Could someone help me understand how to properly remove parts of an outfit in Outfit Studio?

Hello,
So for example say I'm trying to remove the heels from this dress from devious devices and make a standalone, barefoot version of the dress.

What I tried to do is right click on Dress to export it as an obj file, then create a whole new project with CBBE template and only adding the Dress.obj file for the mesh. Then I right click on Dress -> Copy Bone Weights then go to Slider -> Conform All and save the project to build it in BodySlide.

However when in game equipping the new outfit either makes my body invisible or gets my character naked with the body under the ground and out of shape.

I should point out though than when loading the project again in Outfit Studio there's no green CBBE listed in the meshes.
Thanks!

OutfitStudio_x64_2020-04-13_19-06-57.png

"However when in game equipping the new outfit either makes my body invisible or gets my character naked with the body under the ground and out of shape."

Thats exactly what you told the mesh to do by only re-inserting the dress... the base body and thus, the players skin, was removed alltogether -> "there's no green CBBE listed in the meshes"

In this example, simple right click the pumps and click remove, save the result as a new project and you should be good to go.

If you want to remove more, for example parts of the dress, you'll have to do some modeling, that can't be done with bodyslide afaik...

On a side note, the preview above in bodyslide looks horribly disorted... is there something wrong with your base body???

Final thought: Im no expert, but I've done some editing with bodyslide before (removing panties hehehe), so I answered... I may only be able to provide limited support tho...

11 hours ago, BarneyGold said:

Hello,
So for example say I'm trying to remove the heels from this dress from devious devices and make a standalone, barefoot version of the dress.

What I tried to do is right click on Dress to export it as an obj file, then create a whole new project with CBBE template and only adding the Dress.obj file for the mesh. Then I right click on Dress -> Copy Bone Weights then go to Slider -> Conform All and save the project to build it in BodySlide.

However when in game equipping the new outfit either makes my body invisible or gets my character naked with the body under the ground and out of shape.

I should point out though than when loading the project again in Outfit Studio there's no green CBBE listed in the meshes.
Thanks!

OutfitStudio_x64_2020-04-13_19-06-57.png

You dont need to export

See in top right pumps? Delete them

But next problem that can happen is that body have cut feet

You can remove body, save, reopen project and add basic cbbe body but maybe dress have custom bones, besides base body can have spots where it will clip thru dress

On 4/14/2020 at 12:01 AM, Indarello said:

You dont need to export

See in top right pumps? Delete them

But next problem that can happen is that body have cut feet

You can remove body, save, reopen project and add basic cbbe body but maybe dress have custom bones, besides base body can have spots where it will clip thru dress

It looks like there are two bodies in that outfit.  Delete the reference body in outfit studio and resave and rebuild

I have a little experience with this type of thing. What I am seeing is that there are two bodies as has been posted before. Has the dress already been run through CBBE yet? One of the bodies probably goes with the shoes. So, select both the PUMPS and the BODY and delete them both. Only the dress should be visible. There is NO need to export the dress as an OBJ unless you are planning on editing the mesh, and you might be able to do it with the mask tool in OS.

Now, you need a regular CBBE body.  I typically use the one that comes with Ousnius' lacy CBBE underwear because the body is complete. So add the body from the outfit, and then delete the bra & panties. If the dress has been run through bodyslide already, it should be a perfect fit. The body will not have shoes, as you wanted. Export the shape to .NIF in OS and make sure that you select the dress in the dialog box.

Here's one that I did not so long ago... One is a test fit with a jacket.

MASHImage11.jpg

MASHImage12.jpg

Thanks all for your answers and sorry for being late.

I managed to solve my problem by deleting the unwanted vertices and saving to another project (which is what I wasn't doing...).

However now I face another problem which is that I tried to port skyrim outfits to fallout 4 following this guide https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21111/

Everything works fine and the ported meshes appear correctly in Outfit Studio, BodySlide and even in the Creation Kit but in game it is under the ground and I need to jump or to toggle free camera in order to see it under my feet.

In the guide OP says that you have to move every ported meshes down -120 units in the Z axis so I thought that was the problem, but when I redid all the steps without moving the meshes down equipping the item in game caused instant CTDs.
I searched for a bit but didn't find any solutions.