AAF Not Loading Properly?

4 hours ago, HungerShovel said:

When I start up a New Game with AAF it seems to load but instead of the proper text it shows in a broken state whereas it says things like

"$WELCOME"

and such whenever it would instead say the normal line.

Is there a fix to this?

Maybe aaf is not installed propertly or it cant find your fallout 4 language

5 hours ago, HungerShovel said:

When I start up a New Game with AAF it seems to load but instead of the proper text it shows in a broken state whereas it says things like

"$WELCOME"

and such whenever it would instead say the normal line.

Is there a fix to this?

If your getting the " $ " then there is a mismatch with your Mod / Game / FSE. double check the versions you have installed.

13 minutes ago, mashup47 said:

If your getting the " $ " then there is a mismatch with your Mod / Game / FSE. double check the versions you have installed.

I am running all 3 on the latest versions.

55 minutes ago, Indarello said:

Enable debug mode in aaf and send errors

I attached an image of my screen when I got debug mode on. I installed AAF through Mod Organizer 2.

AAF.png

4 hours ago, HungerShovel said:

I continued on with setting up my mods and AAF itself is detected by the mods and it works just fine. This seems to just be a UI issue and it can be ignored.

You can find what $... messages mean by open Data/interface/translations

If there is no your game language maybe it is not supported, if no aaf files means bad installation

55 minutes ago, Cross69 said:

so reinstall AAF and activate debug mod and like i said i get stuck at 30percent loaded and no sex works i Dont know if AEU needs to be updated as well because the MA is MIA 

You forget to send me errors that debug will show you

And about debug mode, I was talking about in data/aaf_settings.ini there is some lines about debug that you can set true

59 minutes ago, mashup47 said:

@Cross69. could you post your load order in a spoiler please.  Have you tried removing leito's animations to test. Not that leito's animations are causing your issue as it more likely the install order or your missing something.

i just delete all Leito stuff i will see if that loads it up fully AAF and i use vortex 

On 1/10/2020 at 3:32 AM, VonHelton said:

Did Beth do another update??

:exclamation:

Actually there was some sort of update. When I tried to fire up FO4 it automatically started downloading some package. I have auto updates disabled too. I tried stopping the download but was met with the popup stating I would not be able to play the game until the update was installed. Once it was finished, it ran thru the "choosing your resolution" bit as if it was the first time I had ever installed the game. Once I got in game, I had the same issue as several other have been stating....[AAF--30%] and no animations starting.

I've tried uninstalling/re-installing AAF as well as every other animation pack I have one by one and have had no success.

1 hour ago, grundor67 said:

Actually there was some sort of update. When I tried to fire up FO4 it automatically started downloading some package. I have auto updates disabled too. I tried stopping the download but was met with the popup stating I would not be able to play the game until the update was installed. Once it was finished, it ran thru the "choosing your resolution" bit as if it was the first time I had ever installed the game. Once I got in game, I had the same issue as several other have been stating....[AAF--30%] and no animations starting.

I've tried uninstalling/re-installing AAF as well as every other animation pack I have one by one and have had no success.

You mite need to up date FSE and looksmenu if your game has be updated. just double check that they Match your game version same as AAF  ( also this would go for any other mods using FSE).

• 1 year later...
On 1/12/2020 at 9:27 AM, grundor67 said:

Same here.

On 1/12/2020 at 9:10 AM, Cross69 said:

i just delete all Leito stuff i will see if that loads it up fully AAF and i use vortex 

Deleting Leito sort of worked.  Hotkey actions showed for a while until I used them then there were no animations again.  

I can't even get AAF debug mode to work. 

Edited by 17skyrim
5 hours ago, 17skyrim said:

Same here.

Deleting Leito sort of worked.  Hotkey actions showed for a while until I used them then there were no animations again.  

I can't even get AAF debug mode to work. 

Hi,

If you haven't seen the up-to-date adult guide, please read through this thoroughly and make sure you pay heed to the sections that explain what mods may be outdated / incompatible, load order for adult mods, testing animation packs 1 by one, be sure to install patches correctly, etc.

Edited by Marg597
it's too early for spelling
16 hours ago, Marg597 said:

Hi,

If you haven't seen the up-to-date adult guide, please read through this thoroughly and make sure you pay heed to the sections that explain what mods may be outdated / incompatible, load order for adult mods, testing animation packs 1 by one, be sure to install patches correctly, etc.

Thanks.  I started a fresh vanilla game and I think I worked out the problem.  The game now shows debug log when I flag it (no bugs at the moment) and shows AAF has loaded at the load up.  I think my mistake was using the latest version of Looks menu.  Natural instinct is to use the latest version, but with Looksmenu it needs to be no earlier than 1-6-18.  Which is why I had no problems with my playthrough 2yrs ago. 

THE LOOKS MENU installation is a trap for the unwary.  EVERY other requirement needs the up to date version, BUT Looks Menu installation needs an out of date version. 

Edited by 17skyrim
19 hours ago, Marg597 said:

Hi,

Thanks.  I started a fresh vanilla game and I think I worked out the problem.  The game now shows debug log when I flag it (no bugs at the moment) and shows AAF has loaded at the load up.  I think my mistake was using the latest version of Looks menu.  Natural instinct is to use the latest version, but with Looksmenu it needs to be no earlier than 1-6-18.  Which is why I had no problems with my playthrough 2yrs ago. 

PS.  I spoke too soon.  I added a few files and left the vault and AAF does not work and I can't get it to work, even from reloading the vanilla save.  Something is corrupting my game.  As far as I know, all AAF required files are loaded.  No debug log is being produced by AAF.  But there is a Fourplay log being produced in F4SE folder even though I have no Fourplay files.

Might be the F4SE install.  When I use the F4SE loader shortcut I get a message saying F4SE is not loaded.  I use the Vortex F4SE loader which does not give the error message. 

Screenshot (5).png

LL_fourPlay.log

Edited by 17skyrim

Yes, it was an F4SE problem.  I had to apply the fix of deleting all F4SE plugins.  Vortex prompts to delete or revert links to files.  Choose to revert links.  I think the Fourplay log belongs to Real handcuffs.  That has an option to install a fourplay plugin.   AAF and debug is working and holding stable up to now.  

PS. Can't get animations to work.  AAF not launching again.  Too unstable on current set up.  

Edited by 17skyrim
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2021 at 12:48 AM, 17skyrim said:

Yes, it was an F4SE problem.  I had to apply the fix of deleting all F4SE plugins.  Vortex prompts to delete or revert links to files.  Choose to revert links.  I think the Fourplay log belongs to Real handcuffs.  That has an option to install a fourplay plugin.   AAF and debug is working and holding stable up to now.  

PS. Can't get animations to work.  AAF not launching again.  Too unstable on current set up.  

I eventually worked out why AAF was corrupted and would not load.  I first had to start with a vanilla game, I could not achieve this by uninstalling and nuking the game on Steam.  THAT DOES NOT GET YOU A VANILLA GAME.  It only uninstalls the game from Steam.

I had to uninstall the game from W10 settings.  THAT UNINSTALLS THE GAME FROM YOUR COMPUTER.  Then you are able to do a fresh vanilla install.  Restart your computer before doing a fresh install.  

Once I had a vanilla game, I could install AAF debug mode.  The corrupt mods were BP70 and Brave animations.  The plugins for these animations are not installed or activated (you get an AAF debug warning, which disappears when the animations are disabled).  There is also a warning about a Fourplay (AAF port) animation.  I simply disabled all fourplay connected animations (2). 

What I suspect happens is that when AAF eventually trys to load the corrupt animations they clog up the app because there is no active plugin.  This not only stuffs up AAF but also corrupt computer records. 

My advice is don't install the 4 abovementioned animations, even though they are recommended on the AAF fucking manual, because the manual needs updating.  My advice relates to a current game setup.  Everything may work for you on a legacy setup, but if you update your game you may experience problems.   

Also the new mod Nuka Ride can stop AAF working, so be wary of that.  

Edited by 17skyrim
correct spelling
1 hour ago, 17skyrim said:

My advice is don't install the 4 abovementioned animations, even though they are recommended on the AAF fucking manual, because the manual needs updating.  My advice relates to a current game setup.  Everything may work for you on a legacy setup, but if you update your game you may experience problems.   

Also the new mod Nuka Ride can stop AAF working, so be wary of that.  

They work ok for me, something else is going on there.

Also, I haven't had any bad experience with nuka ride interfering with aaf.  I've been following the nuka ride thread (not super closely though) and haven't seen any aaf breaking issues there yet.

Did you perhaps install UAP and have those boxes checked but the animation packs not installed?  That might cause AAF to be looking for them and throw error if they are not found?