Am I the only one?

polluxval

So far people talk about the most popular games like:

DMC4, Assassins Creed, Skyrim, Call of Duty, etc. but, Am I the only one who plays simulator games? I just bought Euro Truck Simulator 2 and after some years of getting mods for ETS 1 and played until almost the apocalypse, now I get a new gem. i also play Flight Simulator X, Train simulator and some others (they are cheap, or atleast cheaper than the common popular game).

I know my chances to drive a real airplane, train or a big truck are slim to none but, who cares? i find it really exciting.

what im trying to say is that i find myself more comforatble driving a truck, watching the rain outside my window and hearing Johnny Cash, than killing koreans, russians and whatever, using big guns and grenades. I really cant be the only one.

I have a buddy that will spend every waking moment playing train sims if he could.

I personally don't see the appeal at all. I guess it is because I have driven a big rig and rode enough trains\airplanes to make me utterly sick of them over the course of my career.

Now....I do enjoy helicopter flight sims but that is pretty much it. Again, maybe it is because I have only been up in a heli once.

Or it could just be that I have a short attention span........:)

Generally speaking if a game is granted a sequel more than one person is playing that game.

Personally I find little appeal in those sort of simulators. I think the only simulator I've played and enjoyed was Arma 2, since that very much is a simulator.

I have a buddy that will spend every waking moment playing train sims if he could.

I personally don't see the appeal at all. I guess it is because I have driven a big rig and rode enough trains\airplanes to make me utterly sick of them over the course of my career.

Now....I do enjoy helicopter flight sims but that is pretty much it. Again' date=' maybe it is because I have only been up in a heli once.

Or it could just be that I have a short attention span........:)

[/quote']

one of my uncles have his own truck delivery co. (its small but they go all around the US) and he loves the ETS series... :s

he spend 6 months on the road, and the other 6th months at home playing truck simulators... thats sick. :P

The only reason I would play a simulator is to learn new skills like flying a plane' date=' just in case, I have played the original ETS(got it on sale) but I sucked at it, so kind of stoped playing , have to agree on the killing part though .

[/quote']

yea i begin playing those games with the same objective. im a writer and i neeed to experience everything i can. driving a real truck or an airplane its out of the question (money its involved, not will). but after some time they bacame addictive. :P

Generally speaking if a game is granted a sequel more than one person is playing that game.

Personally I find little appeal in those sort of simulators. I think the only simulator I've played and enjoyed was Arma 2' date=' since that very much is a simulator.

[/quote']

well i was talking about lovers lab community site. not the world... i should be more specific... :P ...

the ETS community its bigger than i thought, mods are released almost at the same rate of skyrim... :s

My son is currently playing Euro Truck Simulator 2 that was gifted to him by a friend through Steam. He loves it and I have to admit' date=' it looks pretty pretty cool to me.

[/quote']

nice to hear that. :). i hope he didnt get tired of it too soon.

nice to hear that. :). i hope he didnt get tired of it too soon.

Well, I was actually shocked when he told me he was playing it because around our house, it's either first person shooter games or RPGs. He is still playing it religiously which I find even more shocking considering the number of games he has on his Steam Account. I didn't even know the ETS series existed until he told me about it and I think why I find it appealing is it reminds me of the time I have spent in Europe and Southwest Asia.

Euro Truck 2 is amazing and im seeing lots of people play it and not troll around in the game but get upset if they hit something or cant park it right :D also been having fun with it myself

but i have always enjoyed Sim games but i dont know what it is about ETS2 that makes it so enjoyable for everyone that plays it

• 2 weeks later...

Edit: To answer your question, does Sim City count? I grew up with that, and it is much more soothing than going on a warpath. If not, I'm also a fan of the X series for it's exploration and open-endedness. Chilling out in a little ship in space watching the world in motion is pretty relaxing.

Ahh... Let's see... I don't have other games that are remotely simulator-ish, but I definitely see the appeal.

Guest Plastrader

Alright. Do I play any simulator games?

No not at the moment, but I sure have.

Per platform and not in any particular order

Amiga:

Their Finest Hour

Fighter Bomber

F/A 18 Interceptor

Formula One Grand Prix

PC:

Grand Prix 2-4 (Oh why Geoff Crammond, why did you stop?!, we know GP4 was a mess, but you are forgiven!)

Jane's AH-64D Longbow

Jane's WWII Fighters

TOCA 2

Grand Prix Legends

Colin MacRae Rally (Until the unfortunate accident, and up to the version where this game series was Consoled)

Silent Hunter III (Version IV was not appealing to me, and Version V... LOL what a useless waste of binary code that was...)

---Perhaps not related to simulators, but here goes.

Rainbow Six (Up to the version where this game series was Consoled)

Now if Sim-games and Tycoon games count I've played the eariler versions of most of them.

Such as:

Sim City

Sim Golf

(There are probably more, but it'll do for now)

Those were the days and they'll never return :(

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone here used to play F-19 Stealth Fighter?

Now that... that was a simulator, and I don't care how pixelated it was. 

sorry... i have to be honest... i'm not that old... :P

i had like 5... i barely knew how to wipe my ass... :s

• 9 months later...

Anyone here used to play F-19 Stealth Fighter?

Now that... that was a simulator, and I don't care how pixelated it was. 

I've played that in my childhood, I can barely remember the whole thing and for many years it was like I had it removed from my memories, just years ago it popped-up when I was doing some research on my very old Amiga games. I was quite surprised.

So you are not alone. ^_^

So far people talk about the most popular games like:

DMC4, Assassins Creed, Skyrim, Call of Duty, etc. but, Am I the only one who plays simulator games? I just bought Euro Truck Simulator 2 and after some years of getting mods for ETS 1 and played until almost the apocalypse, now I get a new gem. i also play Flight Simulator X, Train simulator and some others (they are cheap, or atleast cheaper than the common popular game).

I know my chances to drive a real airplane, train or a big truck are slim to none but, who cares? i find it really exciting.

what im trying to say is that i find myself more comforatble driving a truck, watching the rain outside my window and hearing Johnny Cash, than killing koreans, russians and whatever, using big guns and grenades. I really cant be the only one.

Right now if you want to play train simulator 2 with all of its dlc, you have to pay $3285.34 USD, I wouldn't call that cheap.

I am also into simulators. Currently I play GTR2, Race07, rFactor, GTL and Euro Truck Simulator 2 on daily basis.

I was also pretty active in racing leagues a few years back, but now these days I'm only racing on a casual level.

Never on public servers thou. I hate wreckers, they deserve and bullet to the head.

Most of my friends know I am into racing, but none knows I play ETS2. I don't really know how to explain that to them :lol:

You just can't explain it, It's a game "you need to play yourself to understand" kinda game.

Funny thing is, I don't own a car, or don't even have a driver license either.

But I still use steering wheel (G27) with no aids turned on. Maybe auto clutch depending on the game.

The sims.2

I am in the same boat as Emily. I played the Sims 2 and I own the Sims 3 and every expansion for it. Except Sweet Treats bundle. I am not playing it now but when my interest goes back to it I can be the guy who spends 6 hours building a house. These games are fun to me. Am currently waiting for the Sims 4.

Archived