Just out of curiosity how far into a playthrough would you say is to far to begin missing major things? I know you've stated Ivy is meant to be used from the moment you walk out the vault, in my playthrough i've only done the first event in Concord story-wise (doing a hardcore playthrough, just doing that and exploring to the south was a 8+ hour undertaking) 

Should everything be running smooth with Ivy under those circumstances? ((tried previous versions btw, Ivy is a true thing a beauty))

12 minutes ago, Valenion said:

Just out of curiosity how far into a playthrough would you say is to far to begin missing major things? I know you've stated Ivy is meant to be used from the moment you walk out the vault, in my playthrough i've only done the first event in Concord story-wise (doing a hardcore playthrough, just doing that and exploring to the south was a 8+ hour undertaking) 

Should everything be running smooth with Ivy under those circumstances? ((tried previous versions btw, Ivy is a true thing a beauty))

You will miss some quest integration with her and a chance to boost her affinity through a bonus. There's no technical issues in the way of recruiting her.

Does no AFT mean don't use AFT on Ivy or that I can't even have AFT installed? I hope it's the former, be cause I can't give up AFT. The earlier version seems to work fine when AFT is installed.

Edit: this question was answered in existing documentation. Essentially it may work but it's not supported. Also AFT may break the vanilla follower system on which Ivy relies and since it's closed source Ivy cannot be made compatible.

Reginald, are you a wizard?

One word - Masterpiece.

Nothing more, nothing less.

I only scratch surface with Ivy 5.0, with Start Me Up, around Sanctuary, so far so good.

I have some questions though about Ivy 5.0. How deep her dialogue is connected around main FO4 story line (vanila game)?

How will affect her Outcast And Remnants, Project Valkyrie and Depravity?

Because this mods totally changed main story line.

And sincere thanks for this really great companion and your hard work.

40 minutes ago, SilentWanderer said:

Reginald, are you a wizard?

One word - Masterpiece.

Nothing more, nothing less.

I only scratch surface with Ivy 5.0, with Start Me Up, around Sanctuary, so far so good.

Thanks!!! :)

I have some questions though about Ivy 5.0. How deep her dialogue is connected around main FO4 story line (vanila game)?

She is integrated in about 20% of the main quest dialogue.

How will affect her Outcast And Remnants, Project Valkyrie and Depravity?

Because this mods totally changed main story line.

Unknown at this time but there shouldn't be any major issues or conflicts.

And sincere thanks for this really great companion and your hard work.

Thanks! :)

1 hour ago, Nickolos1818 said:

Nice, grats and thanks for this!   I have a lot of mods that require XDI so sadly can't try this out until I do a new profile.

See the Documentation section in the blog for information about XDI and an alternative. People have been using XDI without issues with Ivy.

On my Ivy profile, I had to make a choice between Ivy and Just Business (requires XDI). I will miss Just Business...

Ivy is playable with XDI - just all the dialogue prompts are messed up, and it is hard navigating by position (remember - bottom entry is Service Menu).

Now if someone came up with an Ivy XDI patch, like was done for Heather... Man that would be appreciated.

2 hours ago, theodor9099 said:

Great mod, loving her so far and damn she's funny as hell. 

P.S - Where in concord civic can i find the hyper combat holotape? can't seem to find it anywhere.  Thanks

In the main room, step over the main sewage pipe, there's a small room to the left with a yellow crate. Unlock the crate and there it is. :)

1 hour ago, fred200 said:

On my Ivy profile, I had to make a choice between Ivy and Just Business (requires XDI). I will miss Just Business...

Ivy is playable with XDI - just all the dialogue prompts are messed up, and it is hard navigating by position (remember - bottom entry is Service Menu).

Now if someone came up with an Ivy XDI patch, like was done for Heather... Man that would be appreciated.

I heard that FDI is a good alternative to XDI. There was a patch for Ivy and now that she's an ESM I'm sure that someone will create a patch for her again.

32 minutes ago, Sakatraka said:

1 - A piece of digital art

2 - A-M-A-Z-I-N-G !!!

3 -

oscars 2015 yes GIF by The Academy Awards

Thank you!!

Got version 5.0 running.  So far, pretty cool.  Robot voice is, of course, irritating.  Wish the tease of maybe an Australian accent or something interesting were real. 

I picked her up prior to talking to Codsworth on a new run.  No major issues encountered.  A couple of very minor issues found:

• On WIVS radio it sounds like she said "presend" the voucher instead of "present".  Could just be robotic pronunciation.
  • Didn't turn around and one of the thing she says is that my bill is "raking" up instead of "racking" up.  It's in the voice and subtitle.
  • Pressing R to play the holotape, instead of taking it, didn't trigger any sort of stealing reaction even though, after playing, it's in my inventory.  Probably a vanilla issue.
  • Reloading to the autosave created on entering the cellar bypassed the first sequence, but reloading outside, prior to entry, reset everything.  Could be a vanilla issue.

Is this the best place to tell you about this?  Is this stuff you want to know about?

11 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Regarding the keyword if you place before AK, you loose the keyword, after AK you loose a line of dialogue when Ivy wears a gassmask, it's up to you.

Couldn't I use a xEdit patch to resolve the keyword dilemma and keep Ivy's dialogue? I created one but not sure if I did it right or if it kept it intact.

18 minutes ago, wdaigle said:

Got version 5.0 running.  So far, pretty cool.  Robot voice is, of course, irritating.  Wish the tease of maybe an Australian accent or something interesting were real. 

I picked her up prior to talking to Codsworth on a new run.  No major issues encountered.  A couple of very minor issues found:

• On WIVS radio it sounds like she said "presend" the voucher instead of "present".  Could just be robotic pronunciation.
  • Didn't turn around and one of the thing she says is that my bill is "raking" up instead of "racking" up.  It's in the voice and subtitle.
  • Pressing R to play the holotape, instead of taking it, didn't trigger any sort of stealing reaction even though, after playing, it's in my inventory.  Probably a vanilla issue.
  • Reloading to the autosave created on entering the cellar bypassed the first sequence, but reloading outside, prior to entry, reset everything.  Could be a vanilla issue.

Is this the best place to tell you about this?  Is this stuff you want to know about?

Always, thanks for the input! I think you missed the announcement about Ivy's voice actress? :)

On 12/14/2019 at 4:09 PM, Reginald_001 said:

Announcement

What better way than to begin the release of 5.0 with a proper news announcement? And it's a doozy as well..

A new voice actress will be revealed together with the trailer of Ivy 6.0. She is both awesome and awe-inspiring and my lips are sealed until the trailers have been made.

More information in January!

19 minutes ago, Hippeus said:

Couldn't I use a xEdit patch to resolve the keyword dilemma and keep Ivy's dialogue? I created one but not sure if I did it right or if it kept it intact.

I don't see why not. It's just one keyword. :)

IMPORTANT: Version 5.1 release

A bug was identified where the NPC's did not have voice files during Ivy's Main Affinity quest.

This has been addressed and fixed.

You can simply overwrite the current mod with this one and continue playing where you were.

Identified bug: I made a boo-boo

I think having a voice actress would really elevate this to greater heights.

For example, when Piper talks about her father's death, the voice actress did a marvelous job where her pitch changes abruptly when she tried to finish this sentence

Well one day, our Dad turns up dead

It was as if the sentence was stuck in her throat as the emotions welled up

Just that one performance in that one sentence made her real and relatable

I personally will wait until Ivy 6.0 whenever that is. Thank you sir for your great work and I hope the actress you found can make this mod even greater.

7 hours ago, Hyxis said:

Hello , first of all congrats on the release ! starting a new save right away for this masterpiece ! Now, i was wondering how can i change her appearance ? I remember the console commands for 4.0 but it doesnt seem to work with 5.0 , Thanks ! 

You should be able to just click on Ivy in console then just slm her id number.

6 hours ago, Celedhring said:

I deleted XDI..it was messing up the conversation menu.  Do I need 5.1 since I can't hear...I assume that's just for voice files?

For now 5.1 just voice files, yes. But best to install it.

1 hour ago, GreaseFactory said:

What does the magazine add-on do? Does it replace vanilla magazines or are they standalone? I have an existing magazine texture mod that I don't want to overwrite, but I want the whole Ivy experience...

It ADDS 78 magazines. Ivy does not overwrite anything. :)

7 hours ago, Hyxis said:

Hello , first of all congrats on the release ! starting a new save right away for this masterpiece ! Now, i was wondering how can i change her appearance ? I remember the console commands for 4.0 but it doesnt seem to work with 5.0 , Thanks ! 

Please RTFM. :)

(Scroll down to the Advanced Gameplay Guide)