21 minutes ago, bearkingboy said:

What is the outfit mod you used in the first two screenshots?

The "first two screenshots" aren't even close to being the same outfit as far as I can tell, so I guess this is a "array starts at 0 or 1" situation.

If you mean this picture:

Spoiler

Shark_01.jpg.cad2180f496090cfe127fa9fdcb

it's a custom outfit I have in the works called "Navy Fatigues" and made specifically for use with the sharks (for obvious reasons). I have no idea when it will be released so I can't give an ETA or anything, though, but I have gathered all the required permissions (IIRC) so I do intend to post it at some point.

If you mean these instead:

Spoiler

Shark_02.jpg.64aa9cd06c1a095d48382e11e2a

Shark_03.jpg.6f720cba6af5f5b7a3d06745888

then. the male outfit is just the vanilla raider leathers while the female outfits are the vanilla replacers from CCO Vulgar Villains for the raider leathers and road leathers, respectively.

Loved this in Skyrim, enjoying it in FO4. Didn't find a way to get some teeth showing on the female head like you could for the male head. Only a slight disappointment in state of options, but for a 1.0 release? Amazing and take my love for sharks, also killin it with those amazing feet, the extra mile shows.

40 minutes ago, AshyHusky said:

Hello friend.. I have one small  issue my game freezes when i try to  use Looksmenu and select the shark  i do use race customizer  for the pony settlers

The only freeze that should occur would be due to Looksmenu having an issue with using the "Clothing" option(wherein the game freezes), which is due to Looksmenu, and not this mod. Not sure if the recent update has fixed that, though.

If you are using any other mod that changes the player, then it won't work with this one, unless you plan on not being a Selachii yourself(meaning you disable the SharkPlayer plugin, though right now no story content has been added to the mod) - i.e the plan is to have the player being a Selachii be optional, and all story content will be availible without the need to play the race yourself. 

If you want to play a Selachii, it would only work if you don't use any Player plugins, which I believe goes for the CaN, and start a new game - where you can disable the CaN - Player plugin, and use the SharkPlayer plugin from this mod. This will have the PC be a shark, and with the mods as you suggest, have every one else be a pony? Not sure if this is the result you want, however. 

14 hours ago, Kurorahk said:

Loved this in Skyrim, enjoying it in FO4.

Thanks for the kind words, and glad you liked it. :classic_happy:

Didn't find a way to get some teeth showing on the female head like you could for the male head.

You mean the "Vampire Fangs" morph that makes the main fangs larger so they always show? Should be available for females as well, since all morphs are shared across both sexes. I just checked and I can add them to my female character just fine.

Only a slight disappointment in state of options, but for a 1.0 release? Amazing

As for the state of options, I'm working on that (at least the face morph options) right now, but is there anything in particular you'd like to see? Can't promise I will get it done at all, but I'm always looking for suggestions in case there's something people want that I can actually add to the mod.

8 hours ago, AshyHusky said:

Hello friend.. I have one small  issue my game freezes when i try to  use Looksmenu and select the shark  i do use race customizer  for the pony settlers

RaceCustomizer does some funky stuff with the NPC skeleton that I don't really know about because I haven't checked yet, but if the game is trying to load the pony skeleton on a Selachii player for some reason, I'd say the difference in face bones from the skeleton could explain the bug. Could you try disabling CaN and all RaceCustomizer-related plugins and see if it works then?

If it does work, then try re-enabling the CaN mods and following Kuroyami's instructions so there's no trace of CaN's player pony plugin, see if that helps. If it doesn't work, then something else is borked on your end somehow, because I've never had that issue. Closest I've had is certain face regions causing a CTD when selected (not a freeze, just a CTD), but I solved that by removing the affected regions from the list so it shouldn't happen with the remaining ones.

15 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Thanks for the kind words, and glad you liked it. :classic_happy:

You mean the "Vampire Fangs" morph that makes the main fangs larger so they always show? Should be available for females as well, since all morphs are shared across both sexes. I just checked and I can add them to my female character just fine.

No problem, have to give praise where it is deserved. And that is what I'm talking about. Likely I'm just missing it. I am prone to fail simple observations. I didn't see it on any of the female presets and not certain what morph it would fall under so I made a bad assumption.

15 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

As for the state of options, I'm working on that (at least the face morph options) right now, but is there anything in particular you'd like to see? Can't promise I will get it done at all, but I'm always looking for suggestions in case there's something people want that I can actually add to the mod.

For more options some kind of ability to add leopard shark style striping to the face. I know body overlays are far trickier, though looksmenu I believe supports it. Thinks to help also break up the color on the forehead space would be basically idea. I know in general a lot of hairs cover that area. Possibly overlay for the jaw itself to help create a two tone, I know the upper half has an overlay currently, my thought is generally underside lighter (so lower jaw, neck, chest, belly) while arms, cheeks, forehead, back are your darker color generally. Hence the lower jaw overlay and maybe a body overlay for the stomach and possibly chest.

I probably spent too much time looking at shark morphology.

12 hours ago, Kurorahk said:

And that is what I'm talking about. Likely I'm just missing it. I am prone to fail simple observations. I didn't see it on any of the female presets and not certain what morph it would fall under so I made a bad assumption.

Should be available by highlighting one of the mouth regions and using the "Type" submenu to apply the "Vampire Fangs" option.

I'm thinking I should add a small list with info on which morphs are available on which face regions, but unfortunately there won't be many options for those. FO4 seems to only have 5 or so morph-enabled regions, and each of them can only have one shape selected at a time, so it's basically the same as if Skyrim character creation only had access to 5 sliders out of whatever the vanilla number of them is.

Oddly enough NPCs do have access to Skyrim-style slider morphs in the CK, and seems like you can have as many as you want; it's only the PC (and the ingame chargen menu) that is limited on this aspect. My next step is to check if LooksMenu can inject chargen sliders via scripts as it did in Skyrim; if it can't then I'll see if I can get the slider morphs to load by applying them on preset NPCs. This in turn would require making a ton of preset NPCs, each one with a different slider combination, and having the player pick the preset with the values they wanted before finishing up their character (which would be a pain for both me and the end user), but I don't really see any other way to enable access to slider morphs for the player.

For more options some kind of ability to add leopard shark style striping to the face. I know body overlays are far trickier, though looksmenu I believe supports it. Thinks to help also break up the color on the forehead space would be basically idea. I know in general a lot of hairs cover that area. Possibly overlay for the jaw itself to help create a two tone, I know the upper half has an overlay currently, my thought is generally underside lighter (so lower jaw, neck, chest, belly) while arms, cheeks, forehead, back are your darker color generally. Hence the lower jaw overlay and maybe a body overlay for the stomach and possibly chest.

Alternate texture options/skins is something I definitely want to look into, both as simple overlays (which should be enough for standard markings like leopard shark saddles and spots, or tiger stripes) and as full skin replacers for those that need alternate normals and speculars as well (e.g. scar-covered skins). Unfortunately those require to have the textures themselves in the first place and my de novo texturing skills aren't up to the task just yet. So unless someone offers their own texture skills to help with that, it will have to wait until I get better at texturing.

Only alternate texture that is planned at the moment is an "inverted" color scheme with a black underbelly and a gray/lighter body, assuming I can get it to look good enough. It would end up looking somewhat like this (minus the stripes):

Spoiler

4576d07f827aeea3e976696f18d75f8d.jpg

aa07f39240a9356667865d55e654f933.jpg

Source: firetally (first, second)

1 hour ago, Blaze69 said:

Only alternate texture that is planned at the moment is an "inverted" color scheme with a black underbelly and a gray/lighter body, assuming I can get it to look good enough. It would end up looking somewhat like this (minus the stripes):

Reveal hidden contents

4576d07f827aeea3e976696f18d75f8d.jpg

aa07f39240a9356667865d55e654f933.jpg

Source: firetally (first, second)

You've sold me on that already. Especially if this new one and the current can be selected with Looksmenu's skin options. Might also be something to vary NPCs too.

1 hour ago, Kuroyami said:

You've sold me on that already. Especially if this new one and the current can be selected with Looksmenu's skin options. Might also be something to vary NPCs too.

Well, turns out it may not be as easy as I thought.

This is what I have so far:

Shark_BlackBellyWIP.jpg

Unfortunately the Skin Override function in LooksMenu has some bugs and limitations that may result in it not being worth it:

• It can only override head textures and HeadRear meshes, but not head meshes or records altogether, which means I can't change the head fin texture. This shouldn't be a problem if I use the same base skin texture as the standard one and just overlay the black belly, but it would definitely pose a problem if the head texture changes.
  • The head texture override is pretty buggy, so you get the "black/gray/brown face bug" when you apply the skin for the first time and you have to save the game and reload for it to receive the skin tint color properly.
  • On save load, the skin override usually fails to load as well, so you're stuck with the original body texture until you force the body to reload (i.e. unequip any item worn on the Body/Torso slot).

There's nothing I can do about this because they are due to bugs in the F4EE/LooksMenu code itself and the functions are supposed to work just fine and without them altogether. expired would be the one to fix them on LooksMenu's end, but until that happens (assuming it ever happens, seeing how there have been reports of these bugs since '17 and it hasn't been fixed).

I can still pack the textures and the skin overrides with the next version of the mod for anyone that may want to give them a shot anyway, but they are to be considered unstable WIPs. And unfortunately any further alternate skins that include texture changes and not just mesh ones (like the "Human Feet" one does) are on hold until the issues with the LooksMenu Skin Override functions are solved.

43 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Well, turns out it may not be as easy as I thought.

This is what I have so far:

Shark_BlackBellyWIP.jpg

Unfortunately the Skin Override function in LooksMenu has some bugs and limitations that may result in it not being worth it:

• It can only override head textures and HeadRear meshes, but not head meshes or records altogether, which means I can't change the head fin texture. This shouldn't be a problem if I use the same base skin texture as the standard one and just overlay the black belly, but it would definitely pose a problem if the head texture changes.
  • The head texture override is pretty buggy, so you get the "black/gray/brown face bug" when you apply the skin for the first time and you have to save the game and reload for it to receive the skin tint color properly.
  • On save load, the skin override usually fails to load as well, so you're stuck with the original body texture until you force the body to reload (i.e. unequip any item worn on the Body/Torso slot).

There's nothing I can do about this because they are due to bugs in the F4EE/LooksMenu code itself and the functions are supposed to work just fine and without them altogether. expired would be the one to fix them on LooksMenu's end, but until that happens (assuming it ever happens, seeing how there have been reports of these bugs since '17 and it hasn't been fixed).

I can still pack the textures and the skin overrides with the next version of the mod for anyone that may want to give them a shot anyway, but they are to be considered unstable WIPs. And unfortunately any further alternate skins that include texture changes and not just mesh ones (like the "Human Feet" one does) are on hold until the issues with the LooksMenu Skin Override functions are solved.

Still that looks good to me so far , hope you release the next update or even just the textures soon , and well is there no way to use any kind overlays or tatoos on the body?

17 hours ago, D C said:

is there no way to use any kind overlays or tatoos on the body?

Overlays or tattoos should work just fine, the problem is they only work on the body and not the head, so there would be a texture mismatch at the neck.

That's why tiger stripes/leopard shark saddles and spots/tiger shark spots or whatever other body markings that do not need to be painted right across the neck seam should still be doable through overlays. But obviously the black belly needs to continue up to the head across the neck seam, so that one can only be done through the skin-swapping system.

6 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Overlays or tattoos should work just fine, the problem is they only work on the body and not the head, so there would be a texture mismatch at the neck.

That's why tiger stripes/leopard shark saddles and spots/tiger shark spots or whatever other body markings that do not need to be painted right across the neck seam should still be doable through overlays. But obviously the black belly needs to continue up to the head across the neck seam, so that one can only be done through the skin-swapping system.

well when i try using overlay or even tattoos , the skin goes pink

16 hours ago, D C said:

well when i try using overlay or even tattoos , the skin goes pink

What tattoos are you trying to use? I tried both the example overlays included in the LooksMenu page as an optional download and a custom tattoo I made myself and they both work fine on the sharks on my end.

30 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

What tattoos are you trying to use? I tried both the example overlays included in the LooksMenu page as an optional download and a custom tattoo I made myself and they both work fine on the sharks on my end.

well the looksmenu optional one was doing that and asto overlays too

so i downloaded another pack and it works fine

some screenies of my MC and i fixed the expression by using the vulpine head (edited by me)

ScreenShot2.png

ScreenShot3.png

ScreenShot0.png

ScreenShot1.png

Hey , one thing blaze , beardofsocrates(vulpine race creator) helped me with my mod

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OmJ52w5z_W4AS4-hwXD054MEGZiD6CvU/view?usp=sharing

This supports texture swapping directly from file , you can check it out

And i will need help with it in the future 

10 minutes ago, D C said:

Hey , one thing blaze , beardofsocrates(vulpine race creator) helped me with my mod

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OmJ52w5z_W4AS4-hwXD054MEGZiD6CvU/view?usp=sharing

This supports texture swapping directly from file , you can check it out

As I said above, the issue with the texture-swapping/Skin Overrides system is on LooksMenu's end, everything is set up properly on this mod's end.

I'll check out that file anyway just to see how it's set up there, but again, expired would be the only one to check the LooksMenu/F4EE code and fix it so it works as intended, so until that happens (assuming it ever happens) there's nothing I can do about it.

And i will need help with it in the future 

If you want to discuss this further, it would be better to keep it to PMs to avoid going off-topic on this thread.

1 hour ago, Blaze69 said:

As I said above, the issue with the texture-swapping/Skin Overrides system is on LooksMenu's end, everything is set up properly on this mod's end.

I'll check out that file anyway just to see how it's set up there, but again, expired would be the only one to check the LooksMenu/F4EE code and fix it so it works as intended, so until that happens (assuming it ever happens) there's nothing I can do about it.

If you want to discuss this further, it would be better to keep it to PMs to avoid going off-topic on this thread.

Ok

Thanks for replying

50 minutes ago, SteamedHams666 said:

Really cool! ?

It's a shame it's not on Nexus (guess there would be more downloads from there)

It might be uploaded there eventually - as the Skyrim version of the mod is on the Nexus, The Selachii - Shark Race LITE. The only caveat is that the version of the mod on the Nexus is basically only a race mod, and does not contain any of the follower/ NPC/Story content like he version here. The FO4 version might be the same, even if right now the mod is only a race mod, with very little that has much to explain why these Selachii exist - if curious about that, I have a blog that explains a lot more(link in my signature). The majority of that information will go into the mod eventually, hopefully as presented in the blog.