[mod] Haremaic Religion. A customizable manly religion for manly Christian manly men who want to build tall.

Haremaic Religion. A customizable manly religion for manly Christian manly men who want to build tall.

Hello! This is Christian religion for manly men with big mustaches and absolutely no respect for women. ?

The short of it is you can be Christian but have 7-12 concubines (or 3 wives), very good relations, and are encouraged to build tall, rather than a wide but shallow expanding blob.

It's a lovers lab mod because you can 'have sex' with any women in your realm, and should you have a sufficient heir, sacrifice your wife in a cumsecration orgy whereby all your vassals fuck her to death. Nice.

There's a quite few decisions I've made 'just coz', so that the religion feels different to play and impacts your gameplay, rather than just being window dressing. It's also slightly customizable in-game should you wish.

The deets.

ck2_1.png.b7d3499c4f9dce7c9614b04d4b13e8b9.png

1st up, it is a catholic heresy. But this can be changed (but only prior to a new game)  in Religion Haremaic\common\religions open Haremaic religion.txt

and at the start of line 14 put a single # so it reads #parent = catholic . This will make the religion more like a orthodox - a valid christian branch, not a heresy.

So what does it do? This:

ck2_10.png.7ee2ddee7cbf1133a725c6c9c9615ee2.png

ck2_11.png.0299184816c704edd2f6dc2c7c41df9c.png

Those pics show exactly what it's doing but the ethos of it is your military tech is severely hampered. Your levies are much smaller (-30%). Global supply is nerfed (-20%) so you cant wage distant wars - as is recruitable ships (-35%). Oh also ALL castle related buildings cost 10% more to build.?

That's it, that's all the mod does, it fucking nerfs you and makes you thankful for it, bitch!

Nah I jest It is of course balanced-ish out by a series of options that should encourage unity and building. 1st up,  you get +30 opinion with all others of the haremaic faith, and +10 with other christians. There's no short reign penalty and you earn piety while at peace. Nice right? Oh and you can fucking designate your heir. Makes succession a much less stressful period, and with 7-12 concubines, you know you can pick an excellent successor!

Whats that? That all that sounds great but doesn't address the negatives I raised prior? Quite right, and may I  compliment you on your keen eye, and if I may say so, wonderfully pert buttocks. Well what you do get are big bonuses to your garrsions, defensive combat performance and retinue maintenance costs (they cost less coz they're your HAREM, get it!? ) plus levies replenish 15% faster!

What all this means is you're hard to invade, but nerfed as a conquering war machine, but with controlled successions, you have time and space to brreeeaaaathe and play a nice peaceful game, punctuated by fiery bursts of Holy war and enforcing righteous learning on the heathens. What really drives this home though is the tech. Military -100%, tech and economy, +200%. Wow! Drastic right? Yes but not as much as you might think.

1151428874_Techspread..png.31029efff86472a6914e3262ce1fb239.png

In the above image you can see the mods 200% effect vs, the base values and (an imaginary) 30% value. Hopefully you can see it's a noticeable effect that steers you to build up, away from military domination, but doesn't result in broken progress (YMMV please give feedback).

Additionally your city and temple buildings are 10% cheaper (so 20% better value than castles), this steers you into a none home-levy based leader, but not 100% ruling it out. It's psychologically pretty effective when you see the gold costs in-front of you. Oh and +3 demesne size which is flat-out freakingly awesome. But just makes realm management more bearable. Everything else I feel is a balanced trade off but this is a flat-out bonus to weigh up against the fact this is a heresy, and operating flat-out as a heresy is rather difficult. This helps.

So I know what you're thinking, and yes it would be nice to know the warmth of a another human and truly experience a real connection for once, but please, concentrate on the mod, I put a lot of hours into it. So that said, why is this mod on lovers Lab not steam? Coz i'm a dirty perv and it motivates my decisions. ? Ahem, and that has resulted in:

The fact you can have 7 -12 concubines!

You can "use" any unmarried woman in your realm. Each time garnering more kudos. It is just a flavor decision -there's no erotic reward for you, just in-game benefits and roleplay.:

ck2_12.png.9093992b4168c595f799826c1454f259.png

Also if your current wife has provided you a heir, there's a couple of creative ways to 'divorce' her that are decidedly not steam friendly.Hsac.png.16f5acac5a3ecf2fcb79b2c861209417.pngck2_15.png.422527e0ce8a813e8368d4109f1e8864.pngck2_13.png.bf4276f2e9fa1eb1eb3480980ed799fb.png

Just makes it different to play. Suddenly your wife has a value beyond just making the babies. Other noticeable religion features:

Parent/child marriage = yes

Brother/sister marriage = no

No looting

Has crusades (old pre HF system, see this post for a simple edit to use the new system)

religious head can grant claims... if they exist.

Priests cant inherit or marry.

The haremaic religion starts with no religious head, but, if you achieve sufficient moral authority (40?) - AND claim the city of Brest (lol breast) you can choose a pope-like pimpus primeri as you vassal and religious head. The 1st one you anoint is fanatically loyal and will grant ALL the claims you ask for...

Additional holy sites have been chosen for geographic prominence to encourage conflict, in York, center of England, Florence in the center of Italy, Jerusalem, and and a city in Lesbos (byzantine empire). Good luck claiming them all!

Becoming haremaic is SUPER simple, just right click your county capital flag.

Conv.jpg.87edcf9a0a0d39ebdc1fc5f9f22dc358.jpg

Openly Christian rulers can then just right click themselves to personally adopt secret faith to openly become haremaic.

I believe none christian (openly) rulers have to form the secret religion society from the intrigue menu, and then also from the intrigue menu, openly adopt secret faith.

Once you're openly Haremaic, clicking your capital county flag will allow you to customize the religion slightly via some decisions. Freely change between 7 or 12 concubines. Or switch to 3 wives but no concubines (once per ruler). And change doctrine to allow brother sister-marriage, or even female temple holdings. You can even make it a 1 wife only religion! But that cost much piety.

I say piety, I mean Ardour, which is what Haremaics calls piety. If you don't like it. Just rename it in line 3 of the localiztion, in line 1 you can even rename the religion completely! All other references in game SHOULD notice this edit, and update to the new names with no issues :) 

Speaking of editing, this mod changes the interface colors slightly - I like it, I feel it adds to the playing a different experience vibe, but if you dont, just delete or edit lines 10 and 11 in the Haremaic Religion.txt within the common folder.

And just because I haven't mentioned it yet, other rulers can become haremaic and get that haremaic privilege (victims CAN get pregnant) going on, but only the player can appoint "the haremaic pope".

That's it, hope you like it. I aim to please and address bugs and any minor glitches swiftly, please feel encouraged to post. :)

Tech specs - Probs needs a new game.

Tested briefly with Luxuria Fantasia and DW:R and functions fine with both or individually :)

Unfortunately I don't use Tentacle Dreams or such mods, sorry. Probs why I felt the need to make my own religion to play in a vanilla CK2 world haha. As there's not really many erotic options out there for boring vanilla people like me. And it's not really an erotic mod, it's just a religion mod with some dark flavoring sprinkled on top lol. So sorry there won't be any interactions with other mods, thought I'd let you know before anyone gets their hopes up.

You have general build cost -10% then castle build cost +20%. This would even out to only +10% build cost for castles, unlike the 20% you said in the description. Additionally all the cases of -female character opinion would be largely counteracted by just being the same religion which has an excessively high bonus to opinion, so it's almost like they don't care. Particularly that sacrificial celebration one. Overall this is extremely overpowered and the downsides don't really counter the extreme benefits. The modifiers of the religion don't even particularly discourage expansion that much. They just move around how it works a bit. I find it interesting to have them a bit focused on retinues, which actually kind of makes the military technology spread penalty not that bad because retinues only use your capital's modifiers which you can increase through just the point gain. I also don't know why you've made it so you gain general christian opinion. Just doesn't make sense considering how extremely heretical this is.

Also I'm wondering if there's a way to change the crusades to the new ones? Doesn't have to be in your main one if it's what you prefer, but I just really like the new crusades and don't play catholic often enough to experience them.

5 hours ago, jag0713 said:

good work

4 hours ago, thedarlec said:

what would I need to edit so my futa leaders can take concubines? they wish to be just as evil as normal males in the faith

I think, think, haven't tested but  add

women_can_take_consorts = yes 

To common/religion> Haremaic religion.txt  Line 18 is a clear line you can put it in if you need specifics. I hope this works, let me know if it does, and sorry if it doesn't! I never play female rulers is all. You may also want to add

feminist = yes

if you dont want the negative opinion malus for female rulers, but this religion is kinda not about that, haha.

19 hours ago, whateverdontcare said:

You have general build cost -10% then castle build cost +20%. This would even out to only +10% build cost for castles, unlike the 20% you said in the description. Additionally all the cases of -female character opinion would be largely counteracted by just being the same religion which has an excessively high bonus to opinion, so it's almost like they don't care. Particularly that sacrificial celebration one. Overall this is extremely overpowered and the downsides don't really counter the extreme benefits. The modifiers of the religion don't even particularly discourage expansion that much. They just move around how it works a bit. I find it interesting to have them a bit focused on retinues, which actually kind of makes the military technology spread penalty not that bad because retinues only use your capital's modifiers which you can increase through just the point gain. I also don't know why you've made it so you gain general christian opinion. Just doesn't make sense considering how extremely heretical this is.

Also I'm wondering if there's a way to change the crusades to the new ones? Doesn't have to be in your main one if it's what you prefer, but I just really like the new crusades and don't play catholic often enough to experience them.

The 20% is because castles are 10% more expensive, but cites/temples are 10% cheaper - so overall 20% cheaper than castles :)

Your other points are basically accurate, but this is just a personal mod and how I wanted it to be. It's not a real religion, it's just a fantasy religion in a timeline I envisioned, (one where the general view is this heresy isn't as bad as all the others) and implemented into the game as a heresy.  And just being heretical is a big debuff to me, you can't get claims from the pope (even with this religions head implemented, there's few other leaders to even get claims on). Cant get people excommunicated, or baptized or coronated by the pope etc. All those things you miss out on by being a heresy. The religion allows the player to have nice things and not be neutered like a proper heresy, I'll agree it's not balanced per se, but I find it fun :)

And you're right about the negative opinion malus not really having an effect - that's the whole point of the mod lol!  Women don't matter, nor does how you treat them. ?

As for using the new crusade system, YES! There is, but it does require a small modification of vanilla files, which I didn't want to complicate the mod with, easy to do and happy to share tho :). 1st of all in this mod, common/religion> Haremaic religion.txt change line 73 to read: use_new_crusade = yes ( instead of no ).

Now in your actual games location open the  common>scripted_triggers folder and  03_crusades.txt  file (or any over-haul mod you may have that is over-writing this file). And on line 16ish you'll see the following:

rightful_religious_head_scope = {
			OR = {
				has_landed_title = k_papal_state
				has_landed_title = d_fraticelli
			}
		}

just add     has_landed_title = d_HaremaicHead  within the OR = { bracket there, so it looks like

rightful_religious_head_scope = {
			OR = {
				has_landed_title = k_papal_state
				has_landed_title = d_fraticelli
				has_landed_title = d_HaremaicHead
			}
		}

That's it, really easy and simple, just not able to do it for ya via a simple mod.

Thank you very much for your post and feedback! Sorry we don't agree on the balances per se, but that's the beauty of modding, we can all make it how we like it. In this mods description I write a couple of times specifically about how to edit or change things, as I know what I like may not be the next persons cup of tea. Enjoy your gaming!?

9 hours ago, Strec said:

I can have sex with most of the women, ……, but [not] my wife and my concubines ^^

Yes, you cant rape/use  your wife or concubine, they are already yours. There's no prestige to be earned from having sex with your own wife/property.

You also cant have use them if you are closely related.

8 hours ago, cniht said:

So question:  Compatibility issues with Luxuria Fantasia or Dark World Reborn?

You don't appear to address that directly unless I missed it in the wall of text.

It's a religion mod that just adds to Christianity, I'd be baffled if it could conflict with anything, but that doesn't excuse me not mentioning so in the description.

I just started a game with DW;R and DW doesn't appear to mess with religions, so it looks like it works fine.

I will check against LF tonight, but once again, don't see why it'd be an issue.

Edit: Plays just fine with LF as well.

testing your edit now thanks for your aid

edit:that didn't work and can't find the line that says no to women taking consorts if I could find the line that says no then I could make it say yes

edit2:it conflicts with something....can't right click the icon to convert I usually set my ruler to the religion to start as a work around

edit3:okay the not working bit could be a conflict with extended marriage or freelove as I noticed the marrige mod I got from the workshop to allow females to have consorts doesn't work for same sex consorts....okay just tested looks like some sorta conflict

5 hours ago, thedarlec said:

1) that didn't work and can't find the line that says no to women taking consorts if I could find the line that says no then I could make it say yes

2) it conflicts with something....can't right click the icon to convert I usually set my ruler to the religion to start as a work around

edit3:okay the not working bit could be a conflict with extended marriage or freelove as I noticed the marrige mod I got from the workshop to allow females to have consorts doesn't work for same sex consorts....okay just tested looks like some sorta conflict

1 there is no line, women NOT having consorts is the hard coded base in the exe. women_can_take_consorts = yes is the best solution i know of to offer, sorry.

And your 2 and 3 do sound like you have a problem, conflict or whatever. This isn't a very female friendly mod in the 1st place, you may be better off with something else perhaps?

By 2 though, are you right clicking your county capitals flag? Coz that's the way to do it.

@cniht seems to play smoothly with LUX_F :)

From all the CK2 mods I downloaded here I liked this one most.

Theese are my thoughts after some hours of gameplay:

Wenn just activating the mod, Haremaic was not a christian religion, but a religion in an new religion group also called christian.

As i am not using any other mod I copied 00_religion.txt into the mod and moved the Haremaic religion into it, which solved the problem.

In order to sacrifice your wife her son needs to be heir. With heir designation, heir is not a static concept. This gives the gamey move of making her son the heir just to sacrifice her and then switching back. I therefore removed the restriction of her son needing to be the heir.

Given the fact, that this religion is not supposed to be defensive, I would give them conquest CB instead of Holy War CB. I have not tried this thoug, this change seems to require changes to CB's.

On 1/15/2020 at 5:31 AM, LAFN1996 said:

This question is irrelevant to the mod. But I really want to know what portrait mod you were using in the screenshot, the Empress Erika of England. Thank you. Also thank you for making this great mod.

The mod that provides that nice look, i'm 99.9% sure is https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1584690453

It's a beta and has issues and gaps yada yada., Now I play with HIP that includes its own portrait module, and then I pasted Portrait Than Trait's files over those. Works for the most part, but there's some fuckery in the far east faces, mouths placed over cheeks, noses off to the side etc. But it's definitely the above mod that's so pretty. Mongols and norse look: ?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm loving most of this mod.  Most.  

My under-16 daughters are constantly being taken by men in my realm.  The one I was going to marry off to my heir just gave birth to the child of one of my Commanders, and is now deeply depressed and marked as having been taken many times.  I don't want this.  I'm the king, why aren't my young daughters off-limits?

Is there anything I can to do stop this from happening with the existing mod?  

6 hours ago, eicot said:

Is there anything I can to do stop this from happening with the existing mod?  

I've never looked at how mods worked before, but I was able to locate some bits in "Haremaic Dec.txt" that let me get control over this behavior.

First I adjusted the main ai_will_do factor to 0.0.  According to what I've read, this is what the AI uses to determine how often it should use an action, as a value between 0 and 1.  Then, just in case this didn't stop the AI from getting frisky with random girls I care about, I adjusted the two age filters in the code to 16.  I've played the game for a few years now, and the AI is no longer quite so rude to my girls, at least.  

If it's not feasible to filter out the children of the player, at least as an option, having control over whether the AI gets frisky at all would be nice.

• 2 weeks later...

This might be a stupid question but how do you prop up the haremaic pope? I already conquer Brest and the other holy sites plus 100 moral authority but the decision still didn't pop up for me, the rest of the content for the mod works. Also the event text for this mod still got cut off even with Bigger Event and Even Bigger Text Box installed. Other than that everything works fine, I like this mod and IST so hopefully I could find a way to make it work.