Saints & Seducers

Z0mBieP00Nani

So I was finally thinking about getting this paid mod for Skyrim (in b4 "AWW, BUT U'R PART OF THE PROBLEM MANNNN!" *fart noises*) because it's kind of cool and I have yet to see anyone on the Nexus try to equal or surpass it (and that will probably never happen anyway) and it has a lot of cool stuff in it. Well come to find out that quite stupidly (in my opinion) creation club content is apparently only for Skyrim Special Edition.. unless I missed something. Now I realize I might be a bit late to the game on this, but you'll have to excuse me on the grounds that "of course I wouldn't know much about a feature that I could give two rat's shits about otherwise", but now that they actually HAVE created something I want to purchase I wouldn't be able to.. BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE STUPID SPECIAL EDITION!1!! (I do, but I'm low on hard drive space, plus "mods", so I never installed it and anyway.. that's beside the point).

I mean you would think that if Bethesda's goal with creation club was to make money they would make something like that available for both versions BUT NOOoooOOoo.. Once again Bethesda's laziness will be coming to punch them in the dick I guess, as now (hypothetically) 50% of the people who own a copy of Skyrim will not have access to that paid content. Proof (to me at least) that some real retards must be in charge over there at Bethesda. I mean.. TRUE, Failout 76 and the whole $100 a year subscription flop was proof enough, but for me this is just the corn kernal on the very top of the turd sundae.

28 minutes ago, Jessywulfe said:

I mean, Special's only issue is no one plays it cause there is no good mods for it, and the creation club is pretty shit anyway

Exactly! I mean that's slowly changing (as far as available mods go) but you would think that Beth would at least take a second to look at which game is getting the most attention and go from there, but no, they immediately go for new and shiny because "obviously no one is going to want to play the old version anymore since the new version is out.. right guys?"

I mean I can't even buy the old version off of Bethesda's store, they don't even seem to acknowledge its existence..

55 minutes ago, Jessywulfe said:

I mean, Special's only issue is no one plays it cause there is no good mods for it, and the creation club is pretty shit anyway

The concurrent player count and peak player counts for both games tell a very different story. As for the mods, nearly everything has already been converted or can easily be converted by using the easy-to-use Cathedral Assets Optimizer and Creation Kit 64.

I would say more about raw mod count but apparently there is some kind of bad blood between some of the other non-Nexus mod sites other than Vector Plexus.com or Undertow.club hosting Special Edition content and Lover's lab for whatever reason so they can't even be named here.

1 hour ago, Z0mBieP00Nani said:

So I was finally thinking about getting this paid mod for Skyrim (in b4 "AWW, BUT U'R PART OF THE PROBLEM MANNNN!" *fart noises*) because it's kind of cool and I have yet to see anyone on the Nexus try to equal or surpass it (and that will probably never happen anyway) and it has a lot of cool stuff in it. Well come to find out that quite stupidly (in my opinion) creation club content is apparently only for Skyrim Special Edition.. unless I missed something. Now I realize I might be a bit late to the game on this, but you'll have to excuse me on the grounds that "of course I wouldn't know much about a feature that I could give two rat's shits about otherwise", but now that they actually HAVE created something I want to purchase I wouldn't be able to.. BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE STUPID SPECIAL EDITION!1!! (I do, but I'm low on hard drive space, plus "mods", so I never installed it and anyway.. that's beside the point).

I mean you would think that if Bethesda's goal with creation club was to make money they would make something like that available for both versions BUT NOOoooOOoo.. Once again Bethesda's laziness will be coming to punch them in the dick I guess, as now (hypothetically) 50% of the people who own a copy of Skyrim will not have access to that paid content. Proof (to me at least) that some real retards must be in charge over there at Bethesda. I mean.. TRUE, Failout 76 and the whole $100 a year subscription flop was proof enough, but for me this is just the corn kernal on the very top of the turd sundae.

Creation Club esl files are strictly for a 64-bit engine so it wouldn't work to even attempt back-porting it. Without using esl files, one will quickly exceed the 254 plug-in limit if one buys everything on the service.

There is also the issue of most players of Skyrim LE preferring to never have any more executable file updates who would be enraged if BGS were to update it for Creation Club when it is a haven from the updates of SE. None of the attention that they would gain would be positive. 

Besides all of that, Creation Club is first and foremost a means of selling mods to PlayStation 4 users since the Bethesda.com mod delivery mechanism was ruined by Sony's insistence on making the PlayStation platforms a closed system.

2 hours ago, Z0mBieP00Nani said:

You're not the target audience. Creation Club was always aimed at consoles. People who are on PC that buy CC stuff are just a bonus. LE is no longer supported and Bethesda isn't really interested in it anymore. See, just because you or a vocal portion of the community don't like a thing this doesn't mean it isn't successful. Even FO76 was successful, even more so when they added in actual gameplay advantages that you can buy with real money, the paypiggies just can't resist that shit, it's like crack for them.

http://mmogfails.blogspot.com/2019/10/more-utility-items-coming-soon-to.html

2 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

You're not the target audience. Creation Club was always aimed at consoles. People who are on PC that buy CC stuff are just a bonus. LE is no longer supported and Bethesda isn't really interested in it anymore. See, just because you or a vocal portion of the community don't like a thing this doesn't mean it isn't successful. Even FO76 was successful, even more so when they added in actual gameplay advantages that you can buy with real money, the paypiggies just can't resist that shit, it's like crack for them.

Yeah, pretty much. The options on console are more limited. I haven't tried S&S, but I've heard it's not bad but maybe not worth the complete price. If you're planning on swapping to SSE then it could be worth it, but alone I don't think so.

48 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Sadly I do know this is probably true. I don't think Todd was lying when he said that Failout 76 was actually a success despite it's poor launch (because of all of the morons who bought it and played it and continue to play it and spend money on it). Even so, you would think that given the amount of people who still play the old version of Skyrim that some effort would be made to reach out in both directions to get the most bang for their buck even if it was in the form of a later release.. But at this point I guess it's like I'm just encouraging the slow downward spiral of Bethesda games.. like the morons who bought Failout 76 and played it and continue to play it and spend money on it and put up with Betheda's lazy money grubbing crap...

And, yes I know it's probably not polite to call those people morons instead of "pay piggies" but I mean you kind of have to be stupid to go and jump into a dumpster that is obviously catching on fire and then roll around in it and complain that you're on fire and then point the finger at everyone watching the dumpster fire because you're on fire (yes, I saw some pretty dumb posts on reddit blaming YouTubers for the game's troubles, posts that had a retarded number of up votes no less).

44 minutes ago, Zitanna said:

Yeah, pretty much. The options on console are more limited. I haven't tried S&S, but I've heard it's not bad but maybe not worth the complete price. If you're planning on swapping to SSE then it could be worth it, but alone I don't think so.

The only reason I will be installing SSE is to turn it into Oblivion or Morrowind when those mods finally drop (yeah.. I know that probably means I'm going to have to clear a bunch of stuff off my hard drive for that to be a thing but it will be worth it). Otherwise I really don't see a reason to make the switch to SSE as it's the same exact game (just more stable) and there isn't really much that works with SSE yet and there probably won't be for some time to come.

On 12/1/2019 at 12:03 AM, Z0mBieP00Nani said:

Exactly! I mean that's slowly changing (as far as available mods go) but you would think that Beth would at least take a second to look at which game is getting the most attention and go from there, but no, they immediately go for new and shiny because "obviously no one is going to want to play the old version anymore since the new version is out.. right guys?"

I mean I can't even buy the old version off of Bethesda's store, they don't even seem to acknowledge its existence..

I like SE, but literally its just skyrim, that doesn't play as well in my general opinion

1 hour ago, Jessywulfe said:

I like SE, but literally its just skyrim, that doesn't play as well in my general opinion

for me SE runs better. less crashes and smoother gameplay. I would never pay $15 for a mod though. The Dragonborn is a full DLC with voiced actors/actresses, a new island, weapons and armors, a main story that will probably take at least 10 hours and side mission and when that came out I think it was like $20. even if all I had was a console I still wouldn't go for it but some people just have the money to blow.

2 hours ago, jimmywon34 said:

for me SE runs better. less crashes and smoother gameplay. I would never pay $15 for a mod though. The Dragonborn is a full DLC with voiced actors/actresses, a new island, weapons and armors, a main story that will probably take at least 10 hours and side mission and when that came out I think it was like $20. even if all I had was a console I still wouldn't go for it but some people just have the money to blow.

my Oldrim is so modded to hell that it some how is stable as fuck

SSE crashes more for me than LE. (LE NEVER crashes for me)

Ill never pay for a mod of "vanilla only" content, and Ill never play my games on a console. Simply because PC's have better hardware (If you dont build a piece of shit)

Consoles are pretty much under-powered, over-priced PC's anyways these days.

• 3 months later...

Archived