SexoutNG - need input

astymma

I'd love to see some animations involving feet (like animated prostitution's footsie one), but that's more of a fetish thing. Maybe shove it into the f/f animations somewhere. Iunno. I just want more animations xD. Also, something to change the volume of / toggle the sex sounds would be nice. 

AP's anims should be included in Sexout, will check and see if the footsie ones are there and if the random picker is including them.

As for toggling, in the "Sexout" menu (not "SexoutNG"), open General Settings, there's two checkboxes "Use Voices" and "Use In-Game Voices". Use Voices determines if actors make sound during the act, in-game voices determines if vanilla sound files should be played.

Will look and see how sounds are played and if I can set the volume dynamically at the play point.

Very, VERY minor nitpick: Femle

:D

That could be SCR, if it is, feel free to slap me back into silence on this issue. ;)

Need a lot more information... unless you want me to go searching through every single record in Sexout and SCR looking for one typo lol.

It's in the MCM, I'll grab a pic. Sorry for the brain freeze... medication is making me slow. Just something that gave me giggles for awhile... don't know why. :D

Screen_Shot6.jpg

I'd love to see some animations involving feet (like animated prostitution's footsie one), but that's more of a fetish thing. Maybe shove it into the f/f animations somewhere. Iunno. I just want more animations xD. Also, something to change the volume of / toggle the sex sounds would be nice. 

AP's anims should be included in Sexout, will check and see if the footsie ones are there and if the random picker is including them.

As for toggling, in the "Sexout" menu (not "SexoutNG"), open General Settings, there's two checkboxes "Use Voices" and "Use In-Game Voices". Use Voices determines if actors make sound during the act, in-game voices determines if vanilla sound files should be played.

Will look and see how sounds are played and if I can set the volume dynamically at the play point.

Cool stuff I actually have a 0/100% slider for Sexout sounds in SCR currently only used by Pregnancy I think, but didn't realise there was on already in Sexout, I'll change my code over to that when you have it sorted. 

If you get really bored, how about adding a dummy effect to those spells without effects and any similar GECK / FNV non-error messages   :)

A little more information and yeah, sure, I'll take a look at doing it.

If you get really bored, how about adding a dummy effect to those spells without effects and any similar GECK / FNV non-error messages   :)

A little more information and yeah, sure, I'll take a look at doing it.

Here you go, it's just the one, and something about SexoutSlaver faction being friends with a faction that's not friends with them, not sure if that one is fixable :)

[00:00] Checking for Errors in [14] Sexout.esm

[00:00]           EFID - Base Effect -> Found a NULL reference, expected: MGEF
[00:00]         Above errors were found in :Effect
[00:00]       Above errors were found in :Effects
[00:00]     Above errors were found in :SexoutChameleon "Chameleon" [ENCH:1400F75C]
[00:00]   Above errors were found in :GRUP Top "ENCH"
[00:00] Above errors were found in :[14] Sexout.esm
[00:00] All Done!

Hey astymma

following up on refsurface stuff, I notice there's a good chance that after the act the player gets knocked down to weird places, including through walls etc, ending up in empty space. If there's follow-up sex through a CBDialog, that can also make your pc transparent because the camera has a higher chance to be wonky at the point of making the new call. I was wondering if you could make it so that we can declare a posx & posy beforehand to be movedto after getting back up but before the cb stuff kicks in? Ideally for all actors involved. Or instead of posx/y values a different ref that we could set to a headingmarker?

I toyed with the idea of doing that with cbspells, but wasn't sure about the timing, whether the cbdialogs might not kick in before the spells had the time to move the actors.

If you haven't got enough to do, I thought of something else. :) 

I've never been able to get bDoKORapee, bDoKORapist, and bDoKOCons to work.  They are supposed to disable the knockout/cum effect, but I've tried multiple times and they seem to do nothing.

(Or maybe I'm missing something.  I'm just following the API instructions in prideslayer's sexoutNG thread.)

I've wondered if anything can be done about animations not playing in sync? I dont remember how it was in LoversPK and whether it had the same issue or not. I heard it may be an engine issue and cannot be rectified but it would be worth looking into. Ultimately a minor issue but if it can be solved I can create longer and more deliberate animations and not the fast burst style stuff currently in Sexout.

Hey astymma

following up on refsurface stuff, I notice there's a good chance that after the act the player gets knocked down to weird places, including through walls etc, ending up in empty space. If there's follow-up sex through a CBDialog, that can also make your pc transparent because the camera has a higher chance to be wonky at the point of making the new call. I was wondering if you could make it so that we can declare a posx & posy beforehand to be movedto after getting back up but before the cb stuff kicks in? Ideally for all actors involved. Or instead of posx/y values a different ref that we could set to a headingmarker?

I toyed with the idea of doing that with cbspells, but wasn't sure about the timing, whether the cbdialogs might not kick in before the spells had the time to move the actors.

Well, according to the scripts, CBDialog is handled *before* CBSpell but the CBDialog handler does have a delay built in. I'd try a few tests using a CBSpell that moves the actors because my guess is since they're basically fired at the same time that the spell (if it were a very simple script with just movement) would likely complete before the StartConversation.

If you haven't got enough to do, I thought of something else. :)

I've never been able to get bDoKORapee, bDoKORapist, and bDoKOCons to work.  They are supposed to disable the knockout/cum effect, but I've tried multiple times and they seem to do nothing.

(Or maybe I'm missing something.  I'm just following the API instructions in prideslayer's sexoutNG thread.)

I'll take a look at those flags.

I've wondered if anything can be done about animations not playing in sync? I dont remember how it was in LoversPK and whether it had the same issue or not. I heard it may be an engine issue and cannot be rectified but it would be worth looking into. Ultimately a minor issue but if it can be solved I can create longer and more deliberate animations and not the fast burst style stuff currently in Sexout.

Yeah, it's an engine issue... there's simply no way to guarantee two animations fire at the same time using the engine as it is. It's very much subject to graphics lag and script lag and even if you fire one animation immediately after another, the engine may choose to start one in one frame and the next one in the next frame. If anyone does know a solution that works, please tell me.

Longer and more deliberate animations would be greatly appreciated even if it doesn't fix the sync'd start issue in my opinion.

Well, according to the scripts, CBDialog is handled *before* CBSpell but the CBDialog handler does have a delay built in. I'd try a few tests using a CBSpell that moves the actors because my guess is since they're basically fired at the same time that the spell (if it were a very simple script with just movement) would likely complete before the StartConversation.

OK, I'll give it a go.

Edit: Seems to work alright with a simple moveto command to headingmarkers. Guess I just needed the nudge ;)

Edit 2: It does bork up if an actor gets stuck in the knockdown anim due to ragdolling into the wall for a few secs though. Don't know how else to describe that. In that case the cbdialog kicks in first and the moveto doesn't happen for the player.

How far away are we from having the ability to change animations during sex?

Also just a thumbs up out to all the sexout contributors, you've done an amazing job   :)

There's still quite a bit of work left to do before I can look at changes like that. However, it's something I'm sure most users would want, including myself.

OK, I'll give it a go.

Edit: Seems to work alright with a simple moveto command to headingmarkers. Guess I just needed the nudge ;)

Edit 2: It does bork up if an actor gets stuck in the knockdown anim due to ragdolling into the wall for a few secs though. Don't know how else to describe that. In that case the cbdialog kicks in first and the moveto doesn't happen for the player.

Yeah, if that much tweaking and unpredictability exists, it may be necessary to change the scripts to be more explicit in handling it. The problem with handling it is that *you* know what's a safe area in your plugin and I doubt *I* will be able to know what's a safe area within Sexout. Basically I mean it's difficult to implement a generic handler to "move actors to safety".

Yeah, if that much tweaking and unpredictability exists, it may be necessary to change the scripts to be more explicit in handling it. The problem with handling it is that *you* know what's a safe area in your plugin and I doubt *I* will be able to know what's a safe area within Sexout. Basically I mean it's difficult to implement a generic handler to "move actors to safety".

Well, pointing to the specific places should be left up to the modders indeed. Doesn't matter much to me whether the move happens through a cb spell script of my own or an NG script if for instance something like a CBMoveRefA/B/C variable were available to be declared or not, as long as it can be made to work reliably. Moving to a headingmarker ref works well enough in itself, really, it's just in the sequence or timing of the different things that happen after sex that things get messed up for me.

Some specifics:

- The sequence I'm testing starts with oral on the female player (anim 242) so the PC is actorA; at the end she gets catapulted into the wall & is jammed there for a second or 2 during her KO state (standard). CBSpellA, which is a simple moveto on both actors, is not cast at all: the dbp notification I have in the ScriptEffectStart block doesn't show and there is no move.

Begin ScriptEffectStart

DebugPrint "SOFO: PostSex Position spell cast"
player.moveto SOFOPSPlayerPos
DocMitchellRef.moveto SOFOPSDMPos

End 
CBDialogB kicks in right as she stands up, both actors are now just standing on top of the bed having the conversation that leads to the next scene. There's a chance here that the pc becomes transparent because the 3rd person camera is in that in-between state when the pc has her back too close to a wall. Which is why I tried the moveto thing in the first place.

- The second scene is vaginal (anim 705) so PC is ActorB; at the end the CBspellA moves both actors as they should (the PC is even sent flying in that exact direction instead of into the wall, which is probably thanks to the anim's positioning itself). CBDialogA kicks in right afterwards, as it should.

---

On another try, I set the post-sex position spell in the first scene as CBspellB instead: there are conditions in the cbdialog part of sexout's cleanup script that only apply if it's not cast on the player, I figured that might be part of the problem.

In this case, the actors were moved correctly right after the first scene knockdown. The move does happen completely simultaneously with the dialog menu opening up - in one out of three tests this way the camera/setactoralpha stuff couldn't keep up & the PC's hands and head became transparent at the point of making the second call.

In all 3 tests in this case, the post-sex position CBspellA in the second scene is cast twice, and CBDialogA doesn't execute at all. Both actors are moved but the npc just walks off without so much as a thank you ma'm. It's not a case of the CBspellB from the first scene not being cleared out - I manually set it to 0 in the second call to make sure.

So, y'know, there's something there that just ain't right, and I have this gut feeling that spell in the wall might have something to do with it, maybe one of those IsIdlePlaying etc conditions in the cleanup script that returns a false result. Just a feeling though. I am using the old calling version for this, but because there are no other npc's in the cell I don't see how that can make the difference.

The more I think about it, the better I like the idea of NG handling a post-sex move if CBMarkerRefs are declared and making sure that's the first thing that happens, before the other cb stuff & removing the DoNothing package on npc's. Because double beds are always with the headboard to a wall, the post-sex knockdown often sends the pc flying in that direction, depending on the animation & how it's positioned on the bed. Even if it doesn't, there's also the aesthetic advantage of not having actors stand on top of a bed with their grimy shoes on, because, y'know, who does that ;)

DoctaSax:

Yeah, I'd have to say that I'm going to need to make that process much more explicit or at least more deliberate with some built in delays so that if X needs to come before Y and Y needs to come before Z that we explicitly make it happen that way. Adding some CBMoveRef variables is a good idea as well. I should also look at reducing the physics push of the knockdown

and/or finding a less "dramatic" way of doing the process.

• 2 months later...

Speaking with astymma in PMs and catching up.  Most of this is now fixed or at least no worse for wear, other than this last bit, right?

Easy solution to that seems to me to be simply putting the actors back where they were before sexout kicked in.. maybe with +1Z?  This wouldn't really hurt anything during the callback chains I don't think, and it might fix some issues where callbacks near a wall/door can start 'pushing' characters into/through the wall or other stationary object.

I'm all ears about a better 'knockdown' effect.  I've always hated the one that's there, though what was there before that was worse.

Edit: reading more closely that long post about callback woes.. thought all that crap was straightened out before I departed!

Speaking with astymma in PMs and catching up.  Most of this is now fixed or at least no worse for wear, other than this last bit, right?

Easy solution to that seems to me to be simply putting the actors back where they were before sexout kicked in.. maybe with +1Z?  This wouldn't really hurt anything during the callback chains I don't think, and it might fix some issues where callbacks near a wall/door can start 'pushing' characters into/through the wall or other stationary object.

I'm all ears about a better 'knockdown' effect.  I've always hated the one that's there, though what was there before that was worse.

Edit: reading more closely that long post about callback woes.. thought all that crap was straightened out before I departed!

Ehm, yeah, sorry ;) Callbacks usually work for me, but I had too much interaction with the walls when placing my scenes on a bed. Found myself caught between the second scene being messed up due to player-too-close-to-wall-after-knockdown syndrome (problem 1), or due to the sequencing of cbspells/dialog going nutty when I tried to use cbspells to move the actors to solve that (problem 2). So I put that on hold for the time being, commented it all out to make sure the story progresses (depends on the scene).

I'm thinking putting the actors back where they were before would definitely be an improvement, although I quite like the idea of specifying markers to moveto, if only because my scenes sometimes happen when the player enters a trigger, and putting her back may be seen as as leaving the trigger box. Maybe placing them back where they were could be default, unless refs are specified to move to? In any case, just a moveto to their previous position may also suffer from problem 2, I think - it may just need a bit of a delay before the callbacks kick in.

Good to see ya, btw. I'll try not to come up with too many things for you to do :)

Prideslayer, just a quick question, would it be viable to have a custom animation for the "knockdown" effect?

Yes and no..  It would be dreadfully easy to just play an animation of the character falling/laying down, like a solo sex scene for a few seconds, and then bring them back out of it.  This might not break any mods, but then again, it might.. it's really hard to say without just trying it.

I wish there was some easy place to just poke the endurance ragdoll it's using to just 'fall' rather than 'go flying all crazy.'

Archived