SexoutSewerSlave

Reposting, not sure if anyone got a gander at it or who I should forward the information to.

Error in script 0e08bd7a

Attempting to call a function on a NULL reference or base object
    File: Sexout.esm Offset: 0x00B8 Command: Let

fnSAL: 00000007 (Courier) final lock state: 0 0

fnSAR: Setting EVFO 'Sexout:Start::actora' on '00000007' = 00000000

fnSAR: Setting EVFO 'Sexout:Start::actorb' on '00000007' = 00000007

fnSAR: Setting EVFO 'Sexout:Start::actorx' on '00000007' = 000F889D

fnSAR: Setting EVFO 'Sexout:Start::CBDialogX' on '00000007' = 470010B7

fnSAR: Setting EVFO 'Sexout:Start::raper' on '00000007' = 00000000

fnCSE (2): from <no name> (00000000) on Dermot (000F889C)

fnCSE (2): is actor

fnCSE (2): CV2

fnSoCSv: Dermot (000F889C) 'Sexout:Start::' -> Dermot (000F889C) 'Sexout:Start:2::'

fnSoNXClr Sexout:Start:: Dermot (000F889C)

fnCSE (2): Returning 1

fnSoNXClr Sexout:Start:2::actorB Dermot (000F889C)

fnSoNXClr Sexout:Start:2::actorC Dermot (000F889C)

fnSoNXClr Sexout:Start:2::actorB Dermot (000F889C)

NGSAN (2): Aborting due to 2.0

NGSAN (2): A is <no name> (00000000)

NGSAN (2): B is <no name> (00000000)

NGSAN (2): C is <no name> (00000000)

qqq

Bye.

Go ahead and toss that debug log in a spoiler and take it out of the previous post; I never saw it because I didn't know you edited and I just watch my Followed Content list. :P

Is SewerSlave at mod index 47? If not, what mod is? If it is at 47, then we'll need to talk to Prideslayer because we're dealing with stuff I don't understand, but I'll need to include my script along with your log so let me know the answer to that question first and we'll go from there.

For what it's worth, 000F889D is definitely Saint James.

This may be an old SS problem. If Saint James didn't follow and/or the extra NPCs weren't placed in the room where the rape scenes should run, things will break.

So, as I already asked based on the screenshot: is Dermot the only NPC there? If so, SS hasn't fully fired up for some reason and that would be the root of the problem.

That log looks... really quite boned. I see the player trying to have sex with itself... Dermot trying to have sex with himself... in addition to what's already mentioned about the screenshot.

This is more than sewerslave just not loading completely, it looks like some other mod has possibly modified those NPCs, or the sewer environment itself, and caused things to break. Hell in the screenshot, that looks like St. James and not Dermot. Dermot wears overalls and a hat.

In the interests of prompt feedback, I had the same problem - Dermot did nothing after "We will get along fine" and the console showed those "NGSAN" lines at the end - and your version above fixed it :)

EDIT : AArgh spoke too soon. Got one round of self abuse from Dermot, and then the same problem (St James says 'my turn', then nothing)

Does that mean the sexout UDFs, or the Sewerslave UDFs?

The sexout ones work, but I did run into some...... issues in the dialog result / quest result scripts. I documented my heartbreak and the senseless reason behind it in the scripting 101 thread pretty recently, conclusion (page 109) is I need to do some more clever crap in sexout and introduce a SECOND UDF calling convention.

One that takes all the arguments up front as a stringmap like this:

call fnSexoutActFullRun ar_map("actorA"::GetSelf, "actorB"::PlayerREF, ...)
That's the only thing that's going to work reliably if you need to use getself

------ however -------

It's been a while since I worked on sewerslave, but I think when I did last work on it, there was no need for "getself" during any of the intro scene. All the refs were hard-coded, which works just fine with the UDF interface to sexout.

The Sexout UDFs. I'm just used to running GetSelf in dialogue results so I did everything that way. All the opening stuff can drop GetSelf because they're predictable NPCs, but the sex-for-stuff topics later on will need GetSelf in some capacity. Probably setting a ref variable to GetSelf and then passing that variable to Sexout instead.

Unfortunately don't have time to switch most things over tonight, so I've just updated the first encounter as a test. If it works, then the integer way of calling GetSelf works, and I'll work on getting everything else working sometime tomorrow. If it doesn't work, it's probably because I'm an idiot and broke something else. Anyone testing this will need Sexout beta 2.8.90Beta3!!!

File removed.

Edited by zippy57

Ah! Someone just didn't read instructions.. probably because someone else didn't write them clearly enough. In the first act (and others, similarly) change this:

SetStage SexoutSS 30
SaintJamesRef.addscriptpackage SexoutSSFollowPlayer
SexoutSSNPCAmbush1REF.addscriptpackage SexoutSSFollowPlayer
SexoutSSNPCAmbush2REF.addscriptpackage SexoutSSFollowPlayer
call fnSexoutActPrep
call fnSexoutActSetInt "actora" 0
call fnSexoutActSetRef "actorb" Player
call fnSexoutActSetRef "raper" DermotRef
if SaintJamesRef.GetDead == 0
  call fnSexoutActSetRef "actorx" SaintJamesRef
  call fnSexoutActSetRef "CBDialogX" SexoutSSNewTurn
elseif SexoutSSNPCAmbush1REF.GetDead == 0
  call fnSexoutActSetRef "actorx" SexoutSSNPCAmbush1REF
elseif SexoutSSNPCAmbush2REF.GetDead == 0
  call fnSexoutActSetRef "actorx" SexoutSSNPCAmbush2REF
else
  SetStage SexoutSS 31
  call fnSexoutActSetRef "CBDialogA" SexoutSSNewTurn
endif
call fnSexoutActRun
To this:

SetStage SexoutSS 30
SaintJamesRef.addscriptpackage SexoutSSFollowPlayer
SexoutSSNPCAmbush1REF.addscriptpackage SexoutSSFollowPlayer
SexoutSSNPCAmbush2REF.addscriptpackage SexoutSSFollowPlayer
if SaintJamesRef.GetDead == 0
  call fnSexoutActRunFull ar_map "actora"::0 "actorb"::playerref "raper"::dermotref "actorx"::saintjamesref "cbdialogx"::sexoutssnewturn
elseif SexoutSSNPCAmbush1REF.GetDead == 0
  call fnSexoutActRunFull ar_map "actora"::0 "actorb"::playerref "raper"::dermotref "actorx"::SexoutSSNPCAmbush1REF "cbdialogx"::sexoutssnewturn
elseif SexoutSSNPCAmbush2REF.GetDead == 0
  call fnSexoutActRunFull ar_map "actora"::0 "actorb"::playerref "raper"::dermotref "actorx"::SexoutSSNPCAmbush2REF "cbdialogx"::sexoutssnewturn
else
  SetStage SexoutSS 31
  call fnSexoutActRunFull ar_map "actora"::0 "actorb"::playerref "raper"::dermotref "cbdialoga"::sexoutssnewturn
endif
I'm testing now to make sure that works.

No problem.

To make it easier to read you can also setup an array in the quest and use that. Make sure that arActParams is declared in the SS quest, then in dialog scripts or anywhere else:

; This repeated ar_construct might lead to a memory leak?  If so you'll want to write a UDF that just iterates
  ; through the array unsetting everything and call that here first.

let quest.arActParams := ar_construct stringmap
  let quest.arActParams["actora"] = someRef
  ; ... other lets here, then finally
  call fnSexoutActRunFull quest.arActParams
I *think* that will work in a dialog script, but it might not. The call to the UDF might not work with a quest-qualified array like that. Honestly there are so many odd little situations like that, that are unpredictable, the only way to know for sure is to just try it and see.

That log looks... really quite boned. I see the player trying to have sex with itself... Dermot trying to have sex with himself... in addition to what's already mentioned about the screenshot.

This is more than sewerslave just not loading completely, it looks like some other mod has possibly modified those NPCs, or the sewer environment itself, and caused things to break. Hell in the screenshot, that looks like St. James and not Dermot. Dermot wears overalls and a hat.

Sexout soliciting & breeder are also having issues. 

At this point, I think it's going to be more efficient for me to just start a new install with clean saves. 

I appreciate everyone's support though!  :)

I can't say anything about those two, but this issue should be fixed when zippy gets around to working on it. I tested the script snipped I provided and it worked fine, going through the whole intro as expected. It's just the dialog sex he has to deal with I think, and last time I messed with it, there weren't a lot of those since everyone except the main NPCs shared the same generic topics.

I can't say anything about those two, but this issue should be fixed when zippy gets around to working on it. I tested the script snipped I provided and it worked fine, going through the whole intro as expected. It's just the dialog sex he has to deal with I think, and last time I messed with it, there weren't a lot of those since everyone except the main NPCs shared the same generic topics.

Would the fact that I have fallout installed on a separate internal drive have an effect on how things are running?  

I've got a few different SSD's that I place my Bethesda games and Battlefield on and stuff.