beautifulmusiclover Posted April 9, 2020 Posted April 9, 2020 I'm really surprised no one has done any wicked animations on the boats. The bigger conoue shouldn't be a problem.
Shellty_ Posted April 9, 2020 Posted April 9, 2020 I agree, it's strange that no one has made animations on canoe yet. That would be superb.
Elsalovescocaine Posted April 10, 2020 Posted April 10, 2020 funny thing is that you can do that easy, as prop mode just export boat model and animate it is riged if you want to animate movements , pd must be on land, guess water and ww still non compatible.
GreyNaya Posted April 10, 2020 Posted April 10, 2020 Yeah that's true - water and ww are not compatible, so the only animations that can be made are when canoe is on the ground. But this obviously won't be what you want to get, huh.
wongfoo2003 Posted April 10, 2020 Posted April 10, 2020 Here a link to an explanation: https://www.patreon.com/posts/disappointing-28491719
R-Lo Posted April 10, 2020 Posted April 10, 2020 1 hour ago, wongfoo2003 said: Here a link to an explanation: https://www.patreon.com/posts/disappointing-28491719 Can you paste the info please, Its a patron only post unfortunately due to being NSFW and following guidelines ? Tempted to experiment with this ?
wongfoo2003 Posted April 10, 2020 Posted April 10, 2020 Anarcis wrote on his patreon side: Disappointing news! So, quick update, patrons! The most recent $5 vote ended in a vote for a sex interaction for the outrigger canoe added in the Island Living expansion pack. Having finished the animation for today's update, it then came out during testing that the interaction doesn't actually work in game. The Sims refuse to get on the boat. In fact, The only way the Sims will get close to managing it is by enabling Teleport To Location, but that causes the canoe to switch to docked mode, which looks extremely stupid, like so: So anyway, it'll take some time to figure this one out. It's probably the mobile nature of the canoe that makes it tricky, but I'm not much of a programmer. The animation's going to be in the mod regardless, and hopefully we'll be able to get it working some day. So I'm off to setting up an update for this weekend - sorry for the delay! TURBODRIVER Hey! With the boat changing its mesh state when on water, preparing the object for sex causes it to reset and revert back to the default mesh state. I was informed of this issue, but it might be unavoidable. Retaining the mesh state on use can cause issues with other objects not aligning with animations that work just fine right now. I would need to make a special exception just for the boat and I don't even know if I can. And then I would need to deal with it being on water and changing its position and rotation. This might be a little too much to be worth it. Anarcis Thought that miht be the problem (in my limited understanding of the mod!). It sound like a disproportionate amount of work for comparatively little return. I'm sure I can manage without boat animations Thanks for clearing that up!
Elsalovescocaine Posted April 10, 2020 Posted April 10, 2020 3 hours ago, wongfoo2003 said: Anarcis wrote on his patreon side: Disappointing news! So, quick update, patrons! The most recent $5 vote ended in a vote for a sex interaction for the outrigger canoe added in the Island Living expansion pack. Having finished the animation for today's update, it then came out during testing that the interaction doesn't actually work in game. The Sims refuse to get on the boat. In fact, The only way the Sims will get close to managing it is by enabling Teleport To Location, but that causes the canoe to switch to docked mode, which looks extremely stupid, like so: So anyway, it'll take some time to figure this one out. It's probably the mobile nature of the canoe that makes it tricky, but I'm not much of a programmer. The animation's going to be in the mod regardless, and hopefully we'll be able to get it working some day. So I'm off to setting up an update for this weekend - sorry for the delay! TURBODRIVER Hey! With the boat changing its mesh state when on water, preparing the object for sex causes it to reset and revert back to the default mesh state. I was informed of this issue, but it might be unavoidable. Retaining the mesh state on use can cause issues with other objects not aligning with animations that work just fine right now. I would need to make a special exception just for the boat and I don't even know if I can. And then I would need to deal with it being on water and changing its position and rotation. This might be a little too much to be worth it. Anarcis Thought that miht be the problem (in my limited understanding of the mod!). It sound like a disproportionate amount of work for comparatively little return. I'm sure I can manage without boat animations Thanks for clearing that up! thats might explain why EA prefers to let waters around another sims 4 worlds with no beaches, even if some of them like pet world, owned a big rideable boat . recode those worlds might spend ages. but people can still have canoe sex on land. something is better than nothing.
Shellty_ Posted April 11, 2020 Posted April 11, 2020 Now it's clear why there are no such animations. Thank you for the information!
beautifulmusiclover Posted April 15, 2020 Author Posted April 15, 2020 On 4/10/2020 at 4:50 AM, GreyNaya said: Yeah that's true - water and ww are not compatible, so the only animations that can be made are when canoe is on the ground. But this obviously won't be what you want to get, huh. Yeah I'd rather it be in water but on land will do till we can get it in water. We could make like the canoue was marooned on land and our sim couples couldn't help themselves.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.