MalloMan

Hi, I'm having some trouble getting body mods to work with in New Vegas. I'm trying to use the Bnb body, but no matter what I try I end up with a result identical to the picture bellow. I've been trying everything I can to fix this. I have tried installing via a fomod, I've tried installing manually by just placing the meshes and textures I want to use (they are the textures that came with Bnb) into the data folder, I've tried turning archive invalidation on and off again multiple times, my fallout ini file is not read only, I've changed bInvalidateOlderFiles=0 into bInvalidateOlderFiles=1 in the ini, I installed the compatibility skeleton (attempted both manually and by making a fomod). This is the only mod I have installed in my game apart from NVSE and the 4GB patcher. I've also tried the same with BOG body (while BNB was uninstalled), but I've gotten the same lack of success,

post-40646-0-28911200-1364600657.jpg

14 hours ago, failmuseum said:

Thanks for helping me, but I'm still having the issue after placing it into the data folder.

Mkay.  Delete the ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa I sent you and manually install this one into your Data folder.

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas  and find the Fallout_default doc.  Make a backup copy of it.  Open the original and scroll down to [Archive].  Make it look like this and then save and exit.

[Archive]
SInvalidationFile=
iRetainFilenameOffsetTable=1
iRetainFilenameStringTable=1
iRetainDirectoryStringTable=1
bCheckRuntimeCollisions=0
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
bUseArchives=1
SArchiveList=Fallout - AI!.bsa, Fallout - Misc.bsa, Fallout - Voices1.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa, Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Textures2.bsa, Fallout - Meshes.bsa

Now go to Documents\My Games\FalloutNV and find the Fallout doc.  Make a backup copy of it.  Open the original and scroll down to [Archive] and make it look like the block above, save and exit.

Do the same procedure with the FalloutPrefs doc; make a copy, edit the original, save, etc.  All of this 'jumping through flaming hoops' should fix the texture issue you're having.

I must have installed the mod incorrectly then, because I am still having issues even after all of the previous steps. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong though, since the meshes are present, it's just the textures that are missing (The same with BOG, and that fomod comes with the download). Thanks for your help. Should I do a clean reinstall of New Vegas?

2 hours ago, failmuseum said:

I must have installed the mod incorrectly then, because I am still having issues even after all of the previous steps. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong though, since the meshes are present, it's just the textures that are missing (The same with BOG, and that fomod comes with the download). Thanks for your help. Should I do a clean reinstall of New Vegas?

Okay.  Were're gonna knock this in the head and make it work.  These are my personal textures for humans, ghouls and raiders.

They might not be what you want but at this point we're just trying to get female body mods working.  Unzip the file and MANUALLY install the 'textures' folder into your Data folder.  C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data

DO NOT use any kind of mod manager.  If they work you can replace them with whatever you want.  If this doesn't work I'm out of ideas and you're on your own.

EDIT: Let me know when you have the files so I can delete the upload and get it off of Ashal's servers.

The textures didn't work for me :( Thanks for trying to help anyway, I really appreciate it. I've gotten it to work on this computer in the past, but I'm struggling this time. I'll try a completely fresh reinstall of New Vegas then, including a new folder in documents.

I did get the files so you can remove the upload.

EDIT: There is one thing I forgot to mention that might narrow down the issue. The BNB armor replacer's textures worked (the armor and clothing themselves, not the skin), the only issue I'm having is with the skin texture. I'm not sure if that helps, but it might be worth mentioning.

Pretty sure the issue is you used a mod manager for something as basic as a mesh and texture replacer.  Whatever the case, the game is not recognizing your texture folder.  Best of luck.

EDIT: In your shoes I'd uninstall the female body mods you're using.  Then go in game to be sure the vanilla meshes and textures are working and then find a body mod you like and MANUALLY install it.

After the complete reinstall and manually installing the body mod, it's working now :) I must have screwed with one of the .ini files or something that was causing the issue, because I've tried reinstalling the game without removing the documents folder and it wasn't working, but now it is. Thank you so much for your help.

Archived