I could not get AAF to work, so I reloaded the game and only added the necessary files for AAF.  It still would not work.  I loaded SKSE for FO 4, MCM, Looks menu , Bodyslide and Outfit Studio.  I made the changes to the Ini files.  I loaded AAF and themes. 

I cannot lower AAF in my load order.  It always springs back to near the top.  

Is it common for Looks Menu to uncheck itself for the next game?

Any ideas?

46 minutes ago, Collum said:

I could not get AAF to work, so I reloaded the game and only added the necessary files for AAF.  It still would not work.  I loaded SKSE for FO 4, MCM, Looks menu , Bodyslide and Outfit Studio.  I made the changes to the Ini files.  I loaded AAF and themes. 

I cannot lower AAF in my load order.  It always springs back to near the top.  

Is it common for Looks Menu to uncheck itself for the next game?

Any ideas?

Your are not using your mod manager to start Fallout 4 Game with F4SE. Instead you are starting your game with the Fallout.exe.  You need to start your Game with  F4se .

Did you set the Ini files to read only after making changes?

good question @ANGRYWOLVERINE  . I was kinda thinking it was to "Enable Modding"

So, I did change the ini to read only.  No change.  I have tried to avoid mod managers.  But now I have set up Vortex.  My problem now is that I cant' get FOSE to function.  I have followed the directions on vortex's Knowledge base.  But when I try to run the game it says that the executable does not exist. 

The message however says Cannot find Fallout4.exe

42 minutes ago, ANGRYWOLVERINE said:

You need to use MO2.

I have had issues with Vortex.

As it is you must use a mod manager these days. Trying to avoid using one is worthless imo.

Why he need to use MO2 if you have problems with Vortex? I am using it for 8 month and have 0 problems with it

I have Fallout 4 loaded onto Vortex.  I cannot get AAF to work.  

Weird things:

1. I read that One Patch to Rule them All is supposed to be loaded every time I change something in AAF.  So, I have uninstalled it and then installed it.  After launching the game, the AAF One Patch to rule them All has stopped showing up in the list of mods.

2.  Looks Menu will not stay selected in the list of mods, after launching the game.  Is this common?   Looks Menu sometimes shows near the top of the mods list.  the next time I go into the game Looks menu is at the bottom and unchecked.  Is this normal?

Will AAF work without it checked?  Since AAF has never worked I do not know if Looks Menu not staying checked is a symptom of a problem or if this is normal.

3.  I have tried to change the order of animation mods, and especially of AAF to see if that will get it working, but it defaults to the top of the page.  Since I am using Vortex and have it listed as before all animation mods, do I have to move mods around after launching the game?  (I read that one person puts mods in a certain order and so keeps the animation mods lower in the list.  so when I have tried to move AAF. it immediately jumps back to the top of the page.)

I have changed the ini files.

I have loaded everything onto Vortex, so the installation should be complete.  I also believe that Vortex would tell me if some mod is missing if it is required.

Is there some common mistake I am likely making?

On 3/13/2020 at 6:11 PM, Indarello said:

Why he need to use MO2 if you have problems with Vortex? I am using it for 8 month and have 0 problems with it

And I had a lot of problems with vortex.Not everyone is the same.

I understand Tannin was hired by the dark one aka the owner of the nexus but quite frankly I don't see him  making vortex was as helpful as MO has been.That's nothing personal against Tannin.The guy knows more than I will ever know about mod making skyrim.Or the dark one either.

IMO Vortax hasn't  been the be all end all of mod managers.

As for my AF it works partially. Some scenes work some don't. Some they don't do anything. 

I have decided to stick with AF better or worse for my current playthrough but if I play another F4 game at some point I will go back to the old stuff.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

I deployed the mod according to loverslab's method, but the animation still doesn't load properly, except TortureDevices which can load its own animations, other animation packages don't work

18 minutes ago, acacdf said:

I deployed the mod according to loverslab's method, but the animation still doesn't load properly, except TortureDevices which can load its own animations, other animation packages don't work

You need to provide at least some info

• 3 weeks later...