worik

[solved] [Creationkit] How to create a spot , where the player can sit down?

Question

I've created a little bathing spot and surrounded it with stone blocks.

Now, I would like to have a spot, where the player can sit down and enjoy the steam and hot water.

But I failed. :classic_sad:

I tried all the various invisible chair objects but none of them gives me ingame the option to sit down.

Now I wonder what I am missing, or of there is a guide or example where I can learn how that works? 🤔

Any hint is welcome. Thank you 😊

Ingame

Spoiler

WMAE_bath.jpg.0dd08559b3b82bb3afed3b9df9738cbe.jpg

in the CK

Spoiler

WMAE-CK_bath.jpg.42edbad3f2ddbfa1a8b60d3324a2179f.jpg

6 answers to this question

On 3/25/2020 at 4:39 PM, worik said:

I've created a little bathing spot and surrounded it with stone blocks.

Now, I would like to have a spot, where the player can sit down and enjoy the steam and hot water.

But I failed. :classic_sad:

I tried all the various invisible chair objects but none of them gives me ingame the option to sit down.

Now I wonder what I am missing, or of there is a guide or example where I can learn how that works? 🤔

Any hint is welcome. Thank you 😊

Ingame

Reveal hidden contents

in the CK

Reveal hidden contents

I don't know but I know who I would ask - EinarrtheRed. Get on the Club site and post your question. You'll get an answer (my last one was answered by Blackbird Wanderer but it WAS answered).

My fallback idea would be to sink/embed a bench into the other objects, so that it "appears" to be the covering object. 🤔

But I would have thought that there is a more elegant solution.

Right now, I am looking into "Simple Actions" and DRT to understand how they did it.

Update so far. I could

1. embed a small sitting furniture inside of my in appearant sitting object.
  2. clone a usual furniture chair object make the world model invisible => make it a marker, and just use this instead of the vanilla invisibleChair objects
  3. clone a usual furniture chair object and swap the world model with what ever I have in mind to put my ass on it.
  4. script a solution with an activator box around my intended sitting spot
  5. create my own activatable object and combine it with the invisiblePlayerChair
  6. ....

🤔 Many roads to rome. But none seems overly elegant to me... yet.

10 hours ago, worik said:

2. clone a usual furniture chair object make the world model invisible => make it a marker, and just use this instead of the vanilla invisibleChair objects

it works  :classic_smile: ... and now I have my own invisible chair objects, which are useable for PC and NPC likewise

I have no idea, what these other vanilla invisiblechair objects do any good :classic_unsure: (Serious cases of Bugthesda?)

Proof of concept 👇

Spoiler

S124153.jpg.34a01fd4dcc36a9dd37505125aa4e69a.jpg

S124155.jpg.d934d2c576d066a815cdafa81ace79d7.jpg

S124156.jpg.b3ca2d5775d6e53d662d5b4c82ed16f9.jpg

Now, I need a better UI name for it. "sitting spot" sounds a bit ... strange :classic_huh:? Any native speakers?

Anyway. If someone has any better/easier/simpler approach to solve this, feel welcome to comment here :classic_smile:

Edit: and there is even a small youtube guide to this solution (minute 3:00+):

Spoiler

17 minutes ago, craigdkilner said:

When you googled "skyrim sit anywhere" and you tried this mod, what was wrong with it? I thought it was good.

I was asking about how to do that in the CK and to create the approriate marker, not to play such a sitting spot ingame. 🙂