C5Kev's YoRHa Model 2, Type B Follower UUNP

C5Kev's YoRHa Model 2, Type B Follower UUNP

View File

Hello Folks!  Sure, Data from Star Trek:TNG was a cool android, but he wasn't even close to the caliber of YoRHa's Model No.2, Type B from Platinum Games, Nier:Automata

LL Member Princessochka turned me onto a follower mod made by Kasi featuring 2B, became interested in it, but thought perhaps I could do some things a bit better. So I tried. Whether I was successful or not is debatable. I'm no Michaelangelo in my sculpting skills and having to work within the limitations of RaceMenu and the games eyes, noses, mouths, etc., makes things nearly impossible. But I think she came out OK.  I do have a what I think is a better head sculpt, but always get a neck gap - very frustrating, so it is what it is for now. 

Textures are from the game and man, in my opinion they are horrible! 2B's default outfit is "black". "Black" isn't a texture and contrary to many online images, the outfit isn't black anyway. It's a dark grey velvet. I would have liked to have done a better, more detailed job on the textures, but the entire outfit is on a single image and as such, some parts are quite small. So small, in fact, that a single pixel line is too thick. So it is what it is. I did make 2B's skirt mesh a bit shorter because I'm shallow. But again, I think the outfit looks pretty good.

The good part is that the meshes were rigged by the HDT clothes & hair god himself, Dint999, who has graciously allowed me to utilize his HDT rigging work. It adds so much to any character. But know that 2B does suffer on occasion from they ol' HDT "freaking out" symptoms, sometimes when changing cells, so you'll need to remove 2B's hair, cuirass and skirt - then put them back on. It's cool after that...or until the next time. Indeed, a small price too pay for a having a super sexy android by your side.

INSTALLATION:

Install 2B, she's ready to go and you can find her in Jorrvaskr - although she's a bit unsure of her surroundings and indifferent to its inhabitants. You can also give 2B the body of your choice using "C5Kev's 2B Automata" BodySlide preset, although I do recommend making a copy of the provided preset and modifying that. If one makes a new HDT body, know that you need to hold down "CTRL" button when clicking "Build", which sends meshes to the "BodySlide" directory, then move those meshes into "Data\meshes\actors\character\2B Automata\Body".  She features a Leyenda 4.0, 4K skin as well. Isn't that just marvy?

Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys this, my first follower mod (I don't really like followers) and if you have problems, such as HDT invisibility, go ask someone else because I'm sure I don't know the answer LOL!  And to you Nier: Automata aficionados out there that think this mod sucks, OK by me. Go elsewhere or make your own. I gave it my best shot.

Mesh Credits:
Outfit: Platinum Games
Outfit HDT rigging: by Dint999

-  Hey Kids!  -
If you like my outfits and my other mods, consider
joining me at
Patreon\C5Kev.

Please, do not upload this or any of my other mods onto other sites or utilize my assets without permission.  

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    04/18/2020
  • Category
  • Requires
    BodySlide, HDT
  • Special Edition Compatible
    No

46 minutes ago, woodsman30 said:

I am going download for two reasons

1. its your first follower ..... hope not your last... still want to see that elf of yours be a follower ?

2. Ummm research yeah research for ... well reasons

Hello W30.  

-  "..... hope not your last... "  Eh, don't know... don't really like followers, they're a pita, but I do have a few that are real cuties, so I keep them around.  Ah Jade...maybe.

-   One can never do too much "research".

40 minutes ago, Taloren3000 said:

Decent work. The follower turned out to be very beautiful!

Hello T3000.  Thank you, I appreciate that.  I tried... ?

9 minutes ago, C5Kev said:

-  "..... hope not your last... "  Eh, don't know... don't really like followers, they're a pita, but I do have a few that are real cuties, so I keep them around.  Ah Jade...maybe.

-   One can never do too much "research".

Followers are a must for me as I level the game up at start so currently I am level 64 with level 5 stats so me going against a level 65 bandit with gear to match that level ... yea I am toast with out followers. Makes for a far more interesting game play when you really have to rely on others to help you out. Just a comment ...she has the sparks spell and is an assassin so if anything give her a higher level spell or none at all... also maybe lightfoot perk?.... for the assassin class that she is.

Again I can change them myself but just a thought and not a critique of you work.

In game she looks great I changed her hair could not get it to stop freaking out HGT gotta love it.

Overall great job hope to see more ??

20200418180043_1.jpg

20200418180146_1.jpg

50 minutes ago, woodsman30 said:

Followers are a must for me as I level the game up at start so currently I am level 64 with level 5 stats so me going against a level 65 bandit with gear to match that level ... yea I am toast with out followers. Makes for a far more interesting game play when you really have to rely on others to help you out. Just a comment ...she has the sparks spell and is an assassin so if anything give her a higher level spell or none at all... also maybe lightfoot perk?.... for the assassin class that she is.

Again I can change them myself but just a thought and not a critique of you work.

In game she looks great I changed her hair could not get it to stop freaking out HGT gotta love it.

Overall great job hope to see more ??

Hello W30.   Thank you and glad you like it / her. Your spell / perk comments make perfect sense and admittedly, I didn't give them any real thought, since I didn't know what I was doing in the first place.  ?   Hopefully I can get the neck gap issue straightened out because I like the newer head sculpt more, but I'm sick of messing with this for a while. So as I said, it is what it is...at least for the moment.   Hair thing is weird though - removing it and putting it back on works fine for me, but natch, that's on my rig.

hey. i have a question. i was tampering with this for personal use in SE but i find there are a number of modders for LE that for whatever reason are going back to a very old practice of including a skeleton.nif reference in the nif file for the bodyslides. that particular way of setting up outfits is actually very outdated and i'm curious as to why it suddenly has surged back since that format is completely incompatible with porting to SE. almost all but i think i know of 3 modders newest format of outfit designs make it to where porting said outfits are actually fairly easy and quick to do but from what i understand to make these kind of outfits compatible for porting to SE you would either need to use 3dsmax to alter the rigging or build an entirely new nif from scratch. so yah. my question is why is the outfit designer using a method of outfit design that is inherently more difficult to mess with? not trying to be combative i just literally don't understand the logic behind it O.o

8 hours ago, walkingfree2020 said:

hey. i have a question. i was tampering with this for personal use in SE but i find there are a number of modders for LE that for whatever reason are going back to a very old practice of including a skeleton.nif reference in the nif file for the bodyslides. that particular way of setting up outfits is actually very outdated and i'm curious as to why it suddenly has surged back since that format is completely incompatible with porting to SE. almost all but i think i know of 3 modders newest format of outfit designs make it to where porting said outfits are actually fairly easy and quick to do but from what i understand to make these kind of outfits compatible for porting to SE you would either need to use 3dsmax to alter the rigging or build an entirely new nif from scratch. so yah. my question is why is the outfit designer using a method of outfit design that is inherently more difficult to mess with? not trying to be combative i just literally don't understand the logic behind it O.o

Hello WF2020.  I had nothing to do with creating the meshes, so I can't answer your questions in that regard.  I also don't understand "the logic" behind downloading something found in the LE area and if it's "inconvenient" to port to SE, make a post to complain about it.  I'm a graphic guy and haven't messed with 3DSMax in 10 years and can only assume that the skeleton.nif is there for the HDT clothes rigging, but I really don't know.  I did the head sculpt, textures, the BS files and made her a follower.  I'm sorry some can't download something that is free, took a lot of time to create and enjoy it for what it is without nit-picking some aspect to death.

8 hours ago, darkconsole said:

inb4 the 2b 3bbb jokes (and requests).

Hello DC.  Not following your comment.

Thanks for taking own this project

Thanks for making it UUNP

But most of all....Thanks for being shallow.

It only improves one of my favorite armors.

I'm guessing DC thinks someone is going to request a NSFW version (which is the first thing I'm going to try and do with this).

5 hours ago, C5Kev said:

Hello WF2020.  I had nothing to do with creating the meshes, so I can't answer your questions in that regard.  I also don't understand "the logic" behind downloading something found in the LE area and if it's "inconvenient" to port to SE, make a post to complain about it.  I'm a graphic guy and haven't messed with 3DSMax in 10 years and can only assume that the skeleton.nif is there for the HDT clothes rigging, but I really don't know.  I did the head sculpt, textures, the BS files and made her a follower.  I'm sorry some can't download something that is free, took a lot of time to create and enjoy it for what it is without nit-picking some aspect to death.

Hello DC.  Not following your comment.

hey kev. i did say i wasnt trying to be combative. you really don't have to come back with that. i was honestly asking for your opinion. i was at one time a patreon of yours because i liked the outfits you made and your overall attitude. i figured out a way to port them and put them through to SE anyways. all of your outfits i've downloaded are also ported to SE and i've also ported them to bhunp with smp. only reason i'm not a patreon supporter now is because you went virtually silently for almost 2 months and i had thought you were getting burnt out. but anyways thanks for the response. i'll port the follower and outfits to SSE for my own personal use as always.

1 hour ago, walkingfree2020 said:

hey kev. i did say i wasnt trying to be combative. you really don't have to come back with that. i was honestly asking for your opinion. i was at one time a patreon of yours because i liked the outfits you made and your overall attitude. i figured out a way to port them and put them through to SE anyways. all of your outfits i've downloaded are also ported to SE and i've also ported them to bhunp with smp. only reason i'm not a patreon supporter now is because you went virtually silently for almost 2 months and i had thought you were getting burnt out. but anyways thanks for the response. i'll port the follower and outfits to SSE for my own personal use as always.

My apologies then, as it sounded combative when I read it.  But if you want my opinion on something, you do need to ask me for it.  In regards to the .nif,  considering Nier is 5 years old now, I have no way of knowing where the .nif model actually came from. I can only assume it was done way before Dint999 did the HDT rigging for the clothes. And I'm no longer knowledgeable enough with 3DMax, Maya or other 3D program to comment on or answer the questions you posed.  "...my question is why is the outfit designer using a method of outfit design that is inherently more difficult to mess with? "  I can't answer a question that's geared toward someone else because I wouldn't know.

Your character looks good. Nice work.

2 hours ago, C5Kev said:

My apologies then, as it sounded combative when I read it.  But if you want my opinion on something, you do need to ask me for it.  In regards to the .nif,  considering Nier is 5 years old now, I have no way of knowing where the .nif model actually came from. I can only assume it was done way before Dint999 did the HDT rigging for the clothes. And I'm no longer knowledgeable enough with 3DMax, Maya or other 3D program to comment on or answer the questions you posed.  "...my question is why is the outfit designer using a method of outfit design that is inherently more difficult to mess with? "  I can't answer a question that's geared toward someone else because I wouldn't know.

Your character looks good. Nice work.

that's fine. sorry for the misunderstanding. i look forward to your future works.

On 4/19/2020 at 4:14 PM, jap2015 said:

Thanks for taking own this project

Thanks for making it UUNP

But most of all....Thanks for being shallow.

It only improves one of my favorite armors.

I'm guessing DC thinks someone is going to request a NSFW version (which is the first thing I'm going to try and do with this).

Hello J2015. Oops, sorry, forgot to respond.  I was planning on making a rather hyper-sexualized outfit, but due to issues I was having just making the follower mod, I wanted to walk away from it for a bit.  Perhaps I get around to it.  And thank you for your kind words.

• 4 months later...
13 hours ago, -Anarchy- said:

Help! When I make her a companion, she won't follow me.

Hello A.  I'm afraid I can't help you because whatever is causing that to happen is due to something with your system.  The mod works fine.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, cryingcrow122 said:

It seems that the texture path specification in Hair2BShaved.nif is wrong.

Hello Crying. You are correct. I was having issues with the mod and missed typing in the wrong directory of "actors\character\YoRHa 2B", instead of "actors\character\2B Automata".