[mod] Haremaic Religion. A customizable manly religion for manly Christian manly men who want to build tall.

On 2/15/2020 at 3:54 AM, hunternothunted said:

Also the event text for this mod still got cut off even with Bigger Event and Even Bigger Text Box installed

What worked for me to solve this was to replace all the charecter events with narrative events.

On 2/19/2020 at 2:07 AM, hunternothunted said:

I'm not familiar with that, can you show me how to do it?

Go to the downloaded mod, then to the Folder

'Religion Haremaic/events' open file 'haremaic events.txt'

There, each event is written like this (this is the script for the initial event of the spuose sacrifice event.

Replacing 'character_event' with 'narrative_event' gives the event box more space for text.

character_event = { id = haremaic.0002        #spouse sacrifice.
    ai = no
    is_triggered_only = yes   portrait = no
    picture = GFX_evt_def
    desc = harem0002desc
    option = { name = harem0002op1                          #Burn >10
        custom_tooltip = {    text = "The ritual will take a few days to prepare"    } #informs
        add_character_modifier = {    name = haremaic_burn    }        #shows reward
        hidden_tooltip = { remove_character_modifier = haremaic_burn }        #removes early application
        if = {
            limit ={
                from= {                            #not a believer
                    And = {
                        Not = { religion = haremaic }
                        Or = {
                            trait = zealous
                            trait = craven
                            trait = cynical
                            trait = unyielding_leader
                            trait = coward             ### some mod maybe?
                        }
                        Nor={ trait = ISTtrainedslave trait=ISTcourtesanslave trait=ISTmeretrixslave } # mymod
                    }
                }
            }
            from= { character_event = { id = haremaic.0011 days = 7 }    }         #runs
        }
        else_if = {                 #active
            limit ={
                from = {
                    And = {  
                        religion = haremaic
                        trait = zealous
                    }
                }
            }     
            root= { character_event = { id = haremaic.0015  days = 7 }    }                #stays
        }
        else_if = {
            limit ={ from = { has_secret_religion = yes } }                        #secret
            root = { character_event = { id = haremaic.0019  days = 12 } }          #stays
        }
        else = {                                                                 #passive
            root= { character_event = { id = haremaic.0010  days = 11 }    }          #stays
        }
    }
    option = { name = harem0002op2                          #Bang >20
        trigger = {  
            From = { Not = { age = 50 }    }      #cant be too old
        }    
        character_event = { id = haremaic.0020 days = 7}
        add_character_modifier = {    name = haremaic_orgy     }        #shows reward
        if = { limit = { root = { trait = stressed } }
            Root = { random = { chance = 20 remove_trait = stressed } }
        }    
        hidden_tooltip = { remove_character_modifier = haremaic_orgy } #removes early     
    }
    option = { name = harem0002op3                         #Dont do it
        trigger = {
            From = {
                 Not = { is_lover = root }
            }
        }    
        character_event = { id = haremaic.0030 } #not in use
    }
    option = { name = harem0002op4
        trigger = {
            From = {
                is_lover = root
            }
        }
        From = {
            opinion = { modifier = opinion_swayed_2 who = root months = 1 }    
        }
    }
}

I did this for all events from id=haremaic.002 to the end of the file.

3 hours ago, jhpda said:

Go to the downloaded mod, then to the Folder

'Religion Haremaic/events' open file 'haremaic events.txt'

There, each event is written like this (this is the script for the initial event of the spuose sacrifice event.

Replacing 'character_event' with 'narrative_event' gives the event box more space for text.

I did this for all events from id=haremaic.002 to the end of the file.

Alright I'll give it a shot, thanks a lot for the help. Can you prop up the haremaic pope? That's probably the last problem that still bugging me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Horatius_PL said:

I like this mod very much even if that religion is OP as fuck.. but for the love of god make some age restriction because 7yo Hand Maids and "used" 12yo its not something i actually like it to see..

There is a restriction on hand maids. They're only allowed to be children... Not, great

• 4 months later...

I have the problem that i cannot get concubines and the wife sacrifieing think is not working either.  i can  click on a courtier and make her concubine, but it is not working. funny thing is that my vassals have concubines

I played as holy roman empire and also as minor nations, but the family window in not changint to allow concubines.......i also switched of all other mods, did not work either.

On 1/12/2020 at 11:45 PM, Cheri Song said:

This looks like a fun, silly mod with a lot of effort put into it. I'll try it out soon.

Hey Cheri, I know CK3 is nearby, but do you think some flavour on Tentacle Dreams to work with this mod could be done?

Imho, with the enphasys of women status on your mod, the religion events could actually work pretty nice, like Haremaic religion being an antithesis to Dagonic religions.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I can't "Prepare Ground" for the Haremaic Religion. Anyone else have that problem? Please note, it's not something stupid. I'm a member of the Haremaic Secret Society, I have the prowess (which probably should be renamed, maybe to something like Amour?). I have the rank (Grandmaster), since I created it. I did check the events list (and the localization file), and there seems to be some events missing for the prepare ground compared to the Tentacle Dreams version.

• 2 weeks later...

Second, how the do you create the Harem Pope? To ensure stupid answers like "Have you downloaded and installed this mod?", "Do you have the City of Brest in Leon?", or "Are you Haremaic?" aren't replies (I'm sorry, but I have gotten REALLY dumb replies like that), let me say I have downloaded and am currently playing as a Haremaic Character. I have the city of Brest, I am Haremaic, my second son (who isn't heir to any titles, currently playing the Byzantine Emperor in 769) is 16 years old and not married. Here's the script to take the Harem Pope decision (or atleast I think this is it, it atleast LOOKS like it and that's what it's called, and I will go over each one)
    haremaicpope_decision = {
    filter = dynasty
    ai_target_filter = none
        from_potential = {
            ai = no
            check_variable = { which = global_haremhhhh value = 2 } (Tried to find variable, no clue where they are)
            Not = {
                check_variable = { which = global_haremhhhh value = 3 } (See above)
            }
        potential = {
            NOT = { character = From } (If this is the person who's supposed to become the Harem Pope, then it's Prince Christophos), which is not Basileus Konstantinos, the character I'm playing)
        }
        allow = { (Prince Christophoros)
            Root = {
                age = 16 (yes)
                religion = haremaic (yes)
                Nor ={
                    is_married = yes (no)
                    is_landed = yes (no)
                    Is_primary_heir = any_character (no)
                    any_heir_title = { always = yes } (no)
                }
            }
            b_brest = { owner = { (Yes, me directly)
                        or = {
                            character = FROM
                            is_vassal_or_below_of = from
                        }
            } }
        }

A bit more info (assuming this mod isn't dead like so many other CK2 mods now that CK3 is out or the mod authors moved to do something else) about my trouble creating the Haremiac Pope. I tried a new game (in 1337) as the King of England. Using the console, I got Brest (and the other holy sites), and was able to appoint a non-/family member (but a member of my dynasty) as the pope. Are direct children forbidden somehow/somewhere from being the Haremiac Pope? What's the closest relationship that a future Heramiac Pope and the current PC can have? Sisters, cousins? First nieces twice removed (removed for a good reason, but they keep coming back)?

• 2 years later...
On 9/9/2021 at 10:37 AM, James_E_C said:

I can't "Prepare Ground" for the Haremaic Religion. Anyone else have that problem? Please note, it's not something stupid. I'm a member of the Haremaic Secret Society, I have the prowess (which probably should be renamed, maybe to something like Amour?). I have the rank (Grandmaster), since I created it. I did check the events list (and the localization file), and there seems to be some events missing for the prepare ground compared to the Tentacle Dreams version.

Can't do that either, I try to find it inside the mod folder, but no key word matches it.

On 9/20/2021 at 6:03 AM, James_E_C said:

Second, how the do you create the Harem Pope? To ensure stupid answers like "Have you downloaded and installed this mod?", "Do you have the City of Brest in Leon?", or "Are you Haremaic?" aren't replies (I'm sorry, but I have gotten REALLY dumb replies like that), let me say I have downloaded and am currently playing as a Haremaic Character. I have the city of Brest, I am Haremaic, my second son (who isn't heir to any titles, currently playing the Byzantine Emperor in 769) is 16 years old and not married. Here's the script to take the Harem Pope decision (or atleast I think this is it, it atleast LOOKS like it and that's what it's called, and I will go over each one)
    haremaicpope_decision = {
    filter = dynasty
    ai_target_filter = none
        from_potential = {
            ai = no
            check_variable = { which = global_haremhhhh value = 2 } (Tried to find variable, no clue where they are)
            Not = {
                check_variable = { which = global_haremhhhh value = 3 } (See above)
            }
        potential = {
            NOT = { character = From } (If this is the person who's supposed to become the Harem Pope, then it's Prince Christophos), which is not Basileus Konstantinos, the character I'm playing)
        }
        allow = { (Prince Christophoros)
            Root = {
                age = 16 (yes)
                religion = haremaic (yes)
                Nor ={
                    is_married = yes (no)
                    is_landed = yes (no)
                    Is_primary_heir = any_character (no)
                    any_heir_title = { always = yes } (no)
                }
            }
            b_brest = { owner = { (Yes, me directly)
                        or = {
                            character = FROM
                            is_vassal_or_below_of = from
                        }
            } }
        }

I found how to achieve { which = global_haremhhhh value = 2 }

First, you need to be

religion = haremaic

higher_tier_than = duke

piety = 800
prestige = 700
is_adult = yes

then you can see the decision "Pray for guidance on the faith" in the Intrigue menu.

Right now, if you have 50 or more moral authority, you can take the decision, and wait for two days for an event ask if you want to select a pope from your kin or not.

Clicking the upper option, turn "global_haremhhhh to 2"

The bottom option turn "global_haremhhhh back to 0", and you allow you to click "Pray for guidance on the faith" decision again.

If you click Upper option, you can now right click your dynasty member portrait to select them as Pope, I think.

Edited by thrintyseven
add more detail