Sims disappeared/ House family empty

Hi guys,

ther's the 1st time happening.

I moved a sim from university to SanMishyno. Then i switched to another family in another quarter but while inviting that sim to a party i couldnt found it.

I tried to go in San Myshuno and the nome of housefamily was the same but the house results as empty: the icon of family moved from an other family to onether, all neighbooords. But concerning the sims is really diseappeard and i cannot invite her or search cos it's disappeared also in the history of friendship.

How can i solve it?

Ther's a way to recover the previous save?

Thank you

the sims 4 error.jpg

Have you tried this?

1. Click the "Load Game" button, from Main Menu.
2. In the Load Game Menu, you'll see thumbnails of all your saved games.
3. Click a saved game, and click the "Recover Save" button -- which is next to the play button. 
4. Rename the saved game. Go back to Main Menu and then Load Game Menu to see your recovered game

38 minutes ago, Holly Vinedal said:

dude i have the same problem i was playing with a household in sanmyshuno i closed the game when i tried to play it again my household got bugged the family which was living next to me shows as thumbnail of my household when i tried to play with it it won't let me later the whole household disappears.

Try the above.....

Thanks

i charged a previous save, cos i lost only a few minutes of play.

That was the only solutions cos i tried to remove all my mods (cos i thought thath should be due to a not updated mod) , repair the game , charge again but nothing happened.

let's see :-))

thankssss

23 minutes ago, Hackbimbo said:

Thanks

i charged a previous save, cos i lost only a few minutes of play.

That was the only solutions cos i tried to remove all my mods (cos i thought thath should be due to a not updated mod) , repair the game , charge again but nothing happened.

let's see :-))

thankssss

Well done.....

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, redvelvet said:

I’m currently having the same exact problem ? I have already recovered from a previous save and it works up until i save & quit to manage worlds and then it starts all over again. Any help is appreciated 

Have you tried doing an Origin Repair Install yet?

On 12/9/2019 at 7:27 PM, Scorpio said:

Have you tried doing an Origin Repair Install yet?

Sadly this didn’t help me. I have repaired the game files multiple times and keep recovering saves only for the problem to still happen. I can’t figure out what’s causing it/how to fix it. 

39770924-1610-4BA3-A1F6-99F19C94863E.jpeg

10 hours ago, redvelvet said:

Sadly this didn’t help me. I have repaired the game files multiple times and keep recovering saves only for the problem to still happen. I can’t figure out what’s causing it/how to fix it. 

As long as your game is updated, (well the newest patch released yesterday is up to you though IDK as I haven't tried it yet) 

Good chance you have a corrupted, or old mod causing it. 

Either that or a corrupted save.

You should move all your mods into a folder on Desktop called Temp for now.

Delete your localthumbcache file in the TS4 folder.

Load saved game only to the map screen, then do a 'save as' Test, and exit game.

Delete localthumbcache again.

Now you have a cleaned save to use as a base for further testing.

Load this new save and test in game to see if everything works without any mods installed.

Don't make any new saves yet.

If everything works OK, you can add WW + Animations back into TS4/Mods folder and test again.

Delete the localthumbcache every time you add, remove, or update, mods, or game.

Keep adding mods back in until you have that same problem again but it may not happen at all if the cleaning fixed some stuck data in that save.

(The other thing to try is starting a brand new save to see if the same problem happens again). 

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Jaz1990 said:

So, we know this is an issue with WW then? I've been looking on forums for all my other mods for a month now and found nothing . I didn't think I would find the only recent post about this here. 

WW does not cause this.

Usually caused by a game save or household/sims being corrupted.

Or old mods used in a previous save, then you update your game and load that save that had old broken mods used.

Post #14 or what Procain mentioned usually works.

Sometimes you have to load a previous save or start a new save unfortunately.

But if you remove all your mods and delete the localthumbcache.pkg in your TS4 folder you can test that save to see if it works without any mods.

If it's still broken try the Origin Repair and if that doesn't work then your save game is toast.

Even when switching played households the game itself might be 'culling' other sims from the game unless you use a mod like MCCC to disable culling.

• 1 year later...

The same thing happened to me. It only does so with the family living in in the apartment 19 Culpepper House. I can continue on playing fine, create 10 different saves and when I come back, the family is gone without a trace, but still appears as the icon of the save if I try to load it up via "Load". If I click resume, it brings me to another one of my played households. EA keeps saying the bug is mod-related because it's not widespread, yet it only happens with apartments and I'm the type of player who keeps a close eye on mods and doesn't keep outdated mods/files, so it's highly suspicious...

56 minutes ago, Fynn717 said:

EA keeps saying the bug is mod-related because it's not widespread,

If others are reporting the same issue and EA claims it's not widespread it's just a cop out on EA's part because they don't have hundreds of reports.

Other users here have had unusual issues that others haven't when using the same Mods and it's possible that different Packs installed can cause different problems too.

On occasion I've removed all my Mods and played Vanilla for testing when trying to replicate the same problem.

Or test with only WW & MCCC installed or other combinations of Mods.

Apartments do have bugs but I've never seen NPC households vanish although I've only played as an Apartment Household once and didn't care for them.

Since the last several game updates this year EA has added even more strange bugs and I'm staying with the pre-werewolves game version for good I think.

I'll assume your issue is something that just started recently and that you've also updated your game as others have had vanishing households in non-apartments too.