[GR] Equippable Inari Ears and Tails SE SMP Spaz490 Re

On 3/8/2023 at 1:19 PM, Kuand said:

Thanks Gromilla, it's looking good. Didn't spaz490 add 3 tail variants (3, 5 and 9)?  

Also, I updated the RaceMenu addon to a FOMOD to let people choose what colors they want in RaceMenu. It's still a lot more limited than the equipable version but is useful for playing with mods that control your inventory (e.g. death alternatives and SD). I also updated the elin race patch in the FOMOD to include the ear sliders.

Please let me know if I overstep with any of this and thanks for all your work.  

Inari Tails RaceMenu_FOMOD Installer_2.3.3.7z 7.67 MB · 33 downloads

This version doesn't work for me. The sliders show up, but they aren't showing the ears or tails

The previous version (on page 10 (2.3.2)) works fine though

12 hours ago, Literally just a cat said:

This version doesn't work for me. The sliders show up, but they aren't showing the ears or tails

The previous version (on page 10 (2.3.2)) works fine though

Thanks, I'll look into it. In the meantime is this on a new game and do you have any of the racemenu tail patches installed and active? They'll prevent the sliders from working on vanilla races due to the changed headpart. 

6 hours ago, Kuand said:

Thanks, I'll look into it. In the meantime is this on a new game and do you have any of the racemenu tail patches installed and active? They'll prevent the sliders from working on vanilla races due to the changed headpart. 

It's not a new savegame, but it didn't have any previous versions of the tails (racemenu or regular equipable) on that save

And by patches, if you mean for the custom races, then no, I don't have any of those

5 hours ago, Literally just a cat said:

It's not a new savegame, but it didn't have any previous versions of the tails (racemenu or regular equipable) on that save

And by patches, if you mean for the custom races, then no, I don't have any of those

I did change the names, but not the form id's, of the tails and ears in the esps. That might be your issue? If so using the old executable with the new meshes should work. The mesh names and paths have all stayed the same. 

1 hour ago, Kazyachka said:
A virus has been detected, I can't download the archive

im guessing you are talking about the google link. you might be mistranslating the google page. 
when you go to download it, google says "the file is to large to scan for viruses". not that it has one.
it is safe to download.

Edited by spaz490

I'm having an issue where the meshes do not appear  using the racemenu sliders. I can adjust the sliders but nothing appears. I can use the equipable ones just fine but would prefer to use the racemenu ones instead. I have the main mod, 3BA bodyslide files, and the racemenu fomod installer and installed. I built the meshes in bodyslide and everything. Am I missing something?

2 hours ago, Spookghost said:

I have this issue where every time I equip a tail my game crashes to desktop. I have tried using NIF Optimizer but that didn't fix the problem. I have all the required files as far as I know and I'm even using 3BA body. Is there a fix for this?

• make sure you have SKSE that matches your game version.
  • make sure you have faster-SMP that matches your SKSE, game version, and CPU/GPU
  • make sure you have CBPC that matches your SKSE and game version
  • make sure your CPU and GPU aren't potatoes
4 hours ago, spaz490 said:

that is not windows defender saying that, it is the google server.

and to repeat myself it dosnt say anything about there being a virus the google server is saying that it didnt scan for one

google dosnt scan large files, so if google didnt scan it and you didnt download it to be able to scan it how would you know if there was a virus or not

how can windows defender scan a file if you havnt even clicked the download button

I've tried downloading the file a couple of times now. And every time defender removes the .7z archive from my downloads folder warning about a trojan. No idea if it's a false positive.

defender.png

bruh why is the main file called view, thought that was some LL weirdness and only grabed the FOMOD for racemenu. Losts of CTDs on logo

Also who put a dam trojan on the funny tail mod

looks like defender is being odd, rearchiving the file as a new 7z stops defender from complaining

Edited by unit098
2 hours ago, Anotlate said:

I've tried downloading the file a couple of times now. And every time defender removes the .7z archive from my downloads folder warning about a trojan. No idea if it's a false positive.

defender.png

after looking into it the newest version with the texture resolution options somehow picked up a virus.

i will need to redo the texture sizes and add onto the FOMod installer again for the texture sizes

try this zip. I repackaged the files into a new ZIP

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DKqrMVYBnhM_JPmTQMvD_yJ9gwZ5uaoL/view?usp=share_link

Edited by spaz490
more info
6 minutes ago, unit098 said:

bruh why is the main file called view, thought that was some LL weirdness and only grabed the FOMOD for racemenu. Losts of CTDs on logo

LL dosnt let you change the names of linked download sites. it uses parts of the URLs name

On 3/6/2023 at 6:07 AM, Kuand said:

I looked into the khajiit tail nif files and it looks like they use a default animation, like any movement or idle animation. I think it's race specific and need's to be identified as a body part in the same slot that the khajiit tail uses. If you had the experience you might be able to get it to work with a human racemenu addon? I have no idea with this stuff though.

Screenshot 2023-03-07 005923.jpg

Oh nice, I'll have to look into that, thank you!

hello friends, due to questions about viruses, I created a repository (or hub in modern terms) to store all mod files. Links added to home page. The main archives of the mod have been checked and updated (archived in zip and 7z separately) for convenience. The content has not changed! Check. Good luck!

On 3/19/2023 at 11:27 AM, MarinaraSole75 said:

I'm having an issue where the meshes do not appear  using the racemenu sliders. I can adjust the sliders but nothing appears. I can use the equipable ones just fine but would prefer to use the racemenu ones instead. I have the main mod, 3BA bodyslide files, and the racemenu fomod installer and installed. I built the meshes in bodyslide and everything. Am I missing something?

Do you have any race patches (e.g. terra elin race) for the racemenu sliders enabled? They unfortunately only work with their designated race and are incompatible with vanilla races. If not it may be a racemenu ini file issue. Unfortunately I don't have the time to troubleshoot and support atm due to RL. If the earlier racemenu tail patch works for you you can safely use that one with the meshes from the newer fomod. Simply disable or delete everything except the meshes\actors\character\character assets folder from the fomod installation and let it overwrite the other racemenu tail patch. 

Removing Joy of Perspective (using the instructions by ArranzCNL) fixed my CTDs when equipping the tails. Now I have nice fluffy tails (and ears). I hope that when the AE version of Improved Camera is completed that it doesn't have the same issues.

Edit: They work perfectly with Improved Camera SE.

Edited by Jessmari