The Lovers Lab army continues to grow strong!

Seems that LL is getting widely popular.

Yup. I just hope that it isn't being populated by underaged horny teens or nexus spies :D

it was happen i am underage horny teen who work for nexus as a spy

Wait, is this... a confession?!?!

OMG BRACE URSELVS DA BAHNHAMMA IZ EENBOWND!!!!

Just wanted to say that even thoe I'm pretty new here, IMHO, I think you people are the greatest on the web! with modders and people of this quality how can you not get bigger and better? Thanks to all of you who have made this site special....particularly the modders, I mean damn just look what cherry has done with her instruction post... how many modders in a community have you seen take the time to do all that? and for Oblivion, every one was more than helpful and still are. just saying thanx for having me and keep up the awesome fn job.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It never ceases to amaze me how we continue to grow so exponentially. In about 15 months (that's how long loverslab has been up) we've reached 50,000 members. That's around 111 new members EVERYDAY! (15 x 30 = 450 ; 50,000/450 = 111.111111)! That's crazy! (not to mention all the guests that lurk the forums)

Congratulations!

Guest Donkey
Lovers Lab army continues to grow strong!
And so does the spammers.. I think the best method to combat this is to prevent people who just regestred to be able to use the link in the posts, till after they made like 50 to 100 normal posts.

spammers will never say hello. But just make 1 post and adds and all crap in it..

Guest Donkey

Not really. But if you don't do anything the spamm will continue like normal. Besides getting involved within the community takes little effort. And you will get to that post count pretty quick. It may look like punishments. But really it isn't.

In the mean time will make people more active.

Not really. But if you don't do anything the spamm will continue like normal. Besides getting involved within the community takes little effort. And you will get to that post count pretty quick. It may look like punishments. But really it isn't.

In the mean time will make people more active.

Is this actually a problem? I haven't really seen any spam posts, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. Forcing people to post will just result in crummy/nonsnese posts until they reach the threshold, if they want to post a link right away. Chase is also right anyway it won't stop spam, just clickable links in spam.

Stopping spam is about 90% quality captcha/turing test like "which one of these pictures is a dog" during signup, and 10% moderator/administrator effort chasing them down and banning them.

I've been to forums where they block using links. I've never stayed. Why would I sit around and force myself jack up my post count to share something? Tons of contributors only post their works and tech support for said works. Forcing them to increase their post count to do so is a major turn off.

However, they were also full of links that bypassed the ability to link, along with filters. Many of which were spammers and bots. Disabling (and filtering) links doesn't do anything. Hell, I moderate a massive forum where the staff spends half of their time deleting spam topics, despite filtering links. It doesn't stop anyone from spamming. It just makes the members pissy when they can't share a link easily.

The best way to deal with spam is to just delete it. Would you rather LL reduces spam a little or turn away twice as many new (posting) members?