Weird texture for certain skin-exposing armors

AhmadShahMassoud

it looks like how a false armor (false body type)
if you are using UNP, it may already problems with Vanilla outfits give (not modded).
here are the guidelines.

all UNP \ 7B Bodys*******************************UNP Textures******************************UNP \ 7B Outfits

CBBEv2 \ CHSBHC******************************CBBEv2 Textures**************************CBBEv2 \ CHSBHC Outfits  

ADEC Body************************************ADEC Textures****************************ADEC Outfits

etc.

one intermingling of these components, causing Texture errors, you can with UNP never a CBBE Armor to use.

only exception totally enclosed (not Skimpy) !           

if you are using UNP, it may already problems with Vanilla outfits give (not modded).

here are the guidelines.

all UNP \ 7B Bodys*******************************UNP Textures******************************UNP \ 7B Outfits

CBBEv2 \ CHSBHC******************************CBBEv2 Textures**************************CBBEv2 \ CHSBHC Outfits  

ADEC Body************************************ADEC Textures****************************ADEC Outfits

etc.

one intermingling of these components, causing Texture errors, you can with UNP never a CBBE Armor to use.

Is there a way to get around this?

here are the guidelines.

etc.

Is there a way to get around this?

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!  ;)

To technically understand it, please keep in mind that the armor always uses its on body meshes. What you see when you undress your character is what you create via bodyslide, or install via packes like the original UNP e.g.

If you install CBBE forsworn armor, while using UNP skin textures, you get a mismatch. Why? The armor uses CBBE, the skin stays with UNP since the CBBE armor is not replacing the skin texture. And all those files use different names, so that there is no overwritting / conflict between them. You might call it redundand that an armor uses its own meshes, but its the way most armors and clothes work.

Therefore, as said before: get the UNP rework of the forsworn armors, get the UNP skin pack of your liking and the problem should have been solved.

Texture mismatch from mixing one body type with textures of another body type tend to create neck, wrist, and ankle seams, blocky seams where the legs attach to the torso and the nipples do not align with the texture decals.

What Ahmadshahmassoud is experiencing is something different, like the textures wrapped incorrectly around the mesh and exhibit an inner glow.   I have had this problem before (Ladybody and a CBBE variant) and reinstalling the body and/or textures fixed it.

Maybe what OP is experiencing is a case of using textures for a different body type or it could be the same as what I mentioned.

Either that or he renamed the files manually - at the second picture I can see a footprint of the back of the shoulders. Maybe some file mix-up - but you are right, the damage is too big for a simple CBBE / UNP error.

I will admit to playing around with some of the female body textures, but this doesn't seem to happen with the majority of skimpy armor. In any case, the texture is just femalebody_1.dds, right?

Either that or he renamed the files manually - at the second picture I can see a footprint of the back of the shoulders. Maybe some file mix-up - but you are right, the damage is too big for a simple CBBE / UNP error.

I will admit to playing around with some of the female body textures, but this doesn't seem to happen with the majority of skimpy armor. In any case, the texture is just femalebody_1.dds, right?

femalebody_1.dds (skin map)

femalebody_1_msn.dds (normal map)

femalebody_1_s.dds (specular map)

femalebody_1_sk.dds (subsurface map)

Same types of textures apply to hands and head.

You will also find textures that omit "_1" (ex. femalebody.dds, femalebody_msn.dds, etc).

So if you install a texture pack, for example Fairskin Complexion, without making any changes to any of the files and all originally installed textures files are either overwritten or removed, equipping the Forsworn outfit will still show the body having the glitched textures?

You will also find textures that omit "_1" (ex. femalebody.dds, femalebody_msn.dds, etc).

So if you install a texture pack, for example Fairskin Complexion, without making any changes to any of the files and all originally installed textures files are either overwritten or removed, equipping the Forsworn outfit will still show the body having the glitched textures?

Installing the Fairskin Complexion texture pack does not solve the problem. The textures were overwritten, but I'm still getting the ugly texture mismatch. 

Installing the Fairskin Complexion texture pack does not solve the problem. The textures were overwritten, but I'm still getting the ugly texture mismatch. 

You can install skin textures all day and it wont solve your problem. You have a mesh or esp problem. Either will give you the same problem you're currently having. I assume you are not installing things manually so find anything that is related to the armors that are giving you problem and disable it load the game and see if problems persist. Now if that fixed it start turning them back on one at a time and you will find your culprit.

He mentioned fiddling with the textures which was when he noticed the problem.  By asking him to install a complete texture pack, we can rule out the textures as the cause.

Now the question is "is he using the vanilla Forsworn outfit or something converted for UNP?". 

AhmadShahMassoud   

If the outfit is a conversion, can you send me the NIF files.

Sorry Psycho my goal wasn't to offend. I just sorta ruled the textures out when he said it was limited to specific armors. Plus I was about 70% sure LB had been installed when I seen his screenshot lol. Oh and glad the problem was fixed.

He mentioned fiddling with the textures which was when he noticed the problem.  By asking him to install a complete texture pack, we can rule out the textures as the cause.

Now the question is "is he using the vanilla Forsworn outfit or something converted for UNP?". 

AhmadShahMassoud   

If the outfit is a conversion, can you send me the NIF files.

Sorry Psycho my goal wasn't to offend. I just sorta ruled the textures out when he said it was limited to specific armors. Plus I was about 70% sure LB had been installed when I seen his screenshot lol. Oh and glad the problem was fixed.

No offense taken.  Now that we all know the culprit is LadyBody, we won't be feeling around in the dark when the next person asks for help with the same problem.

Archived