrus or Estrus Chaurus mod that will trigger this mod. After the initial trigger, i want a script to run that will strip all armour and clothing off the player and apply a piece of this Falmer bikini armour.

I want to script the progression of applying the armour (while maintaining the no clothing/other armour setting on the PC) to include things like loss of walking/running speed, speech and eventually wielding a weapon and spells. I want a message to appear every time the PC attempts to equip a spell or weapon too. In return the PCs unarmed damage will proportionally increase.

I am thinking i would also like a healing potion to be able to reverse the falmer armour to its previously equipped item(s). I want this to be a disease with a cure being the PC having to either kill a chaurus or another method.

Also want to have messages appear every time something happens, as well as possibly incorporating an arousal threshold based on Aroused Redux to do something else.

Lastly, i think i want to incorporate an MCM menu as well.

To that end i have wiped my Skyrim and MO2 settings out and installed it from scratch to make it as clean as possible.

If anyone has any advice or suggestions please let me know.

Wish me luck :)

15 minutes ago, Headerman said:

If anyone has any advice or suggestions please let me know

1) Use scripting only when needed.  Granted, that will be a lot, but try not to fall into the trap of "scripting all the things" when use of Skyrim's engine could do the job instead.

2) Make your own copies of each of the assets and store them in a different place - meshes and textures.  If someone wants to retex them, they can do so, but this will avoid unintended mod conflicts.  People coming to your mod page to complain about "your mod" screwing things up is a hassle you should try to mitigate as much as possible, and step one of that defense is avoid unnecessary mod interactions.

3) Unless you want to make Estrus and/or EC a direct requirement for your mod, make sure your scripting is able to detect the other mods without creating hard dependencies.  This gives an idea of the hows/whys: https://www.loverslab.com/blogs/entry/10593-soft-dependencies-without-pain/?tab=comments#comment-47719

4) Would recommend to make every possible interaction Sexlab-aware.  Check for the presence of SexlabActive keyword and SexlabAnimatingFaction on the Player (or anyone who might be effected by this) before doing anything that may equip/unequip anything.  In addition to not wrecking an active animation, this will prevent dress/undress events from screwing up clothing and SOS states.

5) What you are looking to do is ambitious as a start, but not overly so.  Mark out specific stages and events you want, and build them more or less sequentially.  You may want to create a controller/debug spell that can force specific states so that you aren't stuck waiting around for in-game time/events to test how it is working.

On 5/4/2020 at 6:28 PM, Seijin8 said:

4) Would recommend to make every possible interaction Sexlab-aware.  Check for the presence of SexlabActive keyword and SexlabAnimatingFaction on the Player (or anyone who might be effected by this) before doing anything that may equip/unequip anything.  In addition to not wrecking an active animation, this will prevent dress/undress events from screwing up clothing and SOS states.

Are there any tutorials on how to do this?

I thought that since i am starting with some basic CK tutorials and modding a pillar that i can activate, i can start testing things out with that like debuffs, diseases etc, i could also apply some Sexlab specific things as well? I have installed Sexlab framework but im not finding any specific 'unequip everything' related spells, i think i will try installing Devious Devices to see if that contains anything i can use too.

Edit: Just found this: git.loverslab.com/sexlab/wikis/home Which should help, Also set up the Git hub clients and repositories

1 hour ago, Headerman said:

Are there any tutorials on how to do this?

Not specific to that, no.  It isn't complex in itself, just standard use of akActor.IsInFaction(SexlabAnimatingFaction) and akActor.HasKeyword(SexlabActive).  Both of these can be used to determine if someone is actively in a Sexlab scene.

To elaborate on why this is important: any effect that equips/unequips during a sexlab scene risks causing stripped clothing to be put back on mid-scene.

Note that the Sexlab Git is a bit out of date.  Most everything you need is found inside SexlabFramework.psc. Ashal did a good job commenting most of it.

It would be cool if there was a devious device that could be applied to your character with a % chance after a period of time to set off one of the estrus traps on your character "increased chance when around more people  :)".  Was that kind of the idea you were trying to figure out how to do?

23 hours ago, Seijin8 said:

Most everything you need is found inside SexlabFramework.psc. Ashal did a good job commenting most of it.

Awesome, i just found that file and opened it within the CK and am reading through it now.

Below i have written a bit of a road map on how to start pulling this mod together. I am hoping that this can keep script files to a minimum.

I think some initial functions i will need would be:

** Actor Functions **

- NewThread - Needed to get the ball rolling as it were

- GetGender - Needed as this will only apply to females

- ValidateActor - Needs to be 1

- IsActorActive - important so as to not override other sexlab based events

- IsForbidden - May be needed for MCM tie in so as to disable the mod?

- IsStrippable - to check if the actor can have equipped clothes/armour stripped

- StripActor - to make the actor naked and ready to be equipped with the 'armour'

- StripSlots - to remove equipped devices/items from all slots, i think this should be able to be turned on or off in the MCM menu, as switching it on would enable this parameter to strip all devious devices for eg?

Once that is done, we can move onto the actual animation sequence.

** Animation Functions **

I think this could be tricky... or not. I could go in two directions here: 1) Make EstrusChaurus a hard dependency and use that as the animation. Or, incorporate the Estrus impregnation animation from EstrusforSkyrim, modify the Chaurus's poison attack to trigger it... basically re-producing the work already done in it.

With EstrusChaurus i could ... modify it so that instead of the attack triggering the pregnancy it would instead trigger my mod. Is this possible? I need to ask Bane Master if A) that is all ok (or not) and B) How the pregnancy % is coded to substitute my mod in. But since Bane Master says "Please do not link directly to EC functions - they are likely to change and break your mod!" I may need to incorporate a lot of data into my mod.

Once the Estrus animation has run and the % trigger has passed, i need to find a way to start the next stage of the mod.

Basic ongoing spell(?) effects:

- Disallow anything to be equipped with a message appearing.

- Immediately equip armour piece A on completion of animation sequence

- Several messages are to appear in sequence: "You have been infected with blah" "You can undo this by Blah" *

- Player can drink potion A, trigger spell B etc**

- After x minutes have passed, change armour piece A to B, equip Boots A.

- After x minutes have passed, change armour piece B to C, Change boots A to B, equip gloves A

~

- Once all pieces are equipped, a final warning would appear. Speech is changed to the "gagged" speech in Devious Devices(?) and any interaction with people is disabled.

A message is to appear each time the items are swapped/transformation progresses.

* = A debuff needs to be applied to the player (similar to a disease?) for the duration of the mod. This should disallow any new sexlab based events from starting. Debuff also needs to somehow stop armour or clothing from being equipped, and then changed to also automatically unequip any weapons.

** = Once this is performed, the event should shut down, any/all equipment equipped on the player should be removed from the game. One idea for this is receiving a blessing ONLY from a specific shrine? I would love for it to be Hircine's shrine but the rarity of them is a bit painful. Maybe this can still be the case, but add in an event where any other shrine activation displays a debug message stating that "While you can feel some magic, it doesn't seem to affect you.." as a bit of a hint for where to look for a "cure".

15 minutes ago, Headerman said:

NewThread - Needed to get the ball rolling as it were <-- I've never used it.  StartSex is the simpler version and contains all the variables that Sexlab can reasonably use to initialize anyway.  Anything else can be hooked through the events system.  If you aren't trying to start a scene, just listen for one and then see if it is the right kind, none of that would be needed.

- GetGender - Needed as this will only apply to females <-- Mainly used to determine if the player has set a character as "treat as gender", i.e. Futa (treat as male), sissyboys (treat as female), etc.  There is a non-sexlab function (GetIsSex I think) that returns "actual" gender.  Personally, I'd use both - one to see if the character is female, and the other to see if the player is trying to modify this.  When in doubt, go with the player's choice.  Its their game after all.

- ValidateActor - Needs to be 1 <-- I've never needed it.

- IsActorActive - important so as to not override other sexlab based events <-- Never used it.  Firstly, Sexlab won't allow a scene to animate an already animating actor, it'll just fail the scene.  Just using HasKeyword(SexlabActive) would be preferred, both for clarity and performance.  Note that almost everything in SexlabFramework needs to access another file/function to work, and that means multiple calls.  When possible, use non-Sexlab mechanisms for this stuff.

- IsForbidden - May be needed for MCM tie in so as to disable the mod? <-- This mainly means child actors or something expressly prevented from participating in any sexlab scene.  Shouldn't be needed otherwise.

- StripActor - to make the actor naked and ready to be equipped with the 'armour' <-- As a matter of preference, if you are using armor slots other than the norm, I wouldn't unequip anything, just add the new thing.  You can never really know what you are unequipping on another person's modded game.

24 minutes ago, Headerman said:

With EstrusChaurus i could ... modify it so that instead of the attack triggering the pregnancy it would instead trigger my mod. Is this possible?

You could, but I wouldn't do an either/or.  Listen for the event or watch for the magic effect and apply yours at the same time.  Bad form to disable/tinker with other mods when working cooperatively is possible.

EC+ implementation on the pregnancy isn't very complex, and the psc is well enough labeled to find what you need.

2 hours ago, Seijin8 said:
2 hours ago, Headerman said:

With EstrusChaurus i could ... modify it so that instead of the attack triggering the pregnancy it would instead trigger my mod. Is this possible?

You could, but I wouldn't do an either/or.  Listen for the event or watch for the magic effect and apply yours at the same time.  Bad form to disable/tinker with other mods when working cooperatively is possible.

EC+ implementation on the pregnancy isn't very complex, and the psc is well enough labeled to find what you need.

If I am understanding your requirements correctly the EC+  API provides most  of what you need...

"ModEvent.PushBool(ECTrap, true)                 ; Bool            Apply the linked EC effect (Ovipostion for Tentacles, Slime & Ooze, Exhaustion for Machine) " 

So you can set to false to disable EC+ built in pregnancy

";To register a callback to trigger on a specific stage of the next animation played use this modevent immediately BEFORE calling the EC event
;
;    SendModEvent("ECRegisterforStage,"MyModsCallbackName", CallbackAnimationStage as Float)"

Use this to trigger your own mods event at the stage of your choice after you start the tentacle anim

EC+ also sends a modevent "ECBirthCompleted"  whenever an actor completes the EC+ birthing animation.

• 3 weeks later...

I just realised that just about anything involving a non-droppable item is part of a quest and that the framework for it is all based upon that quest. EG. Cursed Hircines Ring.

Will have a look at some quest mod tutorials now.

• 2 weeks later...

As i slowly learn more about scripting and basic modding, i have found some great tutorials to follow. I decided to start with my own dungeon that will:

- Initiate a quest upon entry

- Advance the quest with picking up and reading notes (or to read/activate signs)

- Advance to a main chamber where up[on reading a further note/book/sign, will unlock another chamber with a special chaurus in it that will infect the player.

- The player can then kill the chaurus without being infected, in which the quest will be complete. If they are infected then they will go through the stages of what i want and have to find a cure.

So. Bit by bit as i learn more. This is pretty fun :)

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so i have been planning out the quest(s).

I have built an external location where upon discovering it, it can trigger the start of a quest. Inside the dungeon is a unique chaurus that will spit at the player with the aim of triggering the estrus tentacle attack.

Upon the completion of that the chaurus will be non-hostile, the player will be stripped of all belongings and have them placed in a chest behind the chaurus's home/hole. This stage will end the first quest of "Exploring the mysterious dungeon" and start the Chaurus Chimera quest proper. It will also add in some disease effects/debuffs as well:

Mysterious Dungeon Quest

10 - Investigate the mysterious dungeon
20 - Enable timed messages and increase arousal
30 - Kill the Chaurus
31 - Success, Quest ends
32 - Spit attack
     - Disable DCL traps and devious devices on player (if possible?)
     - Remove all items to chest

- Transport player to outside of dungeon, lock the door until quest end and be in "estrus recovery position" (ie on the floor gasping for a few seconds)
40 - Start next quest

-----

Chaurus Chimera

-----

10 - Resist increased arousal
     - Disease is affecting you (get disease related comments from NPCs)
     - Begin Chimera morph based on arousal level
     - Stage morph on arousal reaching 100 and orgasm
20 - Remove ability to equip weapon with gloves
     - Improve running speed with each new boot
30 - Lose speech when equipping helmet
     - Chaurus faction change to non-hostile
     - Hunters, Vigilants of Stendarr, city guards become hostile
40 - Cure

-----

Disease Properties/Debuffs
-----

- No equipped clothing or jewelry
- No equipped weapons
- Unequippable Chaurus armour
- Unable to pick anything up
- Increasing armour values
- Enhancing unarmed damage
- Enhancing running speed
- Enhancing health, mana and stamina regen
- No speech

-----

Object tracking and triggers
-----

- Arousal
    - Increase of 1 per minute in game
    - 100 triggers orgasm and next stage of Chimera
- Faction standings
    - Initial disease symptoms dialogue
    - Upon equipping mask, NPCs are unresponsive
    - Upon full equip, change faction standings for holds, hunters, vigilants of Stendarr, etc to hostile
- Full Equip
    - 120 seconds between a pre-prepared message, 3 or 4 messages in total.
- Cure
    - Remove Chimera effects
    - Restore faction standings
    - Arousal set to 0
    - Cure diseases

• 2 months later...
On 9/1/2020 at 5:45 AM, Headerman said:

Update: I am pretty happy with the interior now. At least for the moment. I am now working on the unique chaurus to add to it.

I have the Falmer Bikini Armor UUNP Familia BS for UUNP Special 36 parts, most bug fixes. All strange bones are removed. Its from 2018, i have cleaned some more stuff recently. Now with CBBE sliders.

• 4 months later...
On 9/2/2020 at 8:04 PM, Swe-DivX said:

I have the Falmer Bikini Armor UUNP Familia BS for UUNP Special 36 parts, most bug fixes. All strange bones are removed. Its from 2018, i have cleaned some more stuff recently. Now with CBBE sliders.

Is there a download link for that? I cant seem to find it anywhere

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so i have tried changing and testing a few things...

- Changed the start of the mod to a chest sitting out in the open, with the goal of simply grabbing the start armour and starting the quest from there.

- Tried a method of excluding all other pieces of clothing/stuff by selecting all slots in 'Biped' when creating a pair of test boots. However this seems to just remove the parts of the body its assigned to. Result is a near invisible player. So anyway

- Checked out some other scripts and it seems entirely possible to assign a script to the particular item (falmer bikini armour) to remove anything else the player is wearing and to re-equip the Falmer bikini armour if unequipped.

Things to do (in order):

- Experiment with scripting the armour to be re-equipped if unequipped.

- Start a quest based on equipping the armour to continue the regular changes/horniness interactions

- Read through the Sexlab tutorial PDF

I am attempting a very basic thing.

I am writing two scripts; HelloWorld and Call_Helloworld.

Helloworld is:

Scriptname Helloworld

Function MyFunction()
  Debug.Messagebox("Hello World!")
EndFunction

Function MyOtherFunction()
  Debug.Trace("Parent MyOtherFunction!")
EndFunction

And Call_HelloWorld is:

Scriptname Call_HelloWorld extends HelloWorld

Event OnActivate(ObjectReference akActionRef)
endEvent

Function MyFunction()
EndFunction

I am wanting to test helloworld as a parent script to use and store things in, and the child script to put on objects, in this case a test chest i want to open and have the message box "Hello World!" appear, as i know it will be called from the parent script, but i can't seem to get it working? When i open the chest nothing happens even though i have the call_helloworld script on it.

• 1 month later...

OK... i think i have reached a milestone in terms of my understanding of papyrus; i can write a script and attach it to any armour or weapon to display a message when equipping. Now i think i need to write a base quest to store the main script my mod will be using, and start referencing that for all the different items i will use in the mod

Ok i believe i have a solid understanding of what properties are and how to set them to be accessed by other scripts, and indeed calling them via other scripts. Next i have created several form lists to display messages at regular intervals.

My immediate goal now is to implement the timing mechanism into the framework script to trigger once the player interacts with something. I believe that will require a global variable to be written. I am pretty sure i will only need to write one timer but have a pretty long IF statement for displaying various messages, and another for advancing the mod's story