IGNORED

Edit clothing slots/categories in packages

1 hour ago, the5dude said:

Thanks.  I see that I can edit the outfit type with "My CC", but is there an option to edit the slot?  Ex: turning a dress into a top.

I wouldn't know...it's probably possible but you'd need to speak to someone on here that makes cc clothing....sorry :(

@the5dude It is indeed possible in S4Studio, as @procian said. Open the *.package via My Projects. Then in Studio tab go to Categories tab. You'll find Outfit type scroll down menu there. Select the desired slot, press Apply to All Swatches and Save. This usually works nicely for simple things like skin details, but I doubt you'll get good results if you do this for items with complicated meshes (such as full body dress). The "proper" slot change also involves moving all the texture layers around to avoid texture overlaps (conflicts).

9 hours ago, erplederp said:

@the5dude It is indeed possible in S4Studio, as @procian said. Open the *.package via My Projects. Then in Studio tab go to Categories tab. You'll find Outfit type scroll down menu there. Select the desired slot, press Apply to All Swatches and Save. This usually works nicely for simple things like skin details, but I doubt you'll get good results if you do this for items with complicated meshes (such as full body dress). The "proper" slot change also involves moving all the texture layers around to avoid texture overlaps (conflicts).

Thanks for the heads up on this :)

It is indeed simple to modify the type in S4S but getting the mesh & UV map right is a pain. I converted simple hair to hat for a mannequin to wear it. In S4S everything looks fine but ingame the face was missing or only parts were visible.