Can't get Wrye Bash to work

I'm experimenting with using the CK to change follower NPCs appearances using a guide, but when it came to changing to hair, the guide says to use Wrye Bash to convert the .esp for the hair mod to an .esm, however after installing Wrye Bash and clicking the launcher, nothing happens. 

In Task Manager, I see the process start for a second, and then just disappear and nothing else happens. 

I don't know if there's any other way to convert the esp to esm, if so I'd be grateful to know, but otherwise I just want to know what i'm doing wrong with Wrye Bash.

1 minute ago, DeliveryGod said:

I'm experimenting with using the CK to change follower NPCs appearances using a guide, but when it came to changing to hair, the guide says to use Wrye Bash to convert the .esp for the hair mod to an .esm, however after installing Wrye Bash and clicking the launcher, nothing happens. 

In Task Manager, I see the process start for a second, and then just disappear and nothing else happens. 

I don't know if there's any other way to convert the esp to esm, if so I'd be grateful to know, but otherwise I just want to know what i'm doing wrong with Wrye Bash.

Do you have the correct version of Python installed?

43 minutes ago, DeliveryGod said:

I know this sounds lame, but have you tried restarting your PC then try running it again. 

When you run Wrye, does the process actually appear in task manager?

55 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

Do you have the correct version of Python installed?

It's entirely possible I don't, but I installed 2.7.17 which was at the recommendation of a user on the Nexus page for Wrye.

Either I'm not installing it right, or it's not helping, because I still can't get Wrye Bash to open.

14 minutes ago, RohZima said:

I know this sounds lame, but have you tried restarting your PC then try running it again. 

When you run Wrye, does the process actually appear in task manager?

Restarting didn't fix it.

And I'm positive, looking under the Background Processes section of Task Manager, when I click the exe for Wrye Bash, I see it for a second, and then it disappears and nothing was opened. 

9 minutes ago, DeliveryGod said:

Restarting didn't fix it.

And I'm positive, looking under the Background Processes section of Task Manager, when I click the exe for Wrye Bash, I see it for a second, and then it disappears and nothing was opened. 

Okay, what mod manager are you using?

Has Wrye Bash ever worked for you, or is this the first time you're using it?

EDIT: Where is your Skyrim installed?  Is it under Program Files (x86) or something similar?

23 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

Okay, what mod manager are you using?

Has Wrye Bash ever worked for you, or is this the first time you're using it?

EDIT: Where is your Skyrim installed?  Is it under Program Files (x86) or something similar?

I use NMM, and this is the first time I've tried using Wrye Bash.

Skyrim is installed on an SSD that's seperate from the Windows installation.

16 minutes ago, DeliveryGod said:

I use NMM, and this is the first time I've tried using Wrye Bash.

Skyrim is installed on an SSD that's seperate from the Windows installation.

Okay, have you tried running it as an Administrator?  (I'm running out of ideas, sorry.)

Also maybe try reinstalling it?  I've had NMM mess up the downloads at times (was long ago though and I've been reassured that never happens anymore.)

Archived