Bald npc's

44 minutes ago, rb813 said:

It looks like she's not completely bald. Are you sure that's not just a hairstyle option that was randomly selected?

I know you can't tell from the distance but trust me, up close they are bald. Come on does that look like a hairstyle? ? Plus this is the case for quite a few other npc's not just that one.

I had a similar issue with a piece of broken CC. At a distance, it looked like a clipping issue, but up close my sims were bald. In my case, a hair accessory (enabled for random sims) caused the issue. Removing it solved the issue. However, that was ages ago, so I don't recall which CC item caused it.

5 hours ago, Scorpio said:

You can check all of those cc items using Sims 4 Studio(S4S).

Every file selected will show what it looks like on a blank sim dummy.

Not perfectly but maybe enough to find it.

One would need a batch option to generate a thumbnail for each .package file. Loading files one by one may spend some days looking for it.

Thanks for all the helpful info guys.

So one I did was take those npc's into CAS to check which CC was causing the problem. (Which I didn't know you could do) & after editing a few of them I notice that they were all wearing a certain hairstyle

this one --> missParaply_yfHair_cazyRaindrops_allColors.package

Which didn't work because it would just appear as invisible. So I removed that cc but unfortunately it didn't return the default hairstyle to the npc's that they were wearing. Instead, the game just selected the game's default bald style. So right now I have no choice but to give those npc's a hairstyle. It sucks but it also gives me the chance to give those npc's a bit of a makeover since some of them are a bit weird looking.

On 2/25/2020 at 11:35 PM, Oops19 said:

One would need a batch option to generate a thumbnail for each .package file. Loading files one by one may spend some days looking for it.

I don't bother with thumbnails.

I just use the cc option to list everything in mods folder.

Since I have different folders for hair, makeup, accessories, etc., I just open each folder to look.

Each file selected will then show cc in main window to observe.

Didn't take me long to find bad hair or clothing at least.

Archived