Posting Images.. 2020..

(I've written this here because it said <Talk about anything related to the 'community'>.. let me know if I've got a mistake.)

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/13436-posting-pictures/

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/57570-posting-pictures-here-how-do-i-make-them-show/

So I've learned that I have to use image uploader sites to post images in LL.

I used to use Imgur, but it looks like I cannot bring images here from Imgur. (And also, someone said Imgur is not free on adult contents..)

Is there any recommendation for image uploader sites or..

...... what site do you recommend in 2020?

imgur work fine, all you have to do is remove the extra "i." in the URL. For example change

For this example I choose to show the link as text, if you just post the second link it should show the image.

You can also attach the image as a file to your repply. To keep a good filesize/quality ratio I think png is the best format.

you can also upload pictures from your PC, this works via "drag and drop".
but only own pictures, this function does not apply to pictures of other websites or other people!
this would mean a copyright infringement! :classic_wink:

edit: to the second post: both links work, but surely only for a short time, then there is a blocking from Imgur.
but not only Imgur handling the so, many websites block images!
it's up to the terms and conditions!

The thing with Imgur is it blacklisted requests from LL, so embedding a pic here and trying to load it while you are still in LL gives an error; AFAIK the makeshift workaround of removing the "i." from the URL causes your request to not come from LL (since you are now trying to load it from "i.imgur.com" instead) and that's why it helps.

There should be a tutorial out there somewhere on how to set up the Referer Control browser plugin so it prevents Imgur from detecting which site you are trying to load the image from and thus will make Imgur pics work in LL again.

I cannot directly upload images from my PC..

Because I'm still new member, maybe.

I'll try uploading from PC later.

Then I think I should look for the 'referer control.'

Thank you!

PS: Recommending another uploader site is still open to me. Please tell me! ^ -^ 

39 minutes ago, Younhee said:

PS: Recommending another uploader site is still open to me. Please tell me! ^ -^ 

If you have a Discord account (or don't mind creating one), you can create a server just for yourself and upload the images to a channel there. Then you can just copy the link and paste it here and the image should load automatically. It's 100% free and stable, you wouldn't be taking up LL's server space and since the single file upload limit for non-Nitro (aka free) accounts is 8 MB, you can upload lossless PNG files without having to worry about file size.

9 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

If you have a Discord account (or don't mind creating one), you can create a server just for yourself and upload the images to a channel there. Then you can just copy the link and paste it here and the image should load automatically. It's 100% free and stable, you wouldn't be taking up LL's server space and since the single file upload limit for non-Nitro (aka free) accounts is 8 MB, you can upload lossless PNG files without having to worry about file size.

I think it seems like I can use chatting server as a image storage. I often do similar things several times via steam chat.

One thing that I've worried about is the adult content privacy..

Sometimes it feels to me like the company(in this case, chat server/steam/discord/...) is watching even if the channel cannot be accessible except me.

I know it's just paranoia.

I just.. sorry. (......)

5 hours ago, Younhee said:

No.

NO!

NOOOOOOOO!!!

.. @<-<

but surely, everywhere will spied! 
every website operator examines what happens on its side.
there are enough criminal elements which is a gullible website could abuse!
even Microsoft spies and that on a grand scale. :classic_wink:

• 10 months later...

This works great and is quite convenient. Definitely my recommended alternative of the ones listed!