Where to Start - What do I need to get

HyperMix

Can someone please give me a list of downloads I should get. It's been years since I played Oblivion, and I am overwhelmed. Things like models I should get, clothes replace package and essential mods that makes life easier. Already know to get OBSE, OBMM, DarnfiedUI . Just in terms of models, clothes and items to other things to make game easier. Thanks

The first question a salesman will ask is about your budget, how much are you willing to spend, before worrying about anything else.

Since mods are free (for the most part) it becomes a decision based upon personal taste. More players will be able to help with pointing you to a store, than tell you what brand to buy.

But since you're already here at Lover's Lab, half the battle is over if adult content is what you want.

Search is your best friend because you can set the parameters - don't be in such a hurry to give up freedom of choice and be handed whatever slop someone tosses at you.

It may have been 'awhile' but every mod has some form of requirements, and it gets more and more important as you mix and match to not use those which conflict. Yeah, it takes reading - a lot! So get busy reading, comparing, checking if x works with y, etc.

Unless you really expect someone to do this for you without even knowing system, versions, likes/dislikes. 

Not being snarky, but trying to get you to realize you're asking others to take on a complexity you seem reluctant to take yourself.

Simple questions like 'blah blah' should be googled. After a while you build a 'porfolio' of items that suit your taste and needs.

Of course, perhaps I'm wrong, and someone here is willing to basically upload their entire mod folder for you....

Shop here for cool shit, go to the nexus, and shop for cool shit. Type 'Oblivion Mods' in google and shop for cool shit, best part - it doesn't cost a thing.

Most everything you ask has been posted somewhere in the world, take the initiative, and search, instead of waiting to be served.

Post some screen shots when done....

Ask 10 people and you get 10 different packages of "must have Mods"

Clothes-armor Mods ? lore friendly? modern? anime?   And the body you use/ breast size ?

Race Mods: lore friendly?  anime? demons, dryads and other exotic races?

Landscape Mods: some people want better textures but use the default boring landscape. Other people use UniqueLandscape but without patches it will conflict with other Mods in the the same area.

Sex Mods ( Lovers):  Creatures Sex? rape? prostitution?

We don't know what you like.  Maybe you love anime but vomit when you hear creatures sex.

Only the base Mods and tools you need to play Oblivion with Mods, or you need before you install Lovers...  you can read my yellow Link below.

Thanks for the reply and fair enough. 

First I am not talking about sex mods or anything like that. Loverslab is right here in front of me, and I can find that stuff easily. Unless there's a mod that isn't on this site, that I should get, let me know.

Going to try the new Monster Girls COC, as I remember loving the old one. Not sure why new one is so much smaller in size, though.

I am really looking for advice on what I should get to make gameplay easier.  DarnFiedUI is the first thing I remembered to get. FormID Finder also added. Is there anything like Skyrim's "Add Item Menu"?  Then of course my own created mods found here/nexus. So anything that makes game easier to play.  HUD Alive added.

Model is DMRA as it seems to be popular here. So I am going with that model.

6 hours ago, HyperMix said:

Not sure why new one is so much smaller in size

One can always check the Version notes between the two. It's possible another mod(s) dependency became 'unstable' for lack of a better word. Perhaps even unavailable, so the author was responsible enough to keep their creation relevant.

6 hours ago, HyperMix said:

Wow

Check for some lighting ENB's. Lighting is a very understated effect in general. I even use one for the Sims 3. And it shows....

Asking the players uploading Screenshots is also a good strategy: Stroking ego's is a good thing - Wow! That looks great! WHERE did you get that? :) 

Most people enjoy talking about themselves and their accomplishments, and seem willing to go out of their way when doing so.

Oh! BTW. Given ESO followed Skyrim, and FO76 followed FO4: I've been thinking of revisiting Oblivion once some of my game library has been conquered, and WILL find myself in the very same boat. It will be a shopping trip for mods that I'll enjoy. Many years, many mods, by amazing creators. Plus Oblivion still has one of the Best DLC to date IMO. Shivering Isles.

4 hours ago, landess said:

Check for some lighting ENB's. Lighting is a very understated effect in general. I even use one for the Sims 3. And it shows....

You can even get it on Sims? I played Sim 4 so much and the graphic sucked.  I wish I knew about it. Why don't they include this stuff in the game. It makes a huge difference to the quality of output.

Wow! That looks great! WHERE did you get that? :)

lol XD

Oh! BTW. Given ESO followed Skyrim, and FO76 followed FO4: I've been thinking of revisiting Oblivion once some of my game library has been conquered, and WILL find myself in the very same boat. It will be a shopping trip for mods that I'll enjoy. Many years, many mods, by amazing creators. Plus Oblivion still has one of the Best DLC to date IMO. Shivering Isles.

When it comes to questing Oblivion and interface is much better than Skyrim. Also the mods are better. It doesn't help that the Creation Kit for it is atrocious. I have yet to complete Skyrim and might have played less than 10th of the time on it. Always get bored form it.

5 hours ago, HyperMix said:

You can even get it on Sims?

Either I'm a Google wizard, or people just don't do it. Before I submit this, I'm going to google: Sims 3 ENB. Then I'll refer the results....

Yep, just what I expected..... results

Go ahead - give it a shot: in fact, just copy this and paste it to the address bar:     Sims 3 ENB

I have over 1600 hours in Skyrim. It was the first game I heavily modded, and because of the mods available, I ended up 'roleplaying' certain races specifically. This allowed me to focus more on the game instead of wondering why my Character could do everything under the sun.

Khajit Thief: finished game and returned them to glory

Dark Elf Vampire/Mage: This one used a lot of mods, and was most satisfying.

One handed with shield only, Two handed only, Mages that use no destruction, Orc warrior, Imperial soldier, you get the gist. I finished the game quicker by not doing everything on every character. It felt natural so by restraining myself and good mod choices, I did what Bethesda was 'afraid' to do. Classes.

Then I found a mod which allowed me to add ALL my playable characters as NPC which could become companions...   LOL WUT!  No shit - it's awesome. But nowadays, I get very bored if I try to 'play' so I might run around and just kill stuff, or show others the game, but I don't 'play' anymore. Maybe after a few years it might feel interesting again, but I doubt it. Even FO4 is pretty much done for me, until one last play through with the finished companion IVY. Soon I hope!

Spoiler

ScreenShot13.thumb.png.0f31de4ef8b7864c4e7b19e48159e571.pngInaruVampireDragonborn.png.f1e17e4b312837f8f8dc104a34ef1d11.png1831036223_SelineandInigo.png.9d47662de9b18b046985e8f7013548c2.png

Edit: Concerning Oblivion - Since I'll be spending 'MORE' time again within the OB Gates, you can bet one of the first mods I'll look for will be a female Dremora replacer.

Either I'm a Google wizard, or people just don't do it. Before I submit this, I'm going to google: Sims 3 ENB. Then I'll refer the results....

I believed you. I wasn't asking, more a reaction of surprise. I have sims 4, and only because of your post I found out it's on nexus. Never even bothered to consider nexus for it. Nexus has always been for me a TES/FO site.

It felt natural so by restraining myself and good mod choices, I did what Bethesda was 'afraid' to do. Classes.

I am sure there might be a mod that does that.

I finished the game quicker by not doing everything on every character.

That's more than what I did. I think highest I got was around level 20 before I quit. Just come back to try adult mods but never had any that caught my attention long enough. Then I tried to mod, but got frustrated with the crashes. That's the problem. To this date, I find the game FPS goes down after half an hour of playing or so. Maybe the SE might fix the issues, but really cannot be asked to hunt for SE versions of stuff.

Part of the reason I never got FO4 was due to the complete disappointment that was Sky rim.

Some suggestions:

Engine Bug Fixes

Fix Container Disappear Bug (I'm not sure if it's needed with Engine Bug Fixes. They may fix different bugs.)

Water FPS Boost

Oblivion Character Overhaul (May or may not play nice with mods that add NPCs. Depends on the mod.)

Enhanced Hotkeys (Up to 40 hotkeys and 4 wheels.)

Quick Clothes and Spells (Can create sets of Clothing/Armor/Weapons that can be switched to instantly. Easy Exploring/Dungeoneering/Town sets for RP purposes. Also includes an infinite storage bag which you can ignore.)

Kyoma's Spell Renamer (Adds prefixes to all spells to sort them by school and level in your spellbook. Also allows renaming spells.)

Conduit Magic (Allows you to make enchantments that drain your Magicka instead of the weapon's internal charge.)

Enhanced Mercantile Progress (Changes Mercantile XP gain to be based on item value instead of a flat amount/transaction. XP gain is configurable.)

Custom Spell Icons (Allows you to assign icons to specific spells, making differentiating between Scripted spells much easier. Has support for Midas Magic, Supreme Magicka, LAME and RBP, whatever that is, by default.)

Supreme Magicka (Magic overhaul. Makes premade spells closer to the maximum effectiveness for their level. Adds several new spells like Mark/Recall, Teleport, Levitate, Rapidfire.)

Midas Magic (Adds a bunch of fun spells. Entering the Plane of Fire is bugged. There's a script fix available on the Internet. For details, Google, my recent thread contains the fix.)

Enchantment Mastery (Enchant Arrows, multiple Enchantments on one item, constant effects on Weapons.)

Mages Gloves Integrated or Jovs Mages Gloves (The only hand slot clothing in the game is the Wrist Irons you start the game with.) 

Kobus Character Advancement System (Has several alternate stat increase systems. Eliminates the need to strictly control what skills you use on which levels. Has 'Kobus Cure for Fatigue' as an optional plug-in, which changes 'Fatigue' for 'Stamina' since mechanic is backwards if it represents Fatigue.)

Universal Show Hide Amulet (If you have mods that add things like capes or backpacks in the Amulet slot, this will allow you to toggle the 'hide amulet' checkbox on armor/clothing so you can see them. You can also permanently make Amulets visible with a Bashed Patch tweak.)

Toggleable Crosshair

At Home Alchemy (No need to have Alchemy equipment in your inventory to use it. Can now activate freestanding Alchemy equipment to make potions/poisons.)

Update My Statue (If your Statue after closing the Great Gate at Bruma ends up with a weird combination of equipment, you can use this to change it.)

Ayleid Wells Revamped (Grants a permanent increase to Maximum Magicka with each well activated. Up to 200 more Maximum Magicka. If you're using Kobus Character Advancement, you do have to tell it how much bonus Magicka you have with 'Custom Birthsign' for it to calculate correctly.)

Landmarks with Wells (Adds a bunch of markers to your map, including Ayleid wells. Good for keeping track of which ones you've found.)

Bigger Investments (Increase Merchant gold by 2500 instead of 500. Doesn't seem to work properly for the Shivering Isles smiths, for some reason.)

Mages Guild Teleporter (There are a number of mods that allow teleporting between Mages Guild Halls. This one seems to be based on the one I used before I installed Universitas Arcanorum. Unfortunately, UA is hidden 'for update', with no indication of when that will be finished.)

Immersive Weapons (Adds a huge amount of weapons. Greatly increases variety.)

Local Guards Features (Makes town Guard armor more unique.)

RefScope (You may not want this active all the time, but it's extremely useful for diagnosing conflicts and bugs.)

NifSkope (Even if you don't intend to create mods, this is a valuable tool. In particular, if you have NPCs with missing/invisible equipment, or a mesh with a bright purple/pink appearance, this is often the result of a bad Mesh (.nif) file that can be corrected with NifSkope. Find the offending mesh with RefScope, then open it with NifSkope. Spells->Sanitize->Reorder Blocks.)

@PPP Thanks for the list. Heard of most but a few new ones.  Coduit Magic odd I've never tried it before. I would also recommend Oblivion-Character-Replace.   It's hard to believe they are still doing Unofficial patch updates.

Found my old Mod Organiser on of my external drives. With a bit of tweaking seems to work fine with the GOG version I have now.

I forgot how to play this game. Pressing space for jump, R for to sheath my weapon. Cannot make head of tails of the mods I have. Forget the fact that many of them had special hotkeys. I think I need to keep a good text file with all the necessary information on it from now on.

One more thing Oblivion Remastered 2020

Archived