(v1.4.3) Mod Organizer 2 & Other tools - From zero to "Hey Sexlab is working!"

please help, I was sent an attachment guide reading 100. It tells me to change automatic update, to only update when I launch, but it wont allow me to do this. What do I do. If anyone can help, please do. Thank you! By the way I was able to change to allow background downloads to no background downloads.

please help, I was sent an attachment guide reading 100. It tells me to change automatic update, to only update when I launch, but it wont allow me to do this. What do I do. If anyone can help, please do. Thank you! By the way I was able to change to allow background downloads to no background downloads. I think I figured it out. It might be because I havent down loaded the game yet. I needed a fresh copy. If Im right pls let me know  

My dude, chill. You don't need to triple post here to get an answer. Also, the "attachement guide reading 100" is this thread where you're replying now.

Get a copy of the game installed in Steam (ideally outside of "...\Program files" as stated in the guide) and then go into the properties to disable automatic updates, as shown in the screenshots.

4 hours ago, H0rnyH0rse said:

Has helped a noob a ton and was real easy to follow and had a very rewarding result. It gave me the foundation I needed to run Alyis' guide and now I got 300 Mods working and have been at it for only a week.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad this guide was useful to you. 

Hello,

Thank you for your guide.

It was quite clear and easy to understand.

I followed your guide and (finally) successfully launched Skyrim with basic mods.

I apologie for the possible mistakes i may make in my sentences, as english is not my native tongue.

But i have some problems now i have added more mods, and SKSE is not launching the game.

It has been 3 day i am trying to mod the game, with differents guides (and yours is the best so far), but i do not find the problem and came here to ask for help, if possible :)

I join screenshots of my MO2.

I have run Loot.

FNIS did not find and problems.

I paid attention to get mod for SE and not LE.

Could you help me pls ?

MO2 Left side 1.jpg

MO2 Left side 2.jpg

MO2 Right side 1.jpg

MO2 Right side 2.jpg

53 minutes ago, MkVenner said:

Could you help me pls ?

First step would be pinpoint when did your game started to crash. I see you've added quite a few mods after the ones covered in this guide. Did you test in game after adding each mod? That's the golden rule when adding new stuff, going one step at a time.

Just at glance I see you added several creature related mods

• HentaiCreatures_MNCv12SE2
  • MoreNastyCritters_v12_06A
  • HentaiCreatures_MNCv12
  • HornyCreaturesofSkyrim_V1_14
  • SL More Creatures SE v1.02

I don't use these, but I know there is a guide made specifically for More Nasty Critters, and seeing your installed mods you might have installed some redundant/obsolete stuff. I'm not sure really, but I recommend you to disable all your installed mods, check the guide and follow these instructions* for getting MNC working, then you can ask in that thread about adding all the other creature-related mods you have now.

*: the guide is a zipped file, download the "SexLabandMNC_Install_Guide_V4_2" and unzip it somewhere to read it. It contains some screenshots for reference, but what you need should be in the text file named "Install Guide Notes 64bitSE.txt". There you'll find the requirements and download link for the latest MNC port for SE.

Thank you for you reply :)

I desactivated these 5 mods with BDIC_SE_04_00_01_TEST (that was working with MNC). [I will ask in the thread once it work again]

Used Loot and FNIS again but it still does not load the game

So it seems there is another problem, but i don't know how to work.

Should i desactivate all mod (other than the ones in your guide) and activate them one by one until i find those which are not working ?

7 minutes ago, MkVenner said:

So it seems there is another problem, but i don't know how to work.

Should i desactivate all mod (other than the ones in your guide) and activate them one by one until i find those which are not working ?

Yes, go one at the time. Make sure the mods you enable have all their requirements enabled too, otherwise you'll crash (MO2 should give you a warning in the exclamation mark near the Run button if there is any missing requirement).

I have a couple complaints on the BodySlide guide, you could be causing problems for people.

Outfit/Body: this is the currently selected outfit or body part to modify. Here you’ll select each outfit (if you install a replacer with bodyslide support, remember that during the CBBE SE there was an optional setting to have all the vanilla outfits in bodyslide). But first we’ll use it to build the default female body.

Just no. You'll only select a body in that slot. If you start building each individual outfit separately you'll quickly notice that the body presets don't cover them all. And what if you made the body preset by yourself? It's not gonna match any outfit. What we want to use is Batch build, you cannot select outfit from this dropdown.

1. Click on the magnifier icon next to “Group Filter” and select “Choose groups…”.
  2. In the new window select “CBBE Bodies” and press Ok.
  3. In the “Preset” field select “CBBE Curvy”.

It should be emphasized that first batch build shouldn't set any group filters, one should find the button to clear all filters:

x.png.3496eeed7a07ea2df66a71ae392bca40.png

This little X on right side of both filter screens, press it. Then carry on with toggle "Build Morphs" and "Batch Build".

When you have outfits and bodies with BodySlide, you must not skip building anything that can be built. Later on if you are more comfortable with what is output and where, which files are just added and so on, you can slowly start using "Group filters". But if you don't know what you are messing with, skipping to build something from new mods will cause all sorts of issues with invisible bodyparts and whatnot.

There are mods that scatter items in several different vaguely named groups, sometimes not grouped at all and appearing in "Unassigned".

11 hours ago, Zaflis said:

Just no. You'll only select a body in that slot. If you start building each individual outfit separately you'll quickly notice that the body presets don't cover them all. And what if you made the body preset by yourself? It's not gonna match any outfit. What we want to use is Batch build, you cannot select outfit from this dropdown.

The part you're quoting isn't an instruction, but a general description of what can be done in that field. And if the user later installs a new (or vanilla replacer) outfit with zaps, they'll need to load each outfit to tweak the zaps accordingly. Perhaps I should clarify this? Also, the fact that a certain preset isn't applicable to an outfit isn't solved by doing a batch build, the issue won't be noticed until the player goes in game. But it will be there unless the preset is added to the corresponding groups and builds the sets properly. Which is something I might need to add even if the mods I cover in this guide don't present the issue.

11 hours ago, Zaflis said:

It should be emphasized that first batch build shouldn't set any group filters, one should find the button to clear all filters:

You're right, the instructions on how to do things are obviously heavily influenced by how I've been using the tools for years. I may know how to build all the available sets filtering by group (because I like to drag the generated files to each mod in the modlist), but new users might have a hard time getting every set built if they feel the need to use filters always. I'll edit this part to, hopefully,  make things simpler for someone unfamiliar with Bodyslide and avoid issues if said user adds mods with several sets/groups (thinking about DD here).

Thank you for the input, I'll re-write some parts of the guide in the following days and try to address this.

1 hour ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

if the user later installs a new (or vanilla replacer) outfit with zaps, they'll need to load each outfit to tweak the zaps accordingly.

Curious i hadn't heard of zaps before. I had to read a bit but i still don't think they will be useful to me at least. It should be enough for most that default settings will conform all outfits (including vanilla replacers) to npc bodyweight, morphs and all possible HDT bounciness. Going into specific details of individual armor pieces is a bit much effort, and is ok to leave in the hands of the mod makers.

@dontknowdontcaredontask

Not sure if I'm just slow or if this isn't fully up to date or if I just flaked out on something, going with 1 and 3 there, but are all of those mods listed in [05. A few mods to make this work] to be installed via MO? For example, on MFG Fix, you mentioned an installer, which I did not see, I just did it like ya said via MO, clicked manual and just kinda excluded the fomod folders. I haven't encountered any errors yet, since I haven't tried to run the game as I'm still going through your steps, but figured I'd post this question ahead of time to save myself some time if I find I *DID* do something wrong. 

Thanks in advance!

54 minutes ago, THEleghorse said:

but are all of those mods listed in [05. A few mods to make this work] to be installed via MO? For example, on MFG Fix, you mentioned an installer, which I did not see, I just did it like ya said via MO, clicked manual and just kinda excluded the fomod folders.

All the mods must be installed through MO, only exceptions covered in the guide are SKSE dll and exe files, and ENB files. But I guess you're talking about picking manual or not when you install a mod in MO. In the particular case of MFG Fix there was an installer because that mod came with several dll files for different SKSE versions, so the user had to pick the version matching their SKSE version. Now MFG Fix uses Address Library, so there is nothing to choose in the installer, so picking manual, and setting the proper Data directory is the right thing to do (fomod folder is useless). I'll need to check these mods to update the install instructions.

And just to clarify, if a mod comes with an installer, the installer takes priority over the Quick Install window (the one where you can pick Manual), so if a mod comes with a functional installer, you'll know it (example: SOS, CBBE).

11 minutes ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

All the mods must be installed through MO, only exceptions covered in the guide are SKSE dll and exe files, and ENB files. But I guess you're talking about picking manual or not when you install a mod in MO. In the particular case of MFG Fix there was an installer because that mod came with several dll files for different SKSE versions, so the user had to pick the version matching their SKSE version. Now MFG Fix uses Address Library, so there is nothing to choose in the installer, so picking manual, and setting the proper Data directory is the right thing to do (fomod folder is useless). I'll need to check these mods to update the install instructions.

And just to clarify, if a mod comes with an installer, the installer takes priority over the Quick Install window (the one where you can pick Manual), so if a mod comes with a functional installer, you'll know it (example: SOS, CBBE).

Yeah, I got down to CBBE and realized I did something wrong when I seen all the different options when the installer ran. I went and started over completely and got back to MFG Fix and was like NOOO WHAT DID I DO AGAIN, lol. It's 1:19 am and I just wanna get this to work halfway before bed at least. Cheers for the quick response!

i stumbled into the completely wrong tech support place at first and made an idiot of myself.  Talos help anyone who doesn't find this post first. :)

edit: having an issue locating the "Add to" option from section 4 regarding downloading the second half of the skse. is it perhaps "send to" instead? or am i in the 'wrong neck of the woods' 

thanks for your time.

skse help.png

3 hours ago, vhoulvice said:

edit: having an issue locating the "Add to" option from section 4 regarding downloading the second half of the skse. is it perhaps "send to" instead? or am i in the 'wrong neck of the woods' 

The "Add to..." options come from the software you have installed to manage zipped files. Before Step 1 I list 7-zip as required software, install it and see if you can zip the "Scripts" folder with that.

7 minutes ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

The "Add to..." options come from the software you have installed to manage zipped files. Before Step 1 I list 7-zip as required software, install it and see if you can zip the "Scripts" folder with that.

i did i even used 7zip to extract the file to begin with it is a new program though i'll try a restart. 

update: still no "add to option" should i be doing this within 7zip or within the actual extracted file? 

1 hour ago, vhoulvice said:

update: still no "add to option" should i be doing this within 7zip or within the actual extracted file? 

Try with whatever program you have to zip/unzip files. But if you installed 7-zip these options should appear, unless the default settings changed since the last time I installed 7-zip... If you're willing to try:

1. Open 7-zip and select "Tools" -> "Options..."
  2. In the Options window, go to the 7-Zip tab and check that you have the following settiings enabled:
    • Integrate 7-Zip shell to context menu
    • Integrate 7-Zip shell to context menu (32)
    • In context menu:
      • Add to <Archive>.7z
      • Add to <Archive>.zip (optional, if you ever need to use zip instead of 7z for whatever reason)

I've attached a screenshot of my settings for reference, but not all the settings I have are required.

Spoiler

7zipsettings.png.90caf730ae33e6a00e351df30847fa11.png

that's actually what the problem was! i had moved forward using the "send to" option to create a zipped file and it loaded into MO2 all green. i'll move forward with that for now if it doesn't work i'll remove skse and do it with add to. 

1 hour ago, vhoulvice said:

that's actually what the problem was! i had moved forward using the "send to" option to create a zipped file and it loaded into MO2 all green. i'll move forward with that for now if it doesn't work i'll remove skse and do it with add to. 

I think both methods would work. The only thing you need to do is zip the Scripts folder in order to add it to MO. 7-zip is my recommendation because several mods come in that format (.7z) and other programs to handle zip files (Winrar, Winzip) might not support that format by default (especially if it's an old installation, which is highly possible as people tend to install these programs once and never touch it again).

On 6/19/2020 at 12:16 PM, MkVenner said:

I found many mod that cas interferring with the launching.

I am going to download these again one by one and try to intall them again

Thank you again for your guide :)

Slow and steady, I hope you get it working fine this time.

i did have to go back and use the add to scriptz to get everything working but it was super easy once i had made those settings adjustments to 7zip.