38 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

Since Get Dirty itself is no longer maintained, I'm posting the question here. Perhaps someone knows the phenomenon and has help in prospect.
When picking up the soap after the washing process, the game freezes. It used to be sporadic, now permanent. Washing is possible, picking up soap is not.
No log will be created.
Any idea why that could be?

Get Dirty fills a reference collection alias with the loose soap item in the worldspace and attaches a RefCollectionAlias Papyrus script to the alias (CS7_SoapRefCollScript). That script has a OnActivate event which displays the menu MessageBox and does this when the "pick up the soap" button is clicked:

ObjectReference activeSoap = akSender
Self.RemoveRef(activeSoap)
activeSoap.BlockActivation(False, False)
activeSoap.SetNoFavorAllowed(False)
activeSoap.Activate(Game.GetPlayer() as ObjectReference, True)

I suppose something about that could be at fault, but it seems fairly straightforward. Are you using anything that patches Get Dirty's plugin (UnhealthyCraving_GetDirty.esp to swap out one of the Perks it checks for UC's Filthy Piggy feature) or maybe something that overwrites its scripts? Are you also using CWSS? BYOP? MWOW? Anything else you can think of that might be related.

2 hours ago, Slorm said:

I just tested it and it's working fine here (both the pick up and the wash. I'm not using the "More Ways of Washing" mod so if you are try removing it and then retest to see if that's the problem

I did not use More Ways of Washing. But I will do it so that my character can at least get clean in the rain if the soap no longer works.

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Are you also using CWSS? BYOP? MWOW? Anything else you can think of that might be related.

I am using BYOP. I've finally said goodbye to CWSS, which at a certain point shredded my game without mercy. Not even MCM Settingsmanager worked anymore without crashing. After uninstalling CWSS and installing BYOP and new game, everything was normal again.
Only now there is the problem with the soap.. I'll leave this one and try another piece. It may sound stupid, but it works with clothes that no longer fit properly and with the Casio watch.

edit//

Yes, that's crazy. In the paint store I found another bar of soap, that had no problems washing and picking up after.

edit2//

However, that only worked in the paint shop. Once. Freeze again on the next attempt in front of DC. A pity. Soap is probably obsolete for me, so I won't start a new game.

Edited by deathmorph

2 hours ago, deathmorph said:

Only now there is the problem with the soap.. I'll leave this one and try another piece. It may sound stupid, but it works with clothes that no longer fit properly and with the Casio watch.

edit//

Yes, that's crazy. In the paint store I found another bar of soap, that had no problems washing and picking up after.

edit2//

However, that only worked in the paint shop. Once. Freeze again on the next attempt in front of DC. A pity. Soap is probably obsolete for me, so I won't start a new game.

Also, what version of Get Dirty are you using? I just noticed I was still playing with 1.3, rather than the newer 2.0 (and accompanying 2.1 patch which is a separate download).

23 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Also, what version of Get Dirty are you using? I just noticed I was still playing with 1.3, rather than the newer 2.0 (and accompanying 2.1 patch which is a separate download).

If the follower script is the update to version 2.1, then I should be up to date.

Spoiler

image.png.a89560d87980191ca6fb2404f1c860d8.png

26 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

If the follower script is the update to version 2.1, then I should be up to date.

Hide contents

image.png.a89560d87980191ca6fb2404f1c860d8.png

Yes, so the reason I ask is also in your screenshot... Get Dirty Additional Effects was created for Get Dirty 1.3, there is no update available for it to work correctly with 2.x so it's reverting some of the script properties and other things to what they were in 1.3, leaving you with a half-updated mess.

Looking into this also caused me to realize that the UnhealthyCraving_GetDirty.esp patch is similarly made for 1.3 and needs to be fixed to support the newer version (I'm working on that today).

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

Get Dirty Additional Effects was created for Get Dirty 1.3, there is no update available for it to work correctly with 2.x so it's reverting some of the script properties and other things to what they were in 1.3, leaving you with a half-updated mess.

Oh - does it make sense then, possibly to 1.3. downgrade? I find the radioactivity unplayable once the effect kicks in. Or I change that to 2.0 - but unfortunately I can't find a value in xedit that I can change.
I'll uninstall the effects to rule out a connection with my soap problem.

PS: unfortunately this did not fix the problem with the soap. Next: as soon as soap is picked up - Freeze

Any idea what I can look for? xedit does not show any incompatibility.

Edited by deathmorph
28 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

I find the radioactivity unplayable once the effect kicks in. Or I change that to 2.0 - but unfortunately I can't find a value in xedit that I can change.

Edit or patch the CS7_DirtRadHazard Spell record (0x10A90) to change Effects:Effect #0:EFIT:Magnitude from 10.0 to 1.0. That's what the Additional Effects patch does to achieve it.

The lowest common denominator is that I can use a soap exactly once and pick it up as soon as it's new in my inventory. After that I can only use them and leave them.
This applies to the normal soap and also to the super soap.
Maybe that will help you come up with ideas, but I can't think of anything.

12 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

The lowest common denominator is that I can use a soap exactly once and pick it up as soon as it's new in my inventory. After that I can only use them and leave them.

I take it removing Get Dirty Additional Effects didn't help (it was a long shot anyway).

This applies to the normal soap and also to the super soap.

That's definitely suspicious since they're from different mods (GD vs MWoW). Were you having the same problem without More Ways of Washing installed?

Maybe that will help you come up with ideas, but I can't think of anything.

The only other suggestion I have is to check your Papyrus log and see if there are any stack traces related to scripts from these mods. Also test from a new, previously unmodded save (not just one without Get Dirty, but one that was created with no mods at all, like a completely vanilla game save).

17 hours ago, vaultbait said:

<<<I take it removing Get Dirty Additional Effects didn't help (it was a long shot anyway).

yes

<<<That's definitely suspicious since they're from different mods (GD vs MWoW). Were you having the same problem without More Ways of Washing installed?

Yes, the bug occurred before installing More Ways of Washing. I installed More Ways of Washing just yesterday while the game is running.

The only other suggestion I have is to check your Papyrus log and see if there are any stack traces related to scripts from these mods. Also test from a new, previously unmodded save (not just one without Get Dirty, but one that was created with no mods at all, like a completely vanilla game save).

I'll see how to enable Papyrus and then post the log here. Which log do you need then exactly?

I have a question about the second proposal. Do you mean that I start a save without any mods and drop the soap and pick it up?

edit//

However, what has worked in several attempts: I drop a soap, wash the character. Then I save the game and reload the save. Then I pick up the soap. It is working.
Maybe that answers your question as well.

Edited by deathmorph

I'll see how to enable Papyrus and then post the log here. Which log do you need then exactly?

Recreate the problem, and then after force closing the hung game process, look in the end of papyrus.0.log to see if it mentions anything having to do with Get Dirty (or any other suspicious errors) in the moments before the game froze.

I have a question about the second proposal. Do you mean that I start a save without any mods and drop the soap and pick it up?

Download an unmodded save from Nexus if you don't have one handy, or do a speed run through the game intro with absolutely no mods installed and save that. Then load that save with your usual mods active and try to recreate the problem. This is a way to rule out a problem with your save vs a problem with the mods you're using. Basically you want to make sure that the issue you're seeing isn't due to a subtly corrupted save or past uninstallation of scripted mods without having started a completely new playthrough.

4 hours ago, vaultbait said:

papyrus.0.log

Okay, I'll make the log.

edit//

here is it

Papyrus.0.log

4 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Download an unmodded save from Nexus if you don't have one handy, or do a speed run through the game intro with absolutely no mods installed and save that. Then load that save with your usual mods active and try to recreate the problem. This is a way to rule out a problem with your save vs a problem with the mods you're using. Basically you want to make sure that the issue you're seeing isn't due to a subtly corrupted save or past uninstallation of scripted mods without having started a completely new playthrough.

A speedrun... oh, that can take a long time for the error to appear. Recently, with an almost unchanged setup, I didn't even have the error at level 60. Is there a tool that can be used to test a save to see if it's slightly corrupt?

edit//

I uninstalled get dirty as a test, saved it, played it for 5 minutes, saved it, installed it and then loaded the last save. Unfortunately that did not work either.

Edited by deathmorph
3 hours ago, deathmorph said:

Okay, I'll make the log.

edit//

here is it

Papyrus.0.log 453.93 kB · 0 downloads

Unfortunately I don't see anything in there to indicate why it froze, nor anything related to the Get Dirty mod's items or its script files.

3 hours ago, deathmorph said:

A speedrun... oh, that can take a long time for the error to appear. Recently, with an almost unchanged setup, I didn't even have the error at level 60. Is there a tool that can be used to test a save to see if it's slightly corrupt?

edit//

I uninstalled get dirty as a test, saved it, played it for 5 minutes, saved it, installed it and then loaded the last save. Unfortunately that did not work either.

If the problem didn't start happening until many hours into a playthrough, and you don't recall updating or adding/removing any mods which could be related to the problem, then there's a good chance something's happened the save you've been playing from. If you keep lots of old saves you might see how far back in this particular run the problem is trivially reproducible, since that could lend a clue as to when the save you've been continuing from first grew a problem.

On 4/26/2023 at 12:24 AM, vaultbait said:

Unfortunately I don't see anything in there to indicate why it froze, nor anything related to the Get Dirty mod's items or its script files.

I think, I'll wait for indarello's patch for SC and then start a new game. I'll start a new game right away and test the soap extensively.
Thank you for your support.

PS: it works perfectly again in the new game

Edited by deathmorph
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, deathmorph said:

@vaultbait I just saw that you found a solution here. What exactly did you do to make the add-ons compatible?

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.37f92c4edecb24a568d09cc67d165121.png

Pretty much exactly what I described in that post. If I find time for it, I'll upload a copy to Nexus (the terms on the original disallow uploading elsewhere), but the changes I made in FO4Edit were fairly simple and nobody has expressed any interest in the discussion forum there anyway. One of the problems with that mod is that there are 8 different plugins: every possible combination of with/without charisma boost, with/without survival effects, and more/less rads. I don't think I want to repeat the fix 8 times, and then be stuck updating all 8 the next time something else changes in Get Dirty, but also it could be done more cleanly with a single plugin and a lot of additional up-front effort by toggling some new globals through MCM.

If I do upload an updated version, it will probably be just the 1A plugin for "Clean charisma boost, survival effects, less rads." I'll also want to make a compatibility patch in a new version of Unhealthy Craving so that people using the Filthy Piggy patch alongside it don't have to worry about where both plugins end up in the load order.

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

If I do upload an updated version, it will probably be just the 1A plugin for "Clean charisma boost, survival effects, less rads." I'll also want to make a compatibility patch in a new version of Unhealthy Craving so that people using the Filthy Piggy patch alongside it don't have to worry about where both plugins end up in the load order.

Very good, looking forward to the 2 patches. Version 1A is also the version I personally prefer and probably makes the most sense.
I suspect most people on the Nexus are like me - I wasn't aware that the adds weren't written for the 2.x. Without your advice I would never have questioned it.

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/17/2023 at 12:52 AM, deathmorph said:

I'm just observing that the radiation starts even though my character is clean. Cleaning it again usually fixes it. Can this be related to the 1A plugin?

Hide contents

image.png.b309e0ec8f763be78c563fecb43231ac.png

I suppose it's possible. If you want to try the plugin I edited, I'll attach it here:

Edit: Sorry, I just remembered that the permissions on the original did not allow distributing on any other sites besides Nexus, but PM me if you want to test it. Hopefully I'll upload a fixed version on Nexus once I'm no longer traveling and back at my gaming rig for a while (like early July).

Edited by vaultbait
  • 4 months later...

I've noticed that Get Dirty version 2.0 on the nexus also includes a GetDirty_NoCleanlinessPatchForCWSS.esp file, which turns the clean effect from CWSS into a dummy effect, which does nothing, as well as remove the option to change the CWSS dirt effect from the holotape options.

Just thought to let people know. (might not help those who have CWSS installed and a current dirt effect on)

Edited by ptmc2112
On 11/15/2023 at 4:55 PM, ptmc2112 said:

I've noticed that Get Dirty version 2.0 on the nexus also includes a GetDirty_NoCleanlinessPatchForCWSS.esp file, which turns the clean effect from CWSS into a dummy effect, which does nothing, as well as remove the option to change the CWSS dirt effect from the holotape options.

Just thought to let people know. (might not help those who have CWSS installed and a current dirt effect on)

Yes, it seems to work for me, but I start new playthroughs regularly with both installed, so no chance to acquire CWSS dirt effects prior to installation of the patch.

Edited by vaultbait

Kinda sad that the 'get dirty' doesn't really work on 8k texture (FG). I mean, they do get dirty but there's extremely obvious hand seams, apparently the get dirty textures don't apply property on 8k texture hands.

Otherwise, this mod is actually good, though only you and first companion can get dirty textures. Another limitation by the Get Dirty mod I suppose.

Edited by georgechalkias