Chat app

Kashiwaba Tomoe

Guest Lady Luck

how about this  i can host a chat application  and then post the link , anyway  LL really  need to have consistent chat last time IRC  nobody used it. 

We already have the IRC channel, we don't need anything else.

how about this  i can host a chat application  and then post the link , anyway  LL really  need to have consistent chat last time IRC  nobody used it. 

Most people didn't use the IRC channel because it was not controled or moderated by site staff.

edit: @ lady luck, the IRC is still running as it always has, folks use it, just not many, and the site staff have avoided it for a while for various reasons.

Hey, come on now.  I don't avoid it.  It is true that I rarely get on it, but that is not the same thing at all.  It is just hard for me to devote much time to it, as I have too many other plates spinning.  I have popped on whenever there was a need.  I personally prefer to use the forum so that I don't have to say the same things too many times.  Plus it is easier on me to pop in and ask\answer questions or make comments and pop back off.  My version of a drive by...... :P

Besides, I would think the freedom to pretty much say whatever you want, free of any moderation would be right up most folks alley.  ;)

edit: @ lady luck, the IRC is still running as it always has, folks use it, just not many, and the site staff have avoided it for a while for various reasons.

Hey, come on now.  I don't avoid it.  It is true that I rarely get on it, but that is not the same thing at all.  It is just hard for me to devote much time to it, as I have too many other plates spinning.  I have popped on whenever there was a need.  I personally prefer to use the forum so that I don't have to say the same things too many times.  Plus it is easier on me to pop in and ask\answer questions or make comments and pop back off.  My version of a drive by...... :P

Besides, I would think the freedom to pretty much say whatever you want, free of any moderation would be right up most folks alley.  ;)

Well, a tad ironic since you just mentioned freedom of speach, but in a post of mine taht seems to have vanished I actually acknowledged that you were the most active mod on the IRC greg.

edit: disregard, I was going to post a link in the normal manner, have a bit of the text be clickable, but it doesn't seem to allow that anymore.......

Your doing it wrong in works completely fine.

Google

I mean within the post controlls, if it still works that way, it's been changed to be a pain to figure out.

furthermore, there doesn't seem to be any way to turn OFF some of the new shit.

Take, for example, my sig.

It's an image, but I set it to work as a clickable link.

Under the new software, I'm unable to edit it any more because it loads as an image while I'm editing it, which prevents changing the link

^ i do what he says " hint : He hates nagging bitches " Lol

That's not true. I'm a nagging bitch, and he loves me!

lol oh you girls see right through a man's heart, don't you?  :heart: 

Lamooo i nag alot and he hates me >.>

Now where'd you get a silly idea like that from? 

I mean within the post controlls, if it still works that way, it's been changed to be a pain to figure out.

furthermore, there doesn't seem to be any way to turn OFF some of the new shit.

Take, for example, my sig.

It's an image, but I set it to work as a clickable link.

Under the new software, I'm unable to edit it any more because it loads as an image while I'm editing it, which prevents changing the link

KT, there is a function when posting/editing stuff (like a sig, etc) which allows you to use the old format. Its the little switch on the left side, right beside the rubber icon, that lets you see stuff in the old format. This is especially useful with quotes, as I share your pain - for quotes I don't like the new system either.

But I'm using it now and it works wonderfully - try that with your image, hopefully it it will show the code and not the image.

OH FUCK YES!

Thanks for pointing that out (unlike certain others on the board).

well, invision did SOMETHING right with this new board code it seems, shame too, invision used to be pretty good back in the day (cheap and ugly, but stable and easy)

edit: Just please talk Ashal out of trying the new IPB chat app, it's on par with the quote system for how much it sucks.

Archived