IGNORED

MagicDisallowEnchanting

I've been going thru all of my clothing mods installed and deleting the "MagicDisallowEnchanting" under ARMOR/KEYWORDS. I just realized that this prevents enchanting and renaming the item in game. Are there any ramifications for this? If there is no reason for this then why on earth do modders even put that in?

In DeviousDevices, all BDSM features are triggered by magic effects. Disenchanting an item worn by the PC would defeat the purpose of it being punishment or restrictive.

Some High Heels mods use enchantment effects to trigger change of height in the skeleton. Disenchanting them would disrupt functioning of the effect.

Some modders don't include crafting recipes making their armor deliberately unique. Since disenchanting them would destroy them, there wouldn't be any way to obtain them again except for cheating.

And last but not least: If I were to write a mod around an especially powerful and unique artifact, I'd set that flag as well. Because dovahkiin or not, the PC isn't powerful enough to disenchant and destroy a godly or daedric artifact as old as time itself.

So - some ramifications relate to lore, some to mod function and some are serious. Pick your poison.

i think there is a misunderstanding. this is what i'm talking about (see image)

that keyword in the stockings armor doesn't allow you to enchant and rename the stocking in game. i deleted it and its now enchantable. my original question was if this was an oversight by the mod author or purposefully configured.

Capture.JPG.4e78b75610301b4906d3e2a3cc23f384.JPG

It can also be a balance issue. The vanilla game enchantment system is built around four-piece outfits - head, torso, hands, feet, with necklace and ring as well. With the number of different pieces included in many mods - stockings, bags, sleeves, pauldrons, arm straps, leg straps, skirts, knickers, bras, piercings and lots more - if you could put an enchantment on everything you could be an invulnerable god.

Other keywords also determine the type of enchantment that can be used. You can't put the same range of enchantments on, for example, torso pieces as you can on boots. The ArmorCuirass and ClothingBody keywords limit one, and the ArmorBoots and ClothingFeet limit the other. To set up items using different slots for proper enchantments, they'd have to be given those types of keywords, and that can cause its own problems. A pair of knickers shouldn't count as shoes. I personally seek and destroy all ArmorCuirass and ClothingBody keywords in mods for anything that isn't the main torso piece, because that keyword also flags the character as modestly dressed. You can have your character walking around in nothing but a pair of stockings and not only would no one comment, but SexLab Aroused wouldn't count her as nude for arousal calculations without fiddling with the MCM.

Things like that. There are lots of reasons to use that keyword. If those things don't bother you, feel free to edit the keyword out. That's the beauty of modding. You can customise the game, and its mods, to your own tastes.

5 hours ago, hogsmaws said:

i think there is a misunderstanding. this is what i'm talking about (see image)

that keyword in the stockings armor doesn't allow you to enchant and rename the stocking in game. i deleted it and its now enchantable. my original question was if this was an oversight by the mod author or purposefully configured.

On purpose, you have to manually add those keywords they are not on items by default.

1 hour ago, hogsmaws said:

then i hope this help anyone who wanted to enchant the whole outfit for any mod that this may pertain to.

The only time this could cause problems is if there are custom enchantments on them, removing the keyword would allow those enchantments to be learned, but unless the spell/enchantment is set up correctly they will not show for applying to player enchanted items, doing this can cause odd reactions, or at least it did the last time I tried it.  It is why items with unique and custom enchantments are usually key worded to not allow disenchanting.