Whip marks

The old prison overhaul use to say to...

If you want to make the whip marks last longer, you can tweak this in skyrim.ini. Under the section [display] add the following:

fDecalLifetime=300.0

Might be worth a try

5 minutes ago, Krynn said:

that sounds good, can I put this there forever?

I'd think so yeah although it has been quite a long time since i've used that mod to use that .ini setting i just recalled it when i saw the thread

I do have

[Camera]
fAutoVanityModeDelay=32000.0000

To make sure the vanity camera (the circle around player when you afk, dont move mouse) never triggers so i'd think with a high enough value you could have whip marks last as long as you like but it might affect other decals like the blood one as well

34 minutes ago, pinky6225 said:

I'd think so yeah although it has been quite a long time since i've used that mod to use that .ini setting i just recalled it when i saw the thread

I do have

[Camera]

To make sure the vanity camera (the circle around player when you afk, dont move mouse) never triggers so i'd think with a high enough value you could have whip marks last as long as you like but it might affect other decals like the blood one as well

Yeah, there's some truth in that.
the signs of a battle should actually disappear at some point.
difficult...

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello,

I installed Skyrim again after a long time, but this time the SE version.
I have the lines
fDecalLifetime=300.0 and
in the ini, but they are no longer recognized in the SE version.
Does anyone have a clue if this is also possible in the Special Edition version with the whipmarks so they don't disappear?

Best regards