I need help making a mashup work. (Not Quite Solved!)

What I want:

I have this.

heels.png

And I have this.

tt.png

What I want is this:

combo.PNG

And ideally, I'd like it texture swapped and bodyslid so the top looks like this:

jass.png

I have the texture swap part working, at least. The picture is the tank-top only version, just to be clear.

If I can't get the sliders to work, I'd be happy with a non-bodyslide mesh that had the proportions I wanted. (I'm not that big a boob fetishist, I just want an outfit that clearly objectifies and degrades the person wearing it).

What I've been doing:

• Build both sets to the CBBE zeroed body
  • Load project and load the high heel .osp file
  • choose load outfit
  • load the tank top outfit with "preserve shapes" ticked
  • That gets me the tank top loaded, but I have an extra body, which isn't set up for the heels

2body_problem.PNG

• So I delete the tank top body
  • That gets me something that looks about right.

one_body.PNG

• As I understand it, the remaining CBBE body is the one with the sliders. So I need to set that as the reference body
  • Then I conform the tank top to the "heels" body
  • and just for good measure, conform the shoes as well.
  • Then I export as nif
  • And I get a tanktop that's largely inside the girl's boobs. It doesn't seem to matter if I export the reference or not.

ScreenShot296.png

I figure I'm missing something obvious. Anyone point me in the right direction?

Never mind, I got it.

ScreenShot313.pngScreenShot314.png

For anyone with the same problem:

• Load outfit (not project!) to get the heels outfit in. Load from .nif file
  • Load the other item (with "keep existing shapes" ticked) from the other nif
  • delete the non-heels body if there are more than one
  • play with the outfit studio mesh tools to fix any clipping issues
  • change the material by right clicking on the mesh and choosing properties
  • save over the old mesh. Or in a mod folder where it will override the original in MO2)

And Robert is indeed your mother's brother!

This doesn't give you siders, but if you build both outfits to the shape you want before you start, it should work out about right.

My Jubilation may have been a tad premature:

ScreenShot337.png

I;m not sure how to fix the clipping. If I had working sliders I could try different slider settings and fix it that way, but I don't have working sliders.

It's not the end of the world - I can rationalize the clipping as holes in the top, which in some ways makes it better. Still, I'd like to get it right.

OK. I think I know why the mesh is clipping:

ScreenShot340.png

One is pregnant, one isn't. The morphs are making her boobs bigger. But since I can't build the top, I therefore can't build it with "build morphs" box ticked.

I suppose what I have at the moment is essentially a vanilla outfit. So what I probably need is a conversion reference.

4 hours ago, DocClox said:

OK. I think I know why the mesh is clipping:

ScreenShot340.png

One is pregnant, one isn't. The morphs are making her boobs bigger. But since I can't build the top, I therefore can't build it with "build morphs" box ticked.

I suppose what I have at the moment is essentially a vanilla outfit. So what I probably need is a conversion reference.

If top is looking normally in outfit studio, then you need delete its bones and then press copy boneweight on it and slider>confirm selected

I tried copying the bone weights and conforming the sliders, and after a couple of false starts...

ScreenShot28.png

It seems to work.

And it works from pregnant

preggo.png

And non-pregnant actors equally. So that's good

itseemstowork.png

I am still having trouble with one aspect. I backed out of the idea of a mashup in favor of a bodiless top and separate heels, with both built to the same preset. And that works just fine if they're wearing heels.

heels.png

But it all falls apart if they take them off.

noheels.png

Not sure why, since the body is built to the same settings as the top. I might try what the High Heels author did and put a reference body in the top anyway, and then hide it with a zap. It seems to work in that case, so it's got to be worth a shot.

Meanwhile, I'm just glad to get my girls subdued without (quite) falling out of their tops.

ack_clutch.png

So many thanks for that :)

[edit]

Just  to add: if they're not wearing heels and out of the stocks, I get the opposite problem:

ScreenShot42.png

Which I probably wouldn't mind if it was a little less blatant...

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah sadly a lot of clothing/armors utilizing F4HH's once say AAF removes the heels for an animation but part of the clothing/armor is not set to be stripped it doesn't fit correctly anymore.   I have tried to alter the way the patch for AAF from f4hh's works to no luck.   AAF removes a lot of heels so that animations line up properly, which is good, but if you use equipment manager option and apply heels back during animation the character is offset to the fit the height of the F4HH mod, so animation is off on alignment.