IGNORED

Is my character supposed to get bigger when equipping shoes or is a mod causing that?

I suppose my eyes might just be messing with me, but when I equip footgear it looks like my character gets bigger.

Not just taller, proportionally bigger.

Like just getting an inch taller or so would make sense, just the height of the bottom of the shoe.

But it looks like I get bigger in full.

Are my eyes messing with me, is that supposed to happen, or is a mod messing with my character size via shoes somehow?

3 minutes ago, The Song said:

I suppose my eyes might just be messing with me, but when I equip footgear it looks like my character gets bigger.

Like just getting an inch taller or so would make sense, just the height of the bottom of the shoe.

Are my eyes messing with me, is that supposed to happen, or is a mod messing with my character size via shoes somehow?

Have you built the outfit with bodyslide?

25 minutes ago, The Song said:

pics ???

maybe worng /no bodyslide build  - body - from mod

26 minutes ago, Adeladen said:

Have you built the outfit with bodyslide?

7 minutes ago, regain said:

pics ???

maybe worng /no bodyslide build  - body - from mod

As far as I can tell bodysliding armor only matters for npcs, because when you equip something it auto-configures to your body.
That certainly seemed to be the case on the female character I had up earlier.
But at any rate last I checked all that bodyslide stuff we can do is only for the female version of outfits, and I noticed this on a male character.

44 minutes ago, The Song said:

As far as I can tell bodysliding armor only matters for npcs, because when you equip something it auto-configures to your body.
That certainly seemed to be the case on the female character I had up earlier.

Misconception that we've seen a few times here recently.

Bodyslide does not auto anything. You are meant to create the body you want (and save the preset, if you customise it with the sliders instead of using a set pre-set) this will replace the meshes in Data\Meshes\actors\character\character assets (either literally or with a "virtual" file system depending on your mod manager) and be used by all vanilla character races and NPC's.
You then create any bodyslide armour using the same preset so that now both naked and armoured bodies match in size and shape.

44 minutes ago, The Song said:

But at any rate last I checked all that bodyslide stuff we can do is only for the female version of outfits, and I noticed this on a male character.

Do you have a male body replacer? Like Schlongs of Skyrim or SAM's?
That is the only reason I can think equipping armour would change your body size but I have no idea why equipping boots would have affect it at all since it's almost always the chest slot(32) that contains the body mesh.

Load Order/Mod List and screen shots are needed.

1 hour ago, Mez558 said:

Misconception that we've seen a few times here recently.

Bodyslide does not auto anything. ---

Do you have a male body replacer? Like Schlongs of Skyrim or SAM's?
That is the only reason I can think equipping armour would change your body size but I have no idea why equipping boots would have affect it at all since it's almost always the chest slot(32) that contains the body mesh.

Load Order/Mod List and screen shots are needed.

I didn't mean bodyslide auto configures.
I mean that as part of the vanilla, unmodded game mechanics, armor you equip shapes to fit your body.
Based on the fact I can set the character creation sliders to crazy and armor still goes around my messed up body shape instead of me and the armor clipping through each other, I'm fairly certain that's true.

Making the bodyslide setup of armor only matter on npcs.

Pics taken next to conveniently line-having wall.
I can see both that me had gets higher up and my shoulder extends farther past that main crack, so at least now I know my eyes aren't crazy.
I've got 147 mods active (mostly animation packs) but the mod manager doesn't seem to have a way for me to copy the list (yes I tried all the obvious things).

The Elder Scrolls V  Skyrim Special Edition Screenshot 2020.02.12 - 06.14.44.91.png

The Elder Scrolls V  Skyrim Special Edition Screenshot 2020.02.12 - 06.14.31.92.png

10 minutes ago, The Song said:

I mean that as part of the vanilla, unmodded game mechanics, armor you equip shapes to fit your body.

Nope. But there are different models for female and male outfits. Unless you explicitly look for bodyslide stuff for males, BS will only manage female models.

That screenshot seems like high heels or a mod to change feet for a more beast-like look. Is that a tail? 

2 minutes ago, The Song said:

Based on the fact I can set the character creation sliders to crazy and armor still goes around my messed up body shape instead of me and the armor clipping through each other, I'm fairly certain that's true.

Making the bodyslide setup of armor only matter on npcs.

Unless Body Slide for SE works entirely differently to the original (which I doubt) then no. When you equip armour your character uses the body shape that comes as part of that armour. It doesn't put the armour over your body, it replaces the body completely with whatever shape one it has. If it matches your characters then they will look the same.
If you have NPC's with body parts clipping through their armour I can't tell you what you've done wrong there.

9 minutes ago, The Song said:

The Elder Scrolls V  Skyrim Special Edition Screenshot 2020.02.12 - 06.14.31.92.png

First.. Look at your character's feet. WTF is going on there?

Second, try this again but with your character naked to start. It looks like the boots have heels, what armour set is this?

Are their feet fucked up naked?

Equip the chest piece only, do they change in size? Are the feet now fucked up.

Remove the chest piece and equip the boots, does the size change happen equipping ONLY the boots?

If you can't export a load order with your Mod Manager then I guess it is Vortex, install LOOT, this should let you copy it to clipboard and paste it here or into a text file.

As it goes I have a feeling that somehow that armour set is increasing your characters scale, maybe as some sort of work around instead of HDT Heels.

Hopefully all the console commands are still the same in SE. When naked open console, target your character and enter getscale then put all this armour back on and do it again, are the results different?

9 minutes ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

That screenshot seems like high heels or a mod to change feet for a more beast-like look. Is that a tail? 

I didn't spot the tail. This is a custom race with an entirely different mesh.

That would have been a helpful detail.

I'm out, all yours if you want to carry on with this, dkdcda.

29 minutes ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

Nope. But there are different models for female and male outfits. Unless you explicitly look for bodyslide stuff for males, BS will only manage female models.

21 minutes ago, Mez558 said:

Unless Body Slide for SE works entirely differently to the original (which I doubt) then no. When you equip armour your character uses the body shape that comes as part of that armour. It doesn't put the armour over your body, it replaces the body completely with whatever shape one it has. If it matches your characters then they will look the same.
If you have NPC's with body parts clipping through their armour I can't tell you what you've done wrong there.

Really peeps, go start a new game, just mess up the sliders to ridiculous proportions, and you'll find that armor still fits you.
Heck, I'll use the show racemenu console command to show you real quick.
Messed up my sliders, re-equipped my armor, and it fits.
Different parts of it clip through each other because I set my body to clip through itself, but the armor and my body match without clipping.

It seems like a very basic feature to include in the vanilla game, really.
Allowing your character to look different than random npcs, and maintain that distinction with whatever gear you put on.

Anyhow shoes are the only armor piece that effects anything, nothing changes when removing or equpping chests, helmets, or gloves.
1844700080_TheElderScrollsVSkyrimSpecialEditionScreenshot2020_02.12-06_56_05_09.png.ad590b61049d214dab796cd3cd7f8d5b.png

Here is a Nude Body created in BodySlide using the Seraphim preset that I will apply to a custom race.

image.png.016ac3137c072d997d996dbd64a266a2.png

Here is the skimpiest outfit I can find in my game created using the UNPetite preset.

image.png.5e5b2fbc58a5132c353b997bd46a0c23.png

So here is the character in game, naked at 100 weight all UUNP sliders at 0

image.png.b5c1f6de3abdc94646c3a22f6e6343f4.png

And here she with the chest piece equipped

image.png.e98bd00343b0731dd9607194bd9898d4.png

*GASP* What has happened? How has she lost weight?
Where did her hips go? Could it be that the armour uses the body preset that I made it with?

You work it out.

51 minutes ago, Mez558 said:

Racemenu is NOT Bodyslide.

And I repeat myself.

When you equip armor in game, it shapes itself to match your body.
As proven by my screenshot.
As proven by every character I've ever made that didn't have the same body as the npcs but still looked different from them when I equipped the same gear as said npcs.
A occurrence that I remember seeing happen *before* I installed *any* mods.
This has nothing to do with bodyslide. Your bodyslide body is only for npcs, not your character.
This has nothing to do with racemenu.
It's just a feature of the game itself.

3 minutes ago, The Song said:

And I repeat myself.

Yes you do that, you're still wrong.

1 hour ago, The Song said:

I'll use the show racemenu console command to show you real quick.
Messed up my sliders, re-equipped my armor, and it fits.

Nothing to do with Racemenu? Then why I are you talking about adjusting sliders in Racemenu?

You seem to be confusing changes that can be made using the body shape sliders Racemenu with presets in bodyslide. Racemenu only affects the PC (unless you have Manipulator installed)

You create the the body and armour "shapes" in Body Slide, not in Skyrim.

And your screen shot proves nothing, except your character seems to have deformed legs, and you thought a screen shot at night was a good idea.

14 minutes ago, Mez558 said:

You create the the body and armour "shapes" in Body Slide, not in Skyrim.

Geez dude, I'm not talking about anything created.
Not bodyslide customizations, just something the game does on it's own.
Vanilla. With no mods.

When the PC equips armor, the vanilla game reshapes the armor to match the PCs body, allowing the PC to look different from npcs.
It's honestly one of the most basic features that can be added to an rpg that has character customization.

Go make a character that has a maxed slider, bust size or whatever it doesn't matter, then have them put on a piece of armor that you have not used bodyslide to give that appearance too, and you'll see it has that appearance anyway, because your body does.

8 minutes ago, The Song said:

Geez dude, I'm not talking about anything created.
Vanilla. With no mods.

Oh FFS

4 hours ago, The Song said:

I was talking about Bodyslide and because of the above comment, it looked like you were too.

Yes, you are right the Vanilla body and Vanilla armour are the same preset, they will look the same and any changes to your character with that body in game will/should reflect on both armour and body. This is not Bodyslide and we are argueing about two different things.

Back to your issue, I know I said I would leave it but since we just argued about two different things I may as well

You have a custom race, what is it? And what armour are you wearing?

Looking that mod page, there are so many optional files to go with that race that we'd really need a Load order

It looks like the race uses the default body but clearly has different mesh for feet. The digitigrade feet option has a custom skeleton.

You should be able to change your race in game (it'll probably fuck up your skills so don't save the game after you've done it) change it to Nord. Do you still have the same issue?

1 hour ago, The Song said:

Vanilla. With no mods.

Sure. No mods. Vanilla. Ok.

You're using some feet replacer from that shark race. Read the mod description and check which files would need to be replaced/removed to get vanilla feet.

31 minutes ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

Sure. No mods. Vanilla. Ok.

You're using some feet replacer from that shark race. Read the mod description and check which files would need to be replaced/removed to get vanilla feet.

We weren't even talking about that, dude.

21 minutes ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

No, you're right. I don't even know what's going on in that screenshot. I hope you can solve your issue by checking the mod description and getting the proper files.

That screenshot was me intentionally making my character look weird to illustrate how something works.
It has nothing to do with any mods.
Seriously mate, if you're going to join a conversation, you need to read and understand it first.

I was talking about your first screenshot barely showing the back of your character. You could save a lot of time by posting your loadorder, mentioning you're using a custom race or just reading the description of the mods you're using.

Seriously mate, if you're going to come here asking for help you should try to make it as easy as possible and not turning this into a guessing game.

ps: the "how something works" is you messing with racemenu sliders and saying "it has nothing to do with any mods". It is a mod. If not, I'll be waiting for a screenshot of you doing the same with no mods at all.