Seas of Red Exclamation Marks

Voyde

Good people of Lovers Lab,

Let me begin by saying you people are "Heroes of the Wastes" with all the mods, technical support and general chatter you deliver.

I've been struggling with a massive problem over the last couple of months. It seems Fallout : NV runs perfectly fine along a massive load of mods both from Lovers Lab and that other, less popular site ;)

When I decided I wanted to throw Sexout into my game, since I beaten it over 6 times with different endings, I started gathering all the mods I could get, carefully studying any conflicts between them as well as all the required other mods. I put them all together in FOMM and started a new, clean game. The starting point with Doc Mitchell was absolutely fine, without any problems or errors.

Screenshot0.bmp is my first shot of being outside of Doc Mitchell's house. All the textures are fine, working and no problems are seen.

Screenshot1.bmp is a test as my character undressed to see if the body is working fine. Check mark, there.

Then strange stuff starts to happen. After walking a short while (Not changing to Interior Cells) the screen begins to change to a purple/pinkish flicker. As shown in Screenshot2.bmp.

Now, I'm not someone that likes to complain, so I carry on.. Making a screenshot of the working textures on people and scenery in Screenshot3.bmp ( Still with a Pinkish Glow )

But then I walk inside the famous Prospector Saloon and all hell breaks loose.. As seen in Screenshot4.bmp

The textures shift and replace with every step taken.. Perhaps I've been an ultimate goofball and didn't read something I should've done. So here is my load order :

[spoiler=Load Order][X] FalloutNV.esm
[X] DeadMoney.esm
[X] HonestHearts.esm
[X] OldWorldBlues.esm
[X] LonesomeRoad.esm
[X] GunRunnersArsenal.esm
[X] ClassicPack.esm
[X] MercenaryPack.esm
[X] TribalPack.esm
[X] CaravanPack.esm
[X] Advanced Recon Tech.esm
[X] CFWNV.esm
[X] CINEMATECH.esm
[X] Detect Traps.esm
[X] AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
[X] NSkies URWLified.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Core.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
[X] Selective Fire.esm
[X] Sexout.esm
[X] SexoutSlavery.esm
[X] SexoutLegion.esm
[X] oHUD.esm
[X] New Vegas Redesigned II.esm
[X] Lings.esm
[X] MikotoBeauty.esm
[X] Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm
[X] RustTownV1Master.esm
[X] SexoutPregnancyV3.esm
[X] SexOutCheyenneReplacer.esm
[X] msexBase.esp
[X] SexOutMDJJFollowerBase.esm
[X] SexoutStore.esm
[X] SexoutCommonResources.esm
[X] DarNifiedUINV.esp
[X] CASM.esp
[X] The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
[X] The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
[X] UHNV.esp
[X] UHNV-Dead Money.esp
[X] UHNV-Honest Hearts.esp
[X] UHNV-OWB.esp
[X] UHNV-Lonesome Road.esp
[X] UHNV-More Mannequins.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Old World Blues (No Cyberware).esp
[X] Project Nevada - Lonesome Road.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
[X] Selective Fire - Project Nevada.esp
[X] NewVegasBounties.esp
[X] Cowboy Perk Complete - New Vegas Bounties.esp
[X] Detect Traps - Perk.esp
[X] Detect Traps - Traponator 4000.esp
[X] Detect Traps - DLC.esp
[ ] FalloutNVCheatTerminal.esp
[X] pipboy2500_edisleado.esp
[X] Advanced Recon Gear.esp
[X] Advanced Recon Tech.esp
[X] Advanced Recon Tech - Detect Traps.esp
[X] Advanced Recon Gear-Locations Doc Mitchell.esp
[X] christinecos.esp
[X] Kaya47NordicWeapons.esp
[X] Advanced Recon Armor.esp
[X] Advanced Recon Armor-Location Doc Mitchell.esp
[X] Advanced Recon Armor-Stealth With Drawn Weapon.esp
[X] Advanced Recon Desert Ranger Helmet.esp
[X] Advanced Recon Range Finder.esp
[X] Advanced Recon Gear - Project Nevada.esp
[X] Armored Duster.esp
[X] Dark Justice Duster.esp
[X] DragonskinTacticalOutfit.esp
[ ] DragonskinNCRPersonnelWearingOutfits.esp
[X] DragonskinBonusPack.esp
[X] DTO-ProjectNevada.esp
[X] DTOBP-ProjectNevada.esp
[X] FlashlightNVSE.esp
[X] JRougeRangerCoats4Loot.esp
[ ] VegasChokers.esp
[X] LingsPrettyThings.esp
[X] NVR- Recommended.esp
[X] New Vegas redesigned- Honest Hearts.esp
[X] AWOPDeadMoney.esp
[X] Quick Trade.esp
[X] WeaponModsExpanded.esp
[X] Project Nevada - WMX.esp
[X] WMX-ModernWeapons.esp
[X] WMX-DeadMoney.esp
[X] WMX-HonestHearts.esp
[X] WMX-OldWorldBlues.esp
[X] WMX-LonesomeRoad.esp
[X] WMX-GunRunnersArsenal.esp
[X] WMX-MW-GRA.esp
[X] WMX-ArenovalisTextures.esp
[X] WMX-PreOrderPackClassic.esp
[X] WMX-PreOrderPackCaravan.esp
[X] WMX-PreOrderPackMercenary.esp
[X] WMX-PreOrderPackTribal.esp
[X] EVE FNV.esp
[X] EVE FNV-[GRA Patch for EVE 1.3].esp
[X] Project Nevada - EVE.esp
[X] WMX-EVE.esp
[X] Vurt's WFO.esp
[X] NSkies URWLifiedOWB.esp
[X] NSkies URWLifiedHH.esp
[X] NSkies URWLifiedDM.esp
[X] DYNAVISION 2 - Dynamic Lens Effect.esp
[X] ELECTRO-CITY - Imaginator.esp
[X] Directors Chair.esp
[X] CustomLighting II.esp
[X] MikotoBeauty.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Cyberware Additions.esp
[X] Project Nevada - Rebalance Complete.esp
[ ] Project Nevada - All DLC.esp
[ ] devarmory1.esp
[X] TFH Rugged Race.esp
[X] CFW-DLC.esp
[X] CFW-PN.esp
[X] CFW-PN-DLC.esp
[X] JRougeRangerCoats4Free.esp
[ ] coc SlayArmory.esp
[X] RustTownAdditions3.esp
[X] SnifferFactionRemover.esp
[X] BiggunsTerminal_DM_HH_OWB_LR.esp
[X] 1 Special Weapons and Armor.esp
[ ] SexoutEpidemic.esp
[X] SexoutFadeToBlack.esp
[X] SexoutFiends.esp
[X] SexoutHookupsAlt.esp
[X] SexoutHowAbout.esp
[X] SexoutKhans.esp
[X] SexoutKings.esp
[ ] SexoutLust.esp
[X] SexoutNCR.esp
[X] SexoutPowderGangers.esp
[X] SexoutCheckMeOut.esp
[X] msexVeronica.esp
[X] SexOutCRWorldHookUp.esp
[X] SexoutDiscounts.esp
[X] SexoutAffairs.esp
[X] SexoutASB.esp
[X] SexoutBreeder.esp
[X] SexoutBrutalRapers.esp
[X] SexOutBrutildaTheButcher.esp
[X] SexoutDocMitchell.esp
[X] SexoutClothingEval.esp
[X] SexoutDrugs.esp
[X] SexoutCompanions.esp
[X] SexoutConsequences EX.esp
[X] SexoutConsequences.esp
[X] SexoutZAZ.esp
[X] SexoutRapeGame.esp
[X] SmallerTalk.esp
[ ] SexoutXPM.esp
[X] SexoutWorkingGirl.esp
[X] SexoutTrade.esp
[X] SexoutStraponSex.esp
[X] SexoutYield.esp
[X] Tryout-PG Kennel.esp
[X] Tryout-Kennel Pregnancy.esp
[ ] SexoutSlavery_Adventures.esp
[ ] SexoutSS_C.esp
[ ] SexoutSexkey.esp
[ ] SexoutSex.esp
[ ] SexoutRex.esp
[ ] SexoutRapist.esp
[ ] SexoutRocket.esp

Now, I have installed and configured all the standard needs for Sexout.

- The Core and Data Files

- NVSE and it's custom Extender

- The Custom needed Skeleton

- Archive Invalidation, trough FOMM

Still, these strange things keep popping up, does anyone have an idea what could be the cause, and more importantly.. The fix ?

I've tried disabling mods and booting up again ( including disabling ALL of them except for the base FO files and Sexout files ) which still brings along the same problems.

I've had this problem for a very long time now, and even resorted to getting the Compilation pack, to see if that would work (Yes, I downloaded all the requirements of those packs, as well.) and the same problems still persist.

Oh, and b.t.w.. The reason some of the pre-mentioned Sexout mods are disabled (apart from SexoutLust & SexoutXPM) are because they won't allow me to start the game (CTD on Startup)

I am truly sorry for being a perpetual nuisance, but with a community like this, I'm almost sure a solution will be found. (Or at least hope it will be :P )

Thank you,

Voyde

Red exlamation marks are show when meshes are missing. You have many mods installed, so I really can't say which one is causing problems. An 'easy' way to find out would be removing ALL mods that have something to do with Sexout, and Sexout itself, and see if it works. If it doesn't than it's not a problem with Sexout. If it works, you could try installing only Sexout and SCR, and check again. You can repeat this for any mods you want to play. Some of the mods you mentioned, like SexoutXPM, don't work and should not be installed at all.
Also, a good idea is to have a clean save on start, without any mods installed.
Hope this helps :)

Red exlamation marks are show when meshes are missing. You have many mods installed, so I really can't say which one is causing problems. An 'easy' way to find out would be removing ALL mods that have something to do with Sexout, and Sexout itself, and see if it works. If it doesn't than it's not a problem with Sexout. If it works, you could try installing only Sexout and SCR, and check again. You can repeat this for any mods you want to play. Some of the mods you mentioned, like SexoutXPM, don't work and should not be installed at all.

Also, a good idea is to have a clean save on start, without any mods installed.

Hope this helps :)

Meshes and Texture problems, indeed, I understand that those are the two points that summon the magical exclamation mark. That's why I've gone over testing a bare-install with only Sexout mods, like previously mentioned. The strange thing is that if you look at the last screenshot, the radio that should be standing behind the bar has an exclamation mark, which is a mesh (& Texture) which comes from the base game itself. There are no mods that actually conflict, override or change the standard files for the radio. Nonetheless, if this means going over an extensive checklist of what might be going wrong, I'll start right now.

When you say Sexout mods, I guess you mean a lot of mods that have something to do with Sexout. What I meant is that you should try installing only core stuff, SexoutNG and SCR, and check is it working. I use just a few Sexout mods, like: Lust, SCES-MCM, CheckMeOut, msexVeronica, Consequnces and StraponSex. These work together for me, so they should work for you too. Sry I can't provide more help.

EDIT:

Forgot to mention ZAZDataPAck, TryoutDataPAck and modified VegasChokers. Think they're in SCR reqiurements, not sure right now :D

When you say Sexout mods, I guess you mean a lot of mods that have something to do with Sexout. What I meant is that you should try installing only core stuff, SexoutNG and SCR, and check is it working. I use just a few Sexout mods, like: Lust, SCES-MCM, CheckMeOut, msexVeronica, Consequnces and StraponSex. These work together for me, so they should work for you too. Sry I can't provide more help.

First of all ; Don't get me wrong, any form of help is greatly appreciated. If you've got ideas, just drop them by, and I'll try them.

Second ; Just tried deactivating all my mods, except for

FalloutNV.esm

DeadMoney.esm

HonestHearts.esm

OldWorldBlues.esm

LonesomeRoad.esm

GunRunnersArsenal.esm

ClassicPack.esm

MercenaryPack.esm

TribalPack.esm

CaravanPack.esm

And then..

Sexout.esm

SexoutCommonResources.esm

SexoutLust.esp

SexoutCheckMeOut.esp

SexoutConsequences EX.esp

SexoutConsequences.esp

SexoutStraponSex.esp

The same problem has arisen. Seas of Red Exclamation marks once again, and garbled textures as far as the eyes can see :P

I am not familiar with the SCES-MCM part in your load list, Borisni. Anything that I might be missing ?

Both conequnces won't work together, you only need this one.

Here's my LO, hope it helps:

[spoiler=my LO][X] FalloutNV.esm
[X] DeadMoney.esm
[X] HonestHearts.esm
[X] OldWorldBlues.esm
[X] LonesomeRoad.esm
[X] ClassicPack.esm
[X] MercenaryPack.esm
[X] TribalPack.esm
[X] CaravanPack.esm
[X] Caliber.esm
[X] Lings.esm
[X] Primary Needs HUD.esm
[X] Sexout.esm
[X] SexoutSlavery.esm
[X] SexoutStore.esm
[X] msexBase.esm
[X] Readius_NV.esp
[X] st.esp
[X] SexoutZAZ.esp
[X] Further3rdPersonCamera.esp
[X] SmallerTalk.esp
[X] fiendgirls.esp
[X] Fiends_bettergear.esp
[X] The Fiends and Me.esp
[X] SexoutLust.esp
[X] SexoutLust - pHUD.esp
[X] SexoutCheckMeOut.esp
[X] SexoutStraponSex.esp
[X] SexoutASB.esp
[X] msexVeronica.esp

First of all ; Don't get me wrong, any form of help is greatly appreciated. If you've got ideas, just drop them by, and I'll try them.

Second ; Just tried deactivating all my mods, except for

FalloutNV.esm

DeadMoney.esm

HonestHearts.esm

OldWorldBlues.esm

LonesomeRoad.esm

GunRunnersArsenal.esm

ClassicPack.esm

MercenaryPack.esm

TribalPack.esm

CaravanPack.esm

And then..

Sexout.esm

SexoutCommonResources.esm

SexoutLust.esp

SexoutCheckMeOut.esp

SexoutConsequences EX.esp

SexoutConsequences.esp

SexoutStraponSex.esp

The same problem has arisen. Seas of Red Exclamation marks once again, and garbled textures as far as the eyes can see :P

I am not familiar with the SCES-MCM part in your load list, Borisni. Anything that I might be missing ?

Both conequnces won't work together, you only need this one.

Here's my LO, hope it helps:

[spoiler=my LO][X] FalloutNV.esm

[X] DeadMoney.esm

[X] HonestHearts.esm

[X] OldWorldBlues.esm

[X] LonesomeRoad.esm

[X] ClassicPack.esm

[X] MercenaryPack.esm

[X] TribalPack.esm

[X] CaravanPack.esm

[X] Caliber.esm

[X] Lings.esm

[X] Primary Needs HUD.esm

[X] Sexout.esm

[X] SexoutSlavery.esm

[X] SexoutStore.esm

[X] msexBase.esm

[X] Readius_NV.esp

[X] st.esp

[X] SexoutZAZ.esp

[X] Further3rdPersonCamera.esp

[X] SmallerTalk.esp

[X] fiendgirls.esp

[X] Fiends_bettergear.esp

[X] The Fiends and Me.esp

[X] SexoutLust.esp

[X] SexoutLust - pHUD.esp

[X] SexoutCheckMeOut.esp

[X] SexoutStraponSex.esp

[X] SexoutASB.esp

[X] msexVeronica.esp

Now, that is interesting. I loaded your load order into my FOMM, and the texture problem is completely gone and I was able to play around with Sunny as a victim. So this means there must be a mod conflicting with it, somewhere. I'll be searching the problem maker. Thanx! Any other ideas/replies towards what might be the perpetrator, I would appreciate.

Something also worth pointing out is that with many mods loaded you can run into the 'too many mods' bug. Which might explain a missing mesh/texture of something vanilla. I had this before, and everything worked fine in Doc Mitchell's house, because it's a small environment & the rest of the wasteland hadn't loaded yet. But when I got out all sorts of bad shit happened - missing meshes that weren't missing at all, & I couldn't even open containers. You might see your problems disappear with just a few of your mods disabled - in which case you'll know this is the cause.

Something also worth pointing out is that with many mods loaded you can run into the 'too many mods' bug. Which might explain a missing mesh/texture of something vanilla. I had this before, and everything worked fine in Doc Mitchell's house, because it's a small environment & the rest of the wasteland hadn't loaded yet. But when I got out all sorts of bad shit happened - missing meshes that weren't missing at all, & I couldn't even open containers. You might see your problems disappear with just a few of your mods disabled - in which case you'll know this is the cause.

Mhh.. I flipped the switch to faulty again (Failing Mod Loads) and I can access containers.. I'm wondering.. Next to my loaded modlist, I do have some FOMODs installed, that don't carry any ESP's and such (Meshes, Textures) should I count those up with the list of ESP, ESM's and such ?

Just plain data files don't enter into the 'too many esps' bug, which is more about too many formid's or references - the jury's still out on that, I think.

Alright, Clairvoyant answer. I'll twiddle and tweak some more. Thanx ;)

I don't know id this is your issue, but I found when I installed too many mods that I started getting vanilla meshes like street signs disappearing, that weren't changed by any mods I installed, like maybe there's some sort of memory limit for meshes or something, I deleted some mods and the problem cleared up.

I don't know id this is your issue, but I found when I installed too many mods that I started getting vanilla meshes like street signs disappearing, that weren't changed by any mods I installed, like maybe there's some sort of memory limit for meshes or something, I deleted some mods and the problem cleared up.

I think you're hitting the spot, right there. After slowly activating some mod after mod I could see the stability of both meshes and textures crippled bit by bit. My game was running fine, until plugging in some more addons.. Once I got to the Sewer ( SewerSlave Mod ) the textures started garbling again. Real shame, actually, since my system (including 16GB of RAM) feels useless towards this game.

Archived