IGNORED

Origin Legacy Program Terminated.

Hi everyone.

I don't know about you but I use ORIGIN - bought everything off them.

The problem is I have a 12 year old 32 bit machine that runs fine and there is no way I can afford any form of software or hardware upgrades - I'm disabled and on Social Security damn it!

NOW:

I find that I can no longer access the sims 3 game through origin. 

A few hours ago I tried to launch The Sims 3 - ORIGIN forced an update and promptly CRASHED. I tried several times with the same result.

I went online to Origin and found out that on January 17th 2020 Origin will update there security software and no Origin based game or launcher will work on any operating system before Win 7 and that currently I have to use their updated Legacy Launcher - it said I needed to uninstall the old version of Origin Client. 

I used REVO and completely erase all trace of ORIGIN Client.

Downloaded the Update Legacy Client for Win Vista and XP - and installed.

That too auto-updated to the new security patch and promptly crashed too.

So, I can no longer launch The Sims 3.

I can no longer build worlds.

I can no longer make anything for the Sims 3.

I can no longer PLAY the Sims 3!

I need some help setting up my Sims 3 - ORIGIN game  - so Origin is no longer controlling my Fate!

How can I do that ? - yesterday please...

THIS is why the concept of forced online makes me very redfaced.

I really feel for you and shy of sending you all of my disks, there's nothing to be done about it (from my end). I even purchased 5 EP's thru amazon a few years ago just so I'd have them all on disk and NOT need Origin.

If you have an older system restore, that may give you access to your files, but now we're getting into windows territory. I have a whole other room for feelings on them.

If you are able to bring up a previous version which works, moving the x86 files location and creating a new shortcut might fool origin from messing with your files while still having access to the registry.

sidenote: I have quite a few screenshots that are NSFW and the fact the game launcher has access to those I leave in the default folder never sits right with me.

Origin is set up so even if you launch the game directly from the TS3.exc - it will bring up Origin first to verify ownership/log on.  

I was able to mess around with it enough to get the game to come up - there are no EP's or SP's recognized - base game only. 

Unless I can refresh the Origin Client - no game!

Never been without GAME before... 

Bad feeling...

I know there are people out there who have done it.  

Need to find a Benevolent Hacker - they just haven't seen this topic yet.

Hope so soon.

The last try will be to install a Cracked version of the Sims 3 - about 30GB worth of install - hours. and I think it is version 1.67 patched.

Still, no guarantees as to it working or that anything created using that version will work on a legitimate game system.

I have barked at both EA (worthless and nonexistent help system) and Origin (which takes you to the EA site).

I told them their "Security Upgrade" is publicized for January 17th 2020 yet they autoupdate to legacy clients. They know the reason they are abandoning the Legacy program is the new Windows OS (Win 8 and above) have some security features they want to implement yet older OS do not and will crash it trying to execute that code. The still have it set up to autoupdate older OS.  Morons!

I told them (both) that they better offer a way so we that have spent so much buying their products van have their game even if it means offering a "Special offline version or their Client. OR... Give me ALL my money back since I'll never be able to use the games I purchased without buying a new computer. I told them to expect some Lawsuits for denial of access to owned product!

4 hours ago, Non-sequitur said:

Still, no guarantees as to it working or that anything created using that version will work on a legitimate game system.

The changes between 1.67 and 1.69 are the Origin enforcing system and other bits not related to worlds, clothes, furniture, accessories, etc. So your content will be compatible.

I was going to suggest steam but they also stopped supporting xp/vista…

Glad to hear from you!

yea I know. A couple tabs and/or buttons were added to the Launcher and that hideous security update. Nothing in the game was changed between 1.67 and 1.69.  I think it was to gain more control over "Store" items and to make you dependant on Origin Client.

Having some "middleman" hold my purchased content is a scam in the first place. I have to ask them permission every time I wish to access and be flooded with crap I don't want or am not interested in, every time. I figure - I purchased the content, either give me complete access and control over my personal usage of it - or give me all my investment back.

Learning the quirks of a different OS, be it Linux or Win 10 has the same drawbacks.  I'm more familiar with the internals of Intel and Microsoft, then AMD and Linux.

The problem is always going to be "Planned Obsolescence".  

I have a 32 bit machine. Although 64 bit machines can run 32 bit software - a 32 bit machine cannot make a call to a 64 bit Library or to any Library not specific to its own internal system. The newer security protocols  -  It's like it goes to the Library and wanders around not being able to find the needed book telling you "how to get out of the Library". It either becomes recursive or some critical interrupt is triggered. The required "document" is not on file, not in a known format, or is acted upon as though 32 bit code and messes up the stacks.

The point being - the World is going 64 bit and through a courtesy - allow "lesser beings" (32 bit programs) to function in their environment. 

Regardless of what I do - it will not be very long before nothing will work for my machine - as far as internet and related net based services.  There are no new 32 bit programs being made for anything modern.  If they have security ( you know they do) I'll eventually have problems due to hardware and software evolution.  Being pushed off onto the proverbial Digital Iceberg. If I don't adapt - I die.

But... as long as I'm living - they OWE me my purchased game and its use.  The president being prior years of service and access through them and a 45 day notice that I must buy a newer computer or they block all access to my games which are designed for my computer - just because they want to upgrade their "security protocols" to modern machines. 

I'll shut up when they either send me valid disks of each purchase that function (or equivalent) or return my investment. They could buy me a computer capable of playing the full game... Pipe dream.

One way they may get me back to purchase more games... the other way they never have me as a client again and gained an Anti-EA band member.

EA/Origin Customer Service doesn't exist (actually) so I don't expect any response from them.

Volition Games is a block away from me. They hired me once before. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/14/2019 at 11:00 PM, Non-sequitur said:

Having some "middleman" hold my purchased content is a scam in the first place. I have to ask them permission every time I wish to access and be flooded with crap I don't want or am not interested in, every time. I figure - I purchased the content, either give me complete access and control over my personal usage of it - or give me all my investment back.

Learning the quirks of a different OS, be it Linux or Win 10 has the same drawbacks.  I'm more familiar with the internals of Intel and Microsoft, then AMD and Linux.

The problem is always going to be "Planned Obsolescence".  

I have a 32 bit machine. Although 64 bit machines can run 32 bit software - a 32 bit machine cannot make a call to a 64 bit Library or to any Library not specific to its own internal system. The newer security protocols  -  It's like it goes to the Library and wanders around not being able to find the needed book telling you "how to get out of the Library". It either becomes recursive or some critical interrupt is triggered. The required "document" is not on file, not in a known format, or is acted upon as though 32 bit code and messes up the stacks.

The point being - the World is going 64 bit and through a courtesy - allow "lesser beings" (32 bit programs) to function in their environment. 

Regardless of what I do - it will not be very long before nothing will work for my machine - as far as internet and related net based services.  There are no new 32 bit programs being made for anything modern.  If they have security ( you know they do) I'll eventually have problems due to hardware and software evolution.  Being pushed off onto the proverbial Digital Iceberg. If I don't adapt - I die.

But... as long as I'm living - they OWE me my purchased game and its use.  The president being prior years of service and access through them and a 45 day notice that I must buy a newer computer or they block all access to my games which are designed for my computer - just because they want to upgrade their "security protocols" to modern machines. 

I'll shut up when they either send me valid disks of each purchase that function (or equivalent) or return my investment. They could buy me a computer capable of playing the full game... Pipe dream.

One way they may get me back to purchase more games... the other way they never have me as a client again and gained an Anti-EA band member.

EA/Origin Customer Service doesn't exist (actually) so I don't expect any response from them.

Volition Games is a block away from me. They hired me once before. 

I solved this problem for myself a few days ago. 

Origin client version 9.3.11 approx 71MB in size worked for me. 

This version allows me to launch the client in offline mode but be sure to check the settings and stop it from auto updating.

Good luck

OriginSetup_9.3.11-WinXP.exe