Problems with downloads

Just tried with a test account to do a couple of download with firefox. All went well.

Try to clean up the cookies, and to disable AdBlocking.

Cleared cookies, disabled noscript and uBlock, and restarted Firefox.

Attempted to download the first file I could find and got the same error.

Mh. My test went just fine with a temporary user I created on the fly.

I tried to download the first two mods in the Skyrim Download section (non adult)

Just tried with a test account to do a couple of download with firefox. All went well.

Try to clean up the cookies, and to disable AdBlocking.

Cleared cookies, disabled noscript and uBlock, and restarted Firefox.

Attempted to download the first file I could find and got the same error.

Mh. My test went just fine with a temporary user I created on the fly.

I tried to download the first two mods in the Skyrim Download section (non adult)

Just for shits and giggles I repeated the whole process again and its working now. Have no idea what changed but I'm not surprised FF been screwy since I had to reset my user profile for another site.

Thanks for the help sorry for the bother.

downloads are not working after clicking on any file countdown starts but then results in an error "oops something went wrong"

What are the browser and the operating system?

Did you try to clean up cookies?

Are you using AdBloks?

downloads are not working after clicking on any file countdown starts but then results in an error "oops something went wrong"

What are the browser and the operating system?

Did you try to clean up cookies?

Are you using AdBloks?

Im using chrome on win10 64bit build 15063.608 and loverslab is whitelisted on adblock. will see if deleting cookies will help.

post-98324-0-58344900-1506601674_thumb.jpg

Edit: yeah deleting the cookies worked. thanks CPU.

• 2 weeks later...

For the 1st time I'm having a problem when trying to download something, I'm trying to download this file but i can't for whatever reason, I click on the download button, wait for the 10 seconds but nothing happens, any idea of what could be happening ?!?

P.S.: FF AdBlock is disabled.

You'll not freakin' believe it, my FF is set to auto-update and I don't know why it didn't updated to the latest version (56.0), it was on the previous version 55 something, I just updated the damn thing and voilá, it worked, file downloaded.

This has been going on for over a week on my end now. I keep getting this following msg.

You must wait 10 seconds before you can download this file. Once 10 seconds have passed, please refresh this page.
I switched to Brave & it works like a charm!
I think it's a bit funny I have to use Brave for Loverslab, heh...
I just saw EdinMG post, maybe I should manually update Firefox, in case it solves my problem.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/25/2017 at 1:06 AM, Blackshirt83 said:

Why do some files that are known legitimate files to download continually downloading as a solitare game?

Because you need to install 7zip or similar and tell windows to use it.  Win10/IE/Edge are programmed to do this until and unless you do install a program that identifies them as something other than a solitare file.  

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe anyone has a solution.

If I want to download any files it only downloads with ~20kbit/s. No Donwload in Background, I've deleted cookies, deactiveted AdBlock, tried Chrome, Firefox and Edge and tried diffrent Harddrives. But the download is always slow as hell. Other downloads for exampel Steam are downloading with 2-3 Mbit/s

2 hours ago, TheTreeman said:

Maybe anyone has a solution.

If I want to download any files it only downloads with ~20kbit/s. No Donwload in Background, I've deleted cookies, deactiveted AdBlock, tried Chrome, Firefox and Edge and tried diffrent Harddrives. But the download is always slow as hell. Other downloads for exampel Steam are downloading with 2-3 Mbit/s

Without you providing details about your equipment, OS and connection, we can't help you.

• 1 month later...

It's wired for me I downloaded from this site before but now it's giving me problems I haven't change internet settings didn't change download settings I turn off firewall but now when I try and download anything Sims 4 related I get failed network error every time even if it's a small file now I can go to TSR and MTS and download files from there even same file size files work fine but here nothing I'm starting to think I'm banned from downloading on here it's the only thing I can think of as to why I can't again I can go to any other mod site and download just fine I tried different accounts different web browsers tried on my desktop laptop n tablet to download from here but all give me the same thing failed network error on my tablet n laptop I went to other mod sites and tried a few downloads they work 

Clear your cache, update your browser, delete your cookies, as I and others have stated to do over and over.  If all that fails, list out your connection type and equipment.

As to banned from downloading......there is no such thing.  If you can get on the site, then you are not banned.

i'm getting this too it happens a lot on basementals drug mod it will say failed network error or when it does download i can't extract it the file is corrupt. also the site is very slow lately max download speeds i'm getting are 25 KB/s

tried 2 different browsers. i haven't been able to download it all day.

On 1/30/2018 at 9:46 PM, BuckWatson02 said:

But as I said I had downloaded from here before but now I can't I usly download from my tablet 

Also did the wickedwhims updated made it so you have to download each add ones separate now? I remember downloading it putting it in my game n it came with all the sex add ons 

Dude, we can't help you if you don't provide details on equipment, connection type and all that jazz.  

Second, don't has questions here about how mods function.  Ask in the support thread for that mod.

15 hours ago, -X- said:

i'm getting this too it happens a lot on basementals drug mod it will say failed network error or when it does download i can't extract it the file is corrupt. also the site is very slow lately max download speeds i'm getting are 25 KB/s

tried 2 different browsers. i haven't been able to download it all day.

And?  Again, we can't help without info.  Read the last 5 pages of this thread and provide the info we ask for over, and over, and over, and we might be able to help you.  Without it, we can't.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm using:

1.Google Chrome

2.Ethernet (95mbps download, 20mbps upload)

I do not use Adblock or anything like it. 

My download speed goes down to 200kbps then fails. This never happens on other websites but here. Even loading this website is slow (it feels like I'm on a website filled with heavy images.) I've tried Firefox and internet explorer but keep getting the same result. I've seen many great files here but now I'm keep getting this network error message whenever I try to download them :cry:

I came to ask something related to downloading but first off, yes, the site is slow at times,

and no it isn't you.

If it helps, speedtest says I'm 110/10.

Anyway if you're still reading this, I wanted to *STOP* a particular loverslab web-page from slowly loading images.

At first I thought they might be incredibly-high resolution, and I did not want to piss off my ISP, so I frantically

looked for the little 'x'.

I have since learned it's 'esc' but 'esc' does not seem to work here.

Unplugging my modem seemed drastic.

Clearing my cache got me booted (and my brain-memory doesn't exist, and who would want my piddly account?)

I only wanted to stop one page loading, and all these other issues surfaced, didn't mean to burden you.

In MSIE-11, how do you stop (really stop) slow webpages loading?

edit:

submitting this very post made the screen go all white for around two seconds.

I've come to expect that,

if it's a popular workday time, and I chalk it up to congestion.

I've been meaning to mention it to someone somewhere here (because so far it only happens here),

But I'm afraid of greg.

A n y w a y,

Thanks in advance

I'm not entirely sure but it feels like there's curfew in this website. I can download files here without any problem in daytime but the speed slowly decreases as the sun goes down eventually unable to download any content. I think someone already mentioned about this ''curfew'' thing but I agree.

There is no need to be afraid of me....jeez.  All am trying to do is help by pushing folks to provide the info that we need to help.  

Can the site slow down at times of heavy use, sure it absolutely and likely does.  Would that be true in the evening...maybe.  It would depend on where you are in the world.

Keep in mind, this site is based in the US, but we have members from all over the world.  Troubleshooting if it is LL, your country, your ISP, your modem, your browser or whatever, is pretty much a shot in the dark.

What we know: cell phones/cell connections have problems downloading, and satellite (especially Hughesnet) doesn't work worth a crap with this site. 

Most other issues are browser, cache or ISP related.  Not using IE/Edge and clearing your browser cache typically fix things.

Also, keep in mind, many ISP's do throttle you at peak internet usage times.  

I live in the US and to be quite frank, I never have connection problems with the site, unless the site is truly offline.  I use Chrome for a browser.  

Hope that helps.