Dark Bloodlines

Bucky

I'm about 2/3 done with the translation.

Lesson learned: this is tiring.

Oh, and Gro-Zeran reminds me of a joke about a Chukcha in a taxi:

Гро-Зеран неплохой охотник.

Гро-Зеран хороший охотник. Если Гро-Зеран дверь не открыл, бабка бы живой ушел.

I propose the wording be officially modified. Just for shits and giggles.

I'm about 2/3 done with the translation.

Lesson learned: this is tiring.

Oh' date=' and Gro-Zeran reminds me of a joke about a Chukcha in a taxi:

Гро-Зеран неплохой охотник.

Гро-Зеран хороший охотник. Если Гро-Зеран дверь не открыл, бабка бы живой ушел.

I propose the wording be officially modified. Just for shits and giggles.

Gro-Zeran is a true orc and cannot normally speak ). Just as me on english :blush:

Heh, this experience made me appreciate Russian a lot more.

I learned new English slang today! mibbling. It's awesome, because I had no idea how to say 'мямлить' in English.

Question: Амель был мужчина, но у части души Амеля есть какой-нибудь пол? (Т.е. не только грамматический род) По Английском, сущность Ярости Амеля будет просто 'it'?

Yes, i think so. Every part soul of Amel not something like living being. Every part according to one of human (Amel) sins, like Rage, Lust, Greed and other 4.

In the end of story Player must gather all of them by defeating other owners to cure his curse. And every sin will add new powers to player.

In version 2.0 player will find first sin and get the curse.

Amel Curse makes player to kill a certain amount of creatures and npc, before curse lvl can be decreased. Every day player spending without killing anyone will increase level of curse.

*In next version of mod power of curse and number of creatures needed to be killed are reduced.

Если они будут как смертные грехи, может лучше 'гнев' а не 'ярость'?

'Агронар То-Гир' а не 'Агронар гро-Гир'? Lore:

Orc family names are always prefixed depending on gender, "gro-" for males, and "gra-" for females, and are followed by the father's or mother's name, depending on gender.

Но у меня только US Oblivion. Как это в русской версии я не знаю.

"Дрожащие тени откроют путь к сиянию" ~ тени как нежить или просто как тени (я переводил это как wraith, монстры в Oblivion)

--- Translation Progress:

About 85%. There are 1628 strings the mod, and I have 233 to go.

Kind of unmotivated because I lost a lot of work earlier, but now I'm backing the file more often...

I figured it's meant to be cryptic, but since I've not played the mod yet, sometimes I have to guess at the context. Thanks.

Edit: In that vein, 'Faceless Shadow' or 'Faceless Wraith'? (He's kind of undead, too, or so I gather from the text.)

Also: "что делает из них хороших разведчиков и скаутов" я не знал что тут какайта разница

Goddamn fuck fuckitty fuck won't recompile. Anyone know how to make TES editor not shit itself when scripts contain non-ASCII comment blocks?

Edit: Screw it, I went in and removed the Russian comments from the scripts entirely.

Seems to work, but I get a crash on using Ripper.

Loaded original RU .esp, still crashes, so it might be some other conflict rather than a borked translation.

I did a lot of bug fixes since version 2.0.. But 2.0 was pretty stable. Maybe its just conflict of plugins...

Scripts must be recompile with OBSE v19+. When i did translate some of jap plugins it recompile even jap hieroglyphs...

Ill try to comment on english. Anyway you can delete those comments - they are useless ingame.

Х

I figured it's meant to be cryptic' date=' but since I've not played the mod yet, sometimes I have to guess at the context. Thanks.

Edit: In that vein, 'Faceless Shadow' or 'Faceless Wraith'? (He's [i']kind of[/i] undead, too, or so I gather from the text.)

Also: "что делает из них хороших разведчиков и скаутов" я не знал что тут какайта разница

You were right - its a ghost and "faceless wraith" would be better. And about scouts.. Its no different between them.

"what makes them good scouts"

Thank you for careful translation )

Does anyone know where any of the bandit leaders are that you are meant to kill for the fourth contract you get(the one where your turn in 10 bandit and 5 leader heads)? ive got about 40 bandit heads and haven't found a single leader >.

Does anyone know where Holocron? is it in Venladius House or The Bridgeinn???

That's my fault. The quest text was cut off for some reason.

После получения платы за информацию' date=' Тревир рассказал мне, что ему уадолсь узнать: преступник неплохо разбирается в магии, либо знаком с магом. Преступник недавно поселился в городе. Также Тревиру удалось выкупить одно из используемых преступником магических устройств Ведуса. Мне следует проследить за ним после окончания его работы в конюшне.[/quote']

Which should read:

Upon receiving payment for the information, Trevir has told me what he found out: the offender is competent in magic, or is assisted by someone who is, and has recently moved into town. Trevir also managed to buy one of the magical devices used by the criminal. I should see what he does after work at the stables.

The underlined part is missing.

I'll put out a fix for this soon, and also remove some minor spelling errors.

Edit: I've posted a revision that fixes the cut-off quest log entry (and also includes readme)

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=1394

The quest log tells you what to do. Spoiler:

zBHOrder242Q[50] I have the holocron of Vedus' adventures with the guard's wife. Trevir needs to see this.

zBHOrder242Q[60] Trevir managed to find out the identity of the perpetrator--he believes that this is a high elf named Hatin, who was recently bought a house not far from the city. Unfortunately, we have no hard proof. Trevir learned of Hatin from Kerna Venladius, the wife of Patris Venladius. I should talk to her.

zBHOrder242Q[70] Kerna agreed to help me get the evidence. She arranged a meeting with Hatin at the Cheydinhal Bridge Inn, following which I will need to follow them to the Vendandius home. While Kerna will 'distract' him, I can get the holocron from the table in the second floor bedroom.

zBHOrder242Q[80] I'm at the Cheydinhal Bridge Inn. Now I need to follow Hatin and Kerna to the Venladius home.

Though I haven't played the mod to that point myself yet, but both Kerna and the quest log tells you where it is.

I finished the D rank contract. but i could found the C rank contract? is there any level requirement or something? I started a fresh new game and my char still lvl 5. thx. and the wraith quest, what should I do after meeting him on the anvil tavern..

Which one is Rank D? If it's for Agronar gro-Gir, then they're all like that, there being an identical "Contract Rank C". I didn't even think it was implemented, since he doesn't occur anywhere in the dialogue. If it is, it probably spawns randomly or depending on level.

The Faceless Wraith should inform you what do during your meeting in Anvil. Beware of spoilers:

zBHShadowQ2_1 There is but one way to lift the curse--to absorb all of the essences of Amel, and completely seal his soul in temple of the Apostles.

zBHShadowQ2_2 It appears that you've been possessed by the essence of the Fury of Amel.

zBHShadowQ2_3 You must go to Ether and absorb it. Then you will be able to control it, though you would still need to kill every day.

zBHShadowQ2_4 Otherwise, the essence will take over your body. But at least this will allow you the time to search for other essences.

zBHShadowQ2_5 On the table is a crystal that will take you to Ether. When you arrive there, there will be no way back until you absorb the Essence of Fury.

zBHShadowQ2_6 Fury is one of the strongest parts of Amel's soul and to overcome it, I will send you to the Sanctuary.

zBHShadowQ2_7 You must find the sacred artifacts--the Blade of Necklace of Ether. With their help, you will be able to defeat the carrier of the essence and absorb it.

What to do from there onwards, I'm not so sure about. Yeah, pay attention. ^_^;

I finished the D rank contract. but i could found the C rank contract? is there any level requirement or something? I started a fresh new game and my char still lvl 5. thx. and the wraith quest' date=' what should I do after meeting him on the anvil tavern..

[/quote']

There are no contract quests after rank D. It will be added in next versions of plugin. Im working on it.

Archived