What is "love"?

As a person who has never experience the emotion I am curious to what it is and how it feels.

I'm not meaning the Love of Family or the Love of a good bottle of Jack Daniels but the Love of someone you care about for whatever reason there is.

To me, Love is like Sex, plenty of it around but I never seem to get it. (figuratively and literally).

So!  Lets see how we can define "love".

hopefully that 's a serious topic...

Love is a potion

Mixed up by careless fools

to my opinion, that tune describes the topic perfectly.
allways i hear that track, i'm getting a great happy mood.

lyrics: http://www.lyricsty.com/sub-focus-out-the-blue-lyrics.html

@TS You'll know that is love when it hits you. ;)

or love could be this; "you have to understand german to understand this with all of his sense"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsRf7KvxXgk

In my eyes, true love is when your willing to listen to someone else and they are the same to you, I'm not talking about commands, I'm saying when you have an opinion,instead of self deprication and denial of you being right, or arrogance and denial of you being wrong, you take another person's opinion in account with yours and think about it

Love, when it's the real deal is something that just envelops you. It's a feeling of total devotion and joy for the person you have it for. It's something that pushes to go that extra mile for that person just to see them happy. It's something that, well right now in my life keeps me together. I lived with the woman I loved for 3 years, and I sacrificed being with her at least for the time being because financially my presence was hurting her. I still love her though, and she loves me. Love brings out the best in you, and yeah sacrifice is involved but it's not a bad sacrifice when you know it's helping that person you love. It's total devotion and the willingness to put your own desires aside. While that may sound bad when it's mutual it goes both ways, and it's just this bond that no words can truly describe. It's like when I'm in a bad spot, just hearing her voice brings me a sense of peace.

I've been in my share of relationships, some of which I thought were love, but weren't. But I have been in love twice in my life and it has it's risks of course in opening yourself like that. But the rewards far outweigh the risks. Better to love and lose than to never love at all and all that. My first love is a very complicating story and it involved a great deal of loss since he passed away. There was also a lot of confusion back then about my feelings because I was young and going through a lot of identity issues. I didn't realize I was in love until it was too late. As for the love of my life now, well I worship her and it's really one of those things that keeps me going.

So in a nutshell love, true love is a really wonderful thing for those who are lucky enough to experience it.

Guest Plastrader

What is love, baby don't hurt me no more.

It's a feeling of total devotion and joy for the person you have it for. It's something that pushes to go that extra mile for that person just to see them happy.

That pretty much summerize it I think.

Now how this joy actually feels is something which cannot be described or defined.

So in a nutshell love, true love is a really wonderful thing for those who are lucky enough to experience it.

And unfortunately it can hurt to a point where you can't allow yourself to fall in love...

Gets me thinking of Korn - B.B.K:

Life sometimes pisses me off

It's never a good trip for me

Every time I reach for love

It's taken away

Guest Plastrader

Lol now Im feeling abit left out not being in love with anyone haha

Well neither am I.

The important thing is that you shouldn't feel that way.

Love comes sooner or later.

But don't rush it.

What is love
Oh baby, don't hurt me
Don't hurt me no more
Oh, baby don't hurt me
Don't hurt me no more
What is love
Yeah
Oh, i don't know why you're not there
I give you my love, but you don't care
So what is right and what is wrong
Gimme a sign
What is love
Oh baby, don't hurt me
Don't hurt me no more
What is love

Guest Lady Luck

As a person who has never experience the emotion I am curious to what it is and how it feels.

I'm not meaning the Love of Family or the Love of a good bottle of Jack Daniels but the Love of someone you care about for whatever reason there is.

To me, Love is like Sex, plenty of it around but I never seem to get it. (figuratively and literally).

So!  Lets see how we can define "love".

if you had mind set  that defined " love" on subjective needs like sex , you truly  don't know what real love is

Definition of love Between Positive and negative side

A Real love is a constant  lifestyle that many people didn't know or realize, when you feel like You comfortable with that person and t hat person start to care about you a lot then anybody else in this world "That's love"  that's another way to defined  love  .. "feelings" sadly rarity nowadays.

A Real love  would defined  "Achievement" if you can raised a children with your hard earned money feeding of kids when you get married " that's love"  but then when i think about that definition "it's denial" when you kids grow up  they throw a sharp dagger and tear your heart to pieces.

love is complicated but i say that's just " dumb" it's not complicated,it's an excuse that people don't want to understand it because you know why, it's mentality set  of minds that people have today oh love is about money, it's true actually love is another subjective feeling that won't feed you off with hungry stomach.

Love is root of all evil , once you meet a beautiful maiden then she controls your life , take everything you hold dearly and break it, love is an evil piece of trend that shouldn't be worship as god , instead balancing it with positive and negative thought.

Love is one thing you can't defined in any dictionary  or seek it advice through another book , it flows like a song  one slight out of tune your life is over ,  everything you had that you kept so long will eventually fade out , the worst kind of love.

Love is an epic journey through understanding relationship and Sexual lifestyle , it's another way to defined sex in love and relationship  , when you meet extremely hot female and consistent lifestyle you wish you had a great sex  with her, in reality

not all sexy girls have the " intelligence" to understand the word "love"

i can defined series of love definition but i think it's hard to understand because really, you can't defined it at all , its all about the odds and "feeling lucky".

love doesnt always involve two persons or a group or whatever.  you can mimic the psychological feeling easily (chocolate, for example) but im not going to be deep in this topic, as there are a lot of different points of view. love it is easily and commonly misunderstood with joy and content (the jack daniels example from lord_dweedle) but there is no best definition, you can consider love for something or someone where others doesnt see it. so, the best definition will be your "own" definition. do not let other people to teach "their point of view" of love, or you will be lost. experiment yourself in the search for your own answer, but be cautious.

remember, when you smell the perfume of someone you care, and you feel something weird in your stomach, it could be love, but be warned that your brain could be teasing you, and it is only content what he wants. (or maybe you just have stomach ache)

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."