[GR] Equippable Inari Ears and Tails SE SMP Spaz490 Re

Help, I'm getting this issue where her tail isn't attached, but is stuck on the ground (I'm guessing that's the origin point). It doesn't have any physics either.

I've got XP32 installed and everything, not sure what to do, it's driving me mad!!! It's gotta be a skeleton issue but i just don't know how to fix it/why its happening...

I had literally made this account solely for your mod, and it worked beautifully until i had to fix my mod manager after i reset my C drive.

d.PNG

Spoiler
2 hours ago, ijustneedthetail said:

Help, I'm getting this issue where her tail isn't attached, but is stuck on the ground (I'm guessing that's the origin point). It doesn't have any physics either.

I've got XP32 installed and everything, not sure what to do, it's driving me mad!!! It's gotta be a skeleton issue but i just don't know how to fix it/why its happening...

I had literally made this account solely for your mod, and it worked beautifully until i had to fix my mod manager after i reset my C drive.

d.PNG

1. Try creating a new character and seeing if it is broken on a Khajiit or Argonian race because their tails should  be connected to the same area of the skeleton.

2. Trying reinstalling the mod and all its requirments. 

HDT SMP                                     https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/30872

hdtSSEFramework                       https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/31021

hdtSSEPhysics                             https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/31021

XPMSSE skeleton                        ***** Make sure absolutely NOTHING overwrites the character skeletons. 

3. See if installing CBPC helps at all.    https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/21224

This is where it is important to know what mods you have installed ,and more  importantly what they are doing, Try removing any mods that you think could cause any conflict what so ever.

If everything worked just fine until you reset your hard drive and you haven't added or removed any mods from your load order then there's probably something in your data folder that is causing problems.  If your mod manager allows it, try the following: 

4.  Disable or remove all mods that are not required for the mod to work from you Data folder  and try the tail on a new character. The only thing you should have installed are the mod requirments, Add Item menu, your body replacer mod, and Alternate start Live Another Life. Try and repeat step 2

If none of the above works then you need to get serious. Normally I wouldn't recommend such extreme actions for a problem this small but if your drive got messed up then its might be baked into your skyrim install now. Delete Skyrim and delete everything left in your Skyrim folder, Deleted any trace of your Skyrim install! Reinstall  Skyrim then repeat step 4 

• 1 month later...
On 8/23/2020 at 9:14 AM, 2AR2 said:

When the tail works, it's beautiful. However, every now and then it kind of flips out, and disappears and takes my framerate with it. I originally thought it was because the clothing I was using was also SMP simulated, but that doesn't appear to be the case, as once I switched the clothing to use a simpler physics instead, it continues to happen. At this point the ears and tail are the only thing still using SMP so I'm at a loss as to what is happening.

I recently added this to my mod list for my Skyrim and have been having a similar issue. I originally assumed that it was my ENB causing problems (The depth of field and bloom would bug out beyond belief when this issue reared its ugly head) but then the same issue cropped up even after temporarily disabling it for testing purposes. It's been driving me crazy because I have been encountering the problem a lot. It happens a lot when exiting buildings, after concluding scenes with flower girls and/or sexLab, and happened multiple times while climbing toward High Hrothgar. I figured out that unequipping the tail temporarily solves the problem but the problem resurfaces as soon as it is re-equipped. The only way that seems to fix the issue properly (At least for a decent amount of time) was to save and restart the game from desktop.

• 2 weeks later...

Dunno if anyone else has had this problem, but if you're breasts or butts have been spazzing out when equipping these tails, I've added onto another user's post here and reduced the collision margins for the tails to -1. Don't really know much about hdt physics or this sort of thing, but that seems to have fixed my problems. 

foxtail.xml

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, clone501 said:

when i put on the tail the game crashes i used mod manager the ears  go on fine but when i use add item and equip the tail the game crashes idk what i did

LOOT tends to put the mod AFTER XP32 skeleton, and it need to be before. I had the exact same issue for a while before I figure it out and now it works properly

100 % CTD on equipping a tail now.

It was working fine before (and it is gorgeous btw) and still is working prefectly with the last hdt and skeleton when no other mods are installed. But in one particular load order it just does not work now.

So it is the matter of conflict with something. Nothing overwrites the skeleton and overall the order (on neither left nor right panel in MO2) does not seem to matter. Could it be Nemesis and 360 behavior?

To test if tails at all would work I tried the Equipable Beast Tails - HDT SMP (Physics) on that same load order and it works just fine.

Hello friends. Thanks for supporting the project, unfortunately I cannot continue working on it yet. but I really hope for the future and will try to add everything I thought of and fix the mistakes. thank you so so much!! I could not even have thought that such a simple mod would interest the players so much. Its amazing, really.. ill try

• 2 weeks later...

This is good mod, love the way it looks. I do seem to have one technical problem though. The mod only seems to work perfectly with the poke race character. Meaning I can equip both the ears and the tail to the same character if he or she is that race. With the vanilla Nord race, however, I can only apply the ears. Equipping the tail causes the game to crash. I don't know what's causing the game to crash when I equip the tail to other races. I do have all the required supplementary mods and LOOT seems to have put them in the correct load order.

On 2/2/2021 at 6:19 PM, Gromilla said:

Hello friends. Thanks for supporting the project, unfortunately I cannot continue working on it yet. but I really hope for the future and will try to add everything I thought of and fix the mistakes. thank you so so much!! I could not even have thought that such a simple mod would interest the players so much. Its amazing, really.. ill try

Hey Gromilla, thanks for all the design and support you've put into this mod. It works for me and I really love it. I've taken up maintaining a couple mods from authors that have either left or don't have time, would you mind if I did the same for yours here?

On 16.02.2021 at 11:52 AM, pnmcnl said:

Hey Gromilla, thanks for all the design and support you've put into this mod. It works for me and I really love it. I've taken up maintaining a couple mods from authors that have either left or don't have time, would you mind if I did the same for yours here?

Hello. sorry, i'm russian i don't trust strangers :) why do you need this? I have pm. there people write a lot of different things and not always pleasant. But I try to answer everyone. (not always pleasant, but always honest).

and I don't want to give up this project. we will make it great! :) Yes friends?

I want to adapt it to emotions, add animations and add a change in the position of the tail from the emotions of the character. (pipe tail as an example) adapt for race and some else