Noob questions on creating new AAF animations

Since CBP and OCBP physics now have presets for Fusion Girl, CBBP and almost all other FO4 female body replacers... and even has settings to make make Body Talk balls move:

Which max 3d rigs available here on LL are best to use for creating new FO4 animations? Would any experienced animators like to share useful tips (or better rigs ?) to help out a noob?

The Zaz Fusion Girl rig has "auto-magic" helpers that bake tit, and butt,  jiggles into the animation. Wouldn't that fight with the physics over who owns "jiggle rights" during playback? Do the Leito rigs use the Zaz skeleton? Is it OK to stay with Leito rigs and let the physics sort it out?

And what about creature rigs? I fought FO4 for hours trying to get Dogmeats penis to show up in Leito, and others, animations in-game. The Doglove author says Leito equips the dog penis like armor... and is outdated... but Doglove makes all the other animators dog animations equip the penis. Which creature rigs are best at the present time to use for animating? How to align the pre-market creature rig penis to the aftermarket armor penis?

Why isn't Doglove in any AAF guide? You have to stumble across the file and info in the middle of a thread. There is a Deathclaw penis in downloads that states it is needed for the Deathclaw penis to even show up in animations. Is this like Doglove and essential? If so, why isn't this in any AAF guide either?

Can anyone explain what modifications I would have to make to the Super Mutant skeleton to stop the "freeze on death-can't loot without save-reload" bug? I can use the console in game to "disable then enable" each frozen SM and this makes "most" rag doll to the floor and sometimes lets me loot the ones still standing frozen after the re-enable. Can the Zaz skeleton be used-scaled for SM rigs? Is there info on how to make in-game SMs use a Zaz skeleton? All of the "boner'd" raiders fall down nicely.

Can anyone point me to a "How to add unconditional morphs to Body slide" for dummies? I would like to add some morphs to shoulder-elbow-wrist so AAF could adjust arms so one animation could be nudged to allow maybe a "hug" or a "massage" animation be used by both fat or skinny NPCs. Or maybe one could adjust playing with HUGE Anime titties and AA cups in AAF xml files without making an exponential number of animations... I.E. a set for every cup size and body mass size.

10 hours ago, murf said:

Since CBP and OCBP physics now have presets for Fusion Girl, CBBP and almost all other FO4 female body replacers... and even has settings to make make Body Talk balls move:

Which max 3d rigs available here on LL are best to use for creating new FO4 animations? Would any experienced animators like to share useful tips (or better rigs ?) to help out a noob?

The Zaz Fusion Girl rig has "auto-magic" helpers that bake tit, and butt,  jiggles into the animation. Wouldn't that fight with the physics over who owns "jiggle rights" during playback? Do the Leito rigs use the Zaz skeleton? Is it OK to stay with Leito rigs and let the physics sort it out?

And what about creature rigs? I fought FO4 for hours trying to get Dogmeats penis to show up in Leito, and others, animations in-game. The Doglove author says Leito equips the dog penis like armor... and is outdated... but Doglove makes all the other animators dog animations equip the penis. Which creature rigs are best at the present time to use for animating? How to align the pre-market creature rig penis to the aftermarket armor penis?

Why isn't Doglove in any AAF guide? You have to stumble across the file and info in the middle of a thread. There is a Deathclaw penis in downloads that states it is needed for the Deathclaw penis to even show up in animations. Is this like Doglove and essential? If so, why isn't this in any AAF guide either?

Can anyone explain what modifications I would have to make to the Super Mutant skeleton to stop the "freeze on death-can't loot without save-reload" bug? I can use the console in game to "disable then enable" each frozen SM and this makes "most" rag doll to the floor and sometimes lets me loot the ones still standing frozen after the re-enable. Can the Zaz skeleton be used-scaled for SM rigs? Is there info on how to make in-game SMs use a Zaz skeleton? All of the "boner'd" raiders fall down nicely.

Can anyone point me to a "How to add unconditional morphs to Body slide" for dummies? I would like to add some morphs to shoulder-elbow-wrist so AAF could adjust arms so one animation could be nudged to allow maybe a "hug" or a "massage" animation be used by both fat or skinny NPCs. Or maybe one could adjust playing with HUGE Anime titties and AA cups in AAF xml files without making an exponential number of animations... I.E. a set for every cup size and body mass size.

ZaZ_AutoBounce_RIGs.7z

Tutorial

You cant control boobs, because developers decided to control them with cbp physics

I dont know about creatures and morphs in animation

I can make short video how to animate, but you can just watch much more better video on youtube about 3dsmax animating

1 hour ago, Indarello said:

ZaZ_AutoBounce_RIGs.7z

Tutorial

You cant control boobs, because developers decided to control them with cbp physics

I dont know about creatures and morphs in animation

I can make short video how to animate, but you can just watch much more better video on youtube about 3dsmax animating

OK so no having to worry about physics. That's a good thing. Thanks for the tutorial link.

No need to make a video just for me but thanks for the offer. I've watched every one I've managed to find. I have already made a few simple test animations and managed to get them working in the game. I am simply looking for pitfalls to avoid and best practices.

Thank you very much for the information.

22 hours ago, murf said:

You will need to use the Zaz rig to animate the new parts that are not controlled by physics. Mainly that is shlong.

The latest version of that skeleton was modified so that weights for other body areas are no longer controlled through animations but CBP. So, moving those rig handles around most likely will have no effect in game.

22 hours ago, murf said:

You could use Leito's rig. But then the shlong would not be animated. You could try to adjust it via morphs. But, that way is limited and will likely conflict with other AAF content mods.

It's probably best to just use the Zaz rig instead.

22 hours ago, murf said:

I don't see how morphs could be used effectively for this purpose. Surface characteristics can be adjusted. But, trying to morph new arm angles would just end up with really funky looking characters, stretched out textures, etc.

It would be better to just make variations of the animation instead. It wouldn't be that much more work once you have the base animation made. From there it would be easy to adjust slightly and re-publish. Then, in AAF you should be able to implement some scheme that uses keywords to determine which animation to play. So, if a character has the "HUGEKeyword" is plays a certain animation.

2 hours ago, dagobaking said:

You will need to use the Zaz rig to animate the new parts that are not controlled by physics. Mainly that is shlong.

The latest version of that skeleton was modified so that weights for other body areas are no longer controlled through animations but CBP. So, moving those rig handles around most likely will have no effect in game.

You could use Leito's rig. But then the shlong would not be animated. You could try to adjust it via morphs. But, that way is limited and will likely conflict with other AAF content mods.

It's probably best to just use the Zaz rig instead.

OK so I'll try your suggestions and see how things look first. I may have to dig into the max files and remove any extra physics helpers... or create my own rigs with updated Zaz models and skeletons. Should be fun.

2 hours ago, dagobaking said:

I don't see how morphs could be used effectively for this purpose. Surface characteristics can be adjusted. But, trying to morph new arm angles would just end up with really funky looking characters, stretched out textures, etc.

It would be better to just make variations of the animation instead. It wouldn't be that much more work once you have the base animation made. From there it would be easy to adjust slightly and re-publish. Then, in AAF you should be able to implement some scheme that uses keywords to determine which animation to play. So, if a character has the "HUGEKeyword" is plays a certain animation.

Thanks for the information. I still have much to learn.

42 minutes ago, murf said:

OK so I'll try your suggestions and see how things look first. I may have to dig into the max files and remove any extra physics helpers... or create my own rigs with updated Zaz models and skeletons. Should be fun.

I don't see why you would need to do all that. You can just ignore the handles for those parts. If the auto-physics distortions are distracting they can be turned off too.

12 hours ago, dagobaking said:

I don't see why you would need to do all that. You can just ignore the handles for those parts. If the auto-physics distortions are distracting they can be turned off too.

Understood. I tend to over complicate things lol. 

Is AFF able to call the Head Tint API in LooksMenu? https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/30163/

I can see all kind of uses for this if it can.

6 hours ago, murf said:

Understood. I tend to over complicate things lol. 

Is AFF able to call the Head Tint API in LooksMenu? https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/30163/

I can see all kind of uses for this if it can.

That just allows you to add new tints to be selected during character creation.

Expired has not made a scripting API for changing/adding tints outside of the character creation mode. He said that updating the characters textures/3D to apply those changes is a big performance drain. So, he didn't think it was a good idea to add to F4SE.

He did give some suggestions about how it could be added as an F4SE plug-in though. Many people would welcome such a plug-in. But, nobody has come forward to make it (that I'm aware of).

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2020 at 3:28 PM, dagobaking said:

That just allows you to add new tints to be selected during character creation.

He did give some suggestions about how it could be added as an F4SE plug-in though. Many people would welcome such a plug-in. But, nobody has come forward to make it (that I'm aware of).

Do you have a link to where Expired gave all these suggestions? My google-foo can't locate any suggestions.

9 hours ago, murf said:

Do you have a link to where Expired gave all these suggestions? My google-foo can't locate any suggestions.

It was on the #f4se channel of the xSE discord server. You may still be able to search there and find the discussion. Otherwise, ask him there.

Archived