Sims 3 mod conflict - solved

landess

Like many, I'm addicted to mods. After all, this is what brought us here together in the first place.

I recently had an issue I wanted to track down. The biggest problem was "what was affected" in the game. In my case, the roller/ice skating animation wasn't playing and was replaced by a walking animation. Knowing this worked recently allowed me to look at my mod archive, back to when I had certain mods installed while a working animation was used.

Next I needed to identify the mod in question since I had not installed anything directly related to skating, or the *Seasons EP festival/grounds. I was made aware just trying to skate on a frozen pond. I smell a script related problem here. So looking over my archive, I began removing ANYTHING script related a few at a time, and tested for results, eventually finding the culprit. I returned to the mod download location, and checked to see if I had made an error. None I could find, but the date of the mod also helped me understand the possibility of an unforeseen issue. Now my troubleshooting story is done on with the show!

>>>>When using the Mod:  sHoNi_Playable_Mummies_Walk_Normally  from: http://www.modthesims.info/d/419791/request-playable-mummies-walk-normally-updated-for-pets-please-redownload.html I find on my installation it will disable the skating animation used by the Seasons EP for regular skating. Spinning alone or with another Sim works normally.

Because 'skating' isn't a thing I have my Sims doing on a regular basis, it was a bit before I discovered this conflict and luckily, my Mod archive folder helped me to locate the file quickly. I used a bit of common sense, followed by tried and true testing methods for locating bad CC. The mod works fine, it just has a conflict. Game never suffered from lag or crashes, just merely an animation substitution.

So I guess I go back to having the Mummy use the Into the Future Hoverboard :)    'A Zombie can out-walk a Mummy'

NSFW screenshot:

Spoiler

Screenshot-575.jpg.3ee9614aec20956239a1cd6da8c7afbc.jpg

Basically this mod needs to be 'patched' for Seasons.

Archived