[GR] Equippable Inari Ears and Tails SE SMP Spaz490 Re

On 1/13/2023 at 5:21 AM, spaz490 said:

GR Inari Ears & Tails SMP SE v2.3

an extensive rework on the mod

V2.3:

• hair with tips ears/tails - added 12 color options for the tips
  • tail bodyslide - added a custom slider to shorten the tail - removed 3ba sliders
  • ear bodyslide - added slider to adjust the size and placement of the ears
  • adjusted the names of the tails for better viewing and list ordering 
  • mod installs as a FOMod with options for the tip colors - bright or dark colors

V2.2:

• textures are now 4k
  • rebalanced the colors of the red and orange ears to better match the tails
  • new normal map for the tail
  • new spec/alpha applied to the ear and tail normal maps
  • spec values in the NIFs rebalanced for the texture adjustments
  • tails wont have the yellow/green spec most visible with ENBs
  • added the big tail, 3 tails, 5 tails, and 9 tails to the ESP. all color and hair color options available
  • SMP XML for the tails fixed and have collisions
  • ear fur has been centered on the ears and now include a zap slider to remove them if wanted
  • keywords added to the entries to be enchanted as if a helmet and jewelry
  • fox pelt added to the crafting recipes
  • sell value, based on crafting cost, given to the tails and ears so crafting xp is earned while crafting them
  • ESP is now flagged as light so it doesn't count towards plugin limit
  • the only asset that wasn't adjusted in some way was the ear SMP XML
  • that should cover the bulk of it might be forgetting to mention some other minor changes

note: if viewed with the bodyslide preview window the big tail, 3 tails, 5 tails, 9 tails will appear as if they are a normal sized single tail

the objects are skinned into place and the preview window doesn't show the skinned positions

note: for people making ESP adjustments the editor ID names have been changed to be more descriptive on what each one is. giving them names instead of numbers

remove any old versions of the mod before install

use bodyslide to access custom sliders

previews shown using with acro's tera elin race

preview 1 - 9 tails: https://gfycat.com/blushingunevengelding

preview 2 - 3 tails: https://gfycat.com/brokensardonicirishwaterspaniel

preview 3 - 3 tails blue body & hair https://gfycat.com/hatefuldamagedirishwaterspaniel

preview 4 - 5 tails hair color with red tips https://gfycat.com/klutzybigheartedbluetickcoonhound

GR Inari EarsTails SMP SE v2.3.7z

Hello again, good man!

I have a little trouble with equipping a tail to a certain NPC. The problem is called CTD. It happens with one NPC only, it is not a case with others, so it was not the case with original mod. Do you have any ideas what causes this?

The NPC I am talking about is Mirai (from Nexus), with skin overhaul called MyMirai, in which I manually changed files for body and removed hair with SSEdit. I know it is a lot happening, but I like her with red tail so much!

On 2/12/2023 at 10:44 PM, Dazdraperma said:

Hello again, good man!

I have a little trouble with equipping a tail to a certain NPC. The problem is called CTD. It happens with one NPC only, it is not a case with others, so it was not the case with original mod. Do you have any ideas what causes this?

The NPC I am talking about is Mirai (from Nexus), with skin overhaul called MyMirai, in which I manually changed files for body and removed hair with SSEdit. I know it is a lot happening, but I like her with red tail so much!

Hi again! I checked... Original mod works no more, neither does it work with a follower without overhaul. Does anyone have any ideas what might have gone wrong? May it be something with skeleton? I recently swithced to Vera's skeleton.

• 2 weeks later...

I was having the very same issue, I think its because Inari tails has a folder it shouldnt touch in

"InariTail_Racemenu v2.3.1\meshes\actors\character\facegenmorphs\"

I deleted "RaceMenu.esp" folder and added

[Male]
Inari_Ears        =  4, HeadPart, 34
[Male]
Inari_Tails        =  4, HeadPart, 40

[Female]
[Female]

into "InariTail_Racemenu v2.3.1\meshes\actors\character\facegenmorphs\InariTail_RM_2-2.esp\sliders\human.ini"

Now it works as intended too, before I had lost the high poly preset and also the expressions tab in racemenu.

41 minutes ago, irhygin said:

I was having the very same issue, I think its because Inari tails has a folder it shouldnt touch in

[Male]
[Male]

[Female]
[Female]

into "InariTail_Racemenu v2.3.1\meshes\actors\character\facegenmorphs\InariTail_RM_2-2.esp\sliders\human.ini"

Now it works as intended too, before I had lost the high poly preset and also the expressions tab in racemenu.

that worked thank you for the help 1821759929_SkyrimSE2023-02-2616-36-05.png.dd568dfa2fef026d9fd078a2f85a6cc0.png663048639_SkyrimSE2023-02-2616-37-22.png.74473a84a2639848616138138e617040.png

On 2/16/2023 at 4:21 AM, darkmad29 said:

InariTail_Racemenu v2.3.1 glitch out High Poly Head face part sliders removing mod fixes it

On 2/27/2023 at 8:03 AM, irhygin said:

[Male]
[Male]

[Female]
[Female]

Thanks to both of you for picking up my blunder, I'm still finding my way with this stuff. Irhygin, I tried incorporating your fix but for some reason it would only show the tails on males, not sure what I did wrong there. So instead I changed the "RaceMenu.esp" folder to "GR Inari EarsTails SMP.esp" (see attached). This should have the same effect as your fix avoiding conflicts with High Poly Head. Let me know if there's any issues. 

InariTail_Racemenu v2.3.2.zip

Not sure if anyone has already requested this, but has anyone made a patch for the ears and tails that are either static or simply sway back and forth like a khajiit tail? I play on Xbox Series X and port content over for myself for strictly personal use, and HDT/SMP and most other physics do not work on console at all, they're simply not supported unfortunately. If I knew how to remove the physics and reweight the tails and ears I would do so myself, but sadly my skills are lacking in the weighting/physics department on how to do this. If anyone has already done this, or could point me in the right direction, I would be extremely appreciative! ❤️

On 3/2/2023 at 6:22 AM, irhygin said:

Because you left the "InariTail_RM_2-2.esp" in there too I guess, you gonna gotta leave one with the same name as the .esp for consistency I believe.

Yeah, From what I understand the file names need to match with an active plugin and my racemenu patch and the main Inari Tail mod are the safes ones. Unfortunately I couldn't get the ear and tails to work in the same folder consistently so I had to use both.  Also, I wanted it to stay compatible with the current TeraElin race patch for those that use it so I didn't update the esp name.

On 3/4/2023 at 5:43 PM, Jysshio said:

Probably a dumb question but does anyone know how to change the color of the tips? I have the ear and tails selected in racemenu with HairTip at the end but not sure how to actually adjust the color.

There are only white tips available for the racemenu addon at the moment. If you're interested in experimenting with nifscope you can change the default colors yourself by redirecting the relevant nif file to a different texture file, there are several youtube tutorials out there. If you're talking about the tail itself and not the tip it matches your hair color.

If you want more control of the tail colors and sizes you're better of using the equipped versions which has that functionality built in.

Edited by Kuand
On 3/5/2023 at 4:29 PM, chaosdragon27 said:

So, I was trying to create a snow fox character using the Lykaios race and the white tail from this mod. Anyone know how I might go about getting my fur color as white as the tails' color?

Have you tried the white retexture for the Lykaios race?

White Lykaios retexture at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

Otherwise you can always open up the .dds files in paint.net or gimp to adjust to your preferences.

On 3/3/2023 at 8:17 PM, Dominicm1990 said:

Not sure if anyone has already requested this, but has anyone made a patch for the ears and tails that are either static or simply sway back and forth like a khajiit tail? I play on Xbox Series X and port content over for myself for strictly personal use, and HDT/SMP and most other physics do not work on console at all, they're simply not supported unfortunately. If I knew how to remove the physics and reweight the tails and ears I would do so myself, but sadly my skills are lacking in the weighting/physics department on how to do this. If anyone has already done this, or could point me in the right direction, I would be extremely appreciative! ❤️

I looked into the khajiit tail nif files and it looks like they use a default animation, like any movement or idle animation. I think it's race specific and need's to be identified as a body part in the same slot that the khajiit tail uses. If you had the experience you might be able to get it to work with a human racemenu addon? I have no idea with this stuff though.

Screenshot 2023-03-07 005923.jpg

2 hours ago, Kuand said:

Have you tried the white retexture for the Lykaios race?

White Lykaios retexture at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

Otherwise you can always open up the .dds files in paint.net or gimp to adjust to your preferences.

Unfortunately that's for UNP and I'm using 3BA. I'll have to look into those .dds files, I'm very much a clueless gamer, lol

On 3/4/2023 at 1:43 AM, Jysshio said:

Probably a dumb question but does anyone know how to change the color of the tips? I have the ear and tails selected in racemenu with HairTip at the end but not sure how to actually adjust the color.

You need to recolor the specific texture of the tail tip.  Was there a color you where looking for?

11 hours ago, Gromilla said:

OnceALeader ?? ! 

I added your version to the main page. Thank you!

Friends!

I have updated the main page. If you have any suggestions or comments, I'm waiting for you here. Thanks for loving this mod. You are best!!!

Thanks Gromilla, it's looking good. Didn't spaz490 add 3 tail variants (3, 5 and 9)?  

Also, I updated the RaceMenu addon to a FOMOD to let people choose what colors they want in RaceMenu. It's still a lot more limited than the equipable version but is useful for playing with mods that control your inventory (e.g. death alternatives and SD). I also updated the elin race patch in the FOMOD to include the ear sliders.

Please let me know if I overstep with any of this and thanks for all your work.  

Inari Tails RaceMenu_FOMOD Installer_2.3.3.7z