NoStrip Keyword?

Is there an equivalent to the sexlab mechanism of adding a NoStrip keyword to an item so it doesn't get stripped during sex? I did a quick search, but I'm obviously not choosing the right terms.

I know you can use the backslash arrow to change equipment during the act - that's not what I want. I want to set up a few items so they aren't removed in the first place.

AAF has a mechanism for this, the "protectedEquipmentData" XML file.  If you installed AAF Themes and selected Devious Devices support, you have a file AAF_ProtectedEquipmentData.xml which looks like this:

<meta title="AAF_protectedEquipmentData.xml" version="1.0" dataSet="protectedEquipment"/>
<defaults />

<condition>
    <protectKeyword form="004C5C" source="Devious Devices.esm"/>
</condition>

That's all there is to it.  You can add more <protectkeyword form=... lines to that file, or make a new file for your own keywords.

Also, a while back I added support for this mechanism to Rogg's No-Strip Items Manager.  It's a painless way to add a keyword to any item you want that will prevent it getting stripped by AAF.

So is it only possible with Devious Devices support? Because that's a hell of an overhead for a mod that doesn't involve the player character getting tied up at all. More to the point, it's a mod dependency I absolutely do not want. Rogvir's seems like a useful bit of kit, but not a lot of help from the perspective of the mod creator. Unless I'm missing something, which is entirely possible.

Or is the point that I could write:

<condition>
    <protectKeyword form="0123456" source="raider_reform_school.esp"/>
</condition>

... and flag up one of my mod's keywords as having "no strip" functionality? But then I don't see how I'd get that into third party xml.

Sorry to be so obtuse. I know AAF does things different I'm just trying to get my head around how it works.

7 minutes ago, DocClox said:

Or is the point that I could write:

<condition>
    <protectKeyword form="0123456" source="raider_reform_school.esp"/>
</condition>

... and flag up one of my mod's keywords as having "no strip" functionality? But then I don't see how I'd get that into third party xml.

My fault, I was in a hurry and didn't explain it well.

What you said above is exactly how it works.  You can put any keyword you want into one of these XML files, and any items with that keyword will not be stripped.  And you don't need to use the Devious Devices one, that was just an example.  You can make a DocClox_ProtectedEquipmentData file that has a bunch of different protectKeyword= lines, each with a keyword Form ID from a different source plugin.  AAF will read it along with all the other files and add its contents to the list of protected equipment keywords.

If you want to roll your own solution, you can make a simple plugin in XEdit that defines a keyword and adds it to every base object you don't want stripped.  Then you make your own ProtectedEquipmentData XML with that keyword, and you're good to go.

Rogg's No-Strip Manager uses the same mechanism.  It defines a no-strip keyword and comes with a ProtectedEquipmentData XML.  The difference is, the Equipment Manager lets you apply that keyword in game instead of via a plugin.

The key thing to remember about AAF is that its XML configuration is completely open ended.  AAF will read each of the XML files in the Data\AAF folder and combine the results at run time.  So mods can provide them, AAF can provide them, you can roll your own, etc.

Archived