IGNORED

Pressing "Run" in Mod Organizer 2 with SKSE selected doesn't work

I'm completely new to modding so forgive me for any silly errors.

Anyway, as the title says I open up my MO2, I click run (with SKSE selected) and the program locks as usual as it's opening Skyrim, but then it unlocks and I'm back to square one, I can click run again but it's the same cycle over and over. The game doesn't open at any point after clicking run, it was working earlier so I don't understand.

Here's an image of what I've got so far: https://imgur.com/U4hb9w4

Your game is crashing, that's why. You have two warnings (red triangle near the top-right corner), click that icon and check what it is. Fix it.

Also, you have an Unmanaged mod: Sexlab (first mod in the left panel) which tells me you tried to install Sexlab manually (on your actual game folder). That shouldn't be done when you use MO, I doubt that's the cause of the crash but you should fix it (remove the mod files from Skyrim\Data or totally reinstall Skyrim from Steam to get a clean copy).

Edit: you posted this in the LE section of the forum. By the mods you're trying to use I see you have SE installed, so... yeah, SE has its own forum sections for this stuff. 

Just now, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

Your game is crashing, that's why. You have two warnings (red triangle near the top-right corner), click that icon and check what it is. Fix it.

Also, you have an Unmanaged mod: Sexlab (first mod in the left panel) which tells me you tried to install Sexlab manually (on your actual game folder). That shouldn't be done when you use MO, I doubt that's the cause of the crash but you should fix it (remove the mod files from Skyrim\Data or totally reinstall Skyrim from Steam to get a clean copy).

Yeah the warnings are... a Form 43 problem, and an invalid DLL (?) for two mods, but, I can still load my game with those mods active. There are three mods that I have that prevent my game from opening, I guess I'll try re-installing those three.

And yeah I was doing everything manually earlier today until I discovered Mod Organizer, so I'll double check the main files; pretty certain I deleted the stuff I downloaded though. But what do you mean by an "Unmanaged mod"?

2 hours ago, RowanBettje said:

Yeah the warnings are... a Form 43 problem, and an invalid DLL (?) for two mods, but, I can still load my game with those mods active. There are three mods that I have that prevent my game from opening, I guess I'll try re-installing those three.

The form43 can be ignored (you can also disable that warning in Settings->Plugins, find Form 43 check or something like that and change the "enabled=True" to false). Incompatible dll can't be ignored and are often the reason for these crashes before even seeing the game open. Find which mods are these and check your SKSE version and the mod version, perhaps you can update or find another version compatible with your SKSE version. But if you've find other mods causing the crash (I get you tried enabling/disabling some mods) then find the reason. Perhaps the loadorder is wrong, or you're missing a requirement, or you have the wrong version, etc.

2 hours ago, RowanBettje said:

pretty certain I deleted the stuff I downloaded though. But what do you mean by an "Unmanaged mod"?

As I said, is the 1st mod listed in the left panel on your screenshot. It means there are still mod files in your actual game folder. If you had mods installed in there before you should've deleted the Skyrim folder entirely and download it again through Steam to start with a new copy. Having modified or additional files from previous attempts of modding might be harmless or a total pain in the ass, but it's really easy to avoid.

I'd start by getting a clean copy of Skyrim, then checking every mod installed in MO to make sure you're using the proper version for your SKSE version (mandatory for some mods that come with a dll file) and that you're using the SE version and not an outdated LE one (and no, I'm not talking about finding the form43 plugins and turning them into form44, that's nonsense, you should look for the source of these mods, were they uploaded in the SE downloads section of loverslab or no, are these from nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial edition or from nexusmods.com/skyrim, etc).