Jump to content
IGNORED

Any mods adding CWSS showers and toilets across the game world?


Recommended Posts

I've been looking for this and even googled a bit, apparently a lot of people are wondering how do the BoS soldiers poop when they are onboard of Prydwen. I've been wondering this myself too, especially since installing (former RSE) Advanced Needs 2, which has a CWSS patch. The Institute has a lot of toilets and showers - but none of them can be actually used. 

 

So here is the question - I don't think you saw it coming, eh? - is there mod adding interactive toilets and showers to the world, to the locations where you can't build but still end up visiting quite a lot - like cities, all two of them, Prydwen, the Institute? 

 

Thanks in advance.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, phillout said:

I've been looking for this and even googled a bit, apparently a lot of people are wondering how do the BoS soldiers poop when they are onboard of Prydwen. I've been wondering this myself too, especially since installing (former RSE) Advanced Needs 2, which has a CWSS patch. The Institute has a lot of toilets and showers - but none of them can be actually used. 

 

So here is the question - I don't think you saw it coming, eh? - is there mod adding interactive toilets and showers to the world, to the locations where you can't build but still end up visiting quite a lot - like cities, all two of them, Prydwen, the Institute? 

 

Thanks in advance.

A Sensible Prydwen Overhaul https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24198?tab=files. Has two bath rooms?

Link to comment
2 hours ago, phillout said:

I've been looking for this and even googled a bit, apparently a lot of people are wondering how do the BoS soldiers poop when they are onboard of Prydwen. I've been wondering this myself too, especially since installing (former RSE) Advanced Needs 2, which has a CWSS patch. The Institute has a lot of toilets and showers - but none of them can be actually used. 

 

So here is the question - I don't think you saw it coming, eh? - is there mod adding interactive toilets and showers to the world, to the locations where you can't build but still end up visiting quite a lot - like cities, all two of them, Prydwen, the Institute? 

 

Thanks in advance.

Someone asked me this once in a PM, so I will just copy / paste my response about that here, rather than retyping it.

 

Yeah, that cant be done. Long technical reason is that the toilets you use in settlements are what are called ACTIVATORS, (though technically a FURNITURE item, they still qualify as an activator) meaning they have an activation key (use). They also have entry and exit markers, positional data that tells the animations how to play. These types of items can have attached scripts on them, that run when you click on the use key. All of the toilets you see around the game world are what are called STATICS. They do not have an activation cycle nor do they allow scripts that can be ran. They are just props. And there is no way to replace every STATIC toilet in the game with the ACTIVATOR version, unfortunately.

Let me show the difference, as the game engine sees them.

This is a STATIC.

 

image.png.fa0abb7f306af1e00c1333b69a617eed.png

 

This is an ACTIVATOR (FURNITURE).

 

image.png.0be505dcbde5fafbae077b151b2d6ca1.png

 

Pretty big difference, right? The furniture has mount points the NPC to sit, it has scripts, etc.

 

So yeah, the ones all over the game cannot do what you're asking for. Believe me, you aren't the first person to ask. No no, the first person to ask, I didn't know better and I tried to force the game to change every toilet into one of mine. Which forced cell edits like you would not believe! Made 90% of peoples mods have conflicts. It was a nightmare. Even trying to substitute them by scripting by a mess, because you cannot properly align everything and it really breaks the pre-vis and navmeshing (the invisible lines between polygons that prevent you from falling through the game world into a void and the invisible zones that tell NPCs where they can walk).

Sadly... worldwide potties wont happen.
:(

 

In your case, per your question, the same applies to CWSS' showers - they too are "activator" type furniture items.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

 

In your case, per your question, the same applies to CWSS' showers - they too are "activator" type furniture items.

 

So? I had no problems adding activators anywhere in the world in Skyrim CK. Like placing a cooking pot or a smelter anywhere I wanted.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, phillout said:

 

So? I had no problems adding activators anywhere in the world in Skyrim CK. Like placing a cooking pot or a smelter anywhere I wanted.

Oh, of course you can do that in the CK... but every cell you modify makes it incompatible with some other mod out there due to the cell edits. Do enough of those, and you may as well invalidate every mod in existence that alters locations in the game. Unless you are providing patch files for all of those mods your edits would break.

 

But if its for personal use? Yeah man, you can add AN2 / CWSS toilets and showers to the game in locations. Just make a patch file between say, fallout4.esm and say, CWSS, where they are both master files. And then drag a CWSS toilet or shower whereever you want it. Save the patch and active in your mod manager. Should be as simple as that - I do this with Crime and Punishment, adding an Advanced Needs 2 toilet to the jail in Diamond City.

 

But changing every toilet and shower in the game to them? It would need to be manually done and would seriously, like I said, make every mod in existence literally broken for their cell edits.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, phillout said:

 

You didn't bother actually reading the question, did you? 

 

FFS, just forget it

Nothing simpler. 

 

But... yes, in fact I did read your question. And I answered you as to why you will never find such a mod, by way of explaining HOW these fucking things work and then tell you how you could make your OWN mod to handle your request. 

 

FFS, maybe YOU didn't comprehend the answer. Next time I shall dumb it down to a grade four level. [smfh]

Link to comment

There isn't a mod that does it, but there are other workarounds for the 'no build area' problem you might find easier than CK world edits.

I was using the 'Fallout 76 CAMP' mod for this....it lets you throw down a workbench anywhere, so in the same places you suggest...the Prydwen, Goodneighbour (I'd change the toilets and add a shower in the Hotel), Diamond City, Bunker Hill (toilet back of the market) and the Institute (I also used Vault 81 with Elianora's mod)...I would throw down a workbench and switch or build shower and toilet facilities. Institute is easiest as it has existing kit.

 

Hope that helps.

Link to comment
5 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Nothing simpler. 

 

But... yes, in fact I did read your question. And I answered you as to why you will never find such a mod, by way of explaining HOW these fucking things work and then tell you how you could make your OWN mod to handle your request. 

 

FFS, maybe YOU didn't comprehend the answer. Next time I shall dumb it down to a grade four level. [smfh]

 

Sure, you are the only one in the world who knows how the CK works and how activator is different from a static. I've only asked whenever someone have bothered themselves with adding some toilets and showers to some specific locations in the game world, that's all. And you went on explaining why "it's not possible". I don't remember asking for a lecture on CK basics. Yes, I could make a mod myself, but why waste a time if it's already done, it's a pretty valid reason to ask, don't you think? Thank you for your help, or the lack of it, whatever.

Link to comment
5 hours ago, mashup47 said:

The scientists still have no place to poop, which is even worse than what those BoS soldiers have, since Prydwen has at least the deck and all that nice distance to the ground - and urinating from a 50+m height is a thing everyone should try, this speaking from my own childhood experience. 

 

Thanks everyone, since a mod apparently doesn't exist, I'm off to a bit of experimenting. No, this won't involve dumping a load from heights.

Link to comment
13 minutes ago, phillout said:

The scientists still have no place to poop, which is even worse than what those BoS soldiers have, since Prydwen has at least the deck and all that nice distance to the ground - and urinating from a 50+m height is a thing everyone should try, this speaking from my own childhood experience. 

 

Thanks everyone, since a mod apparently doesn't exist, I'm off to a bit of experimenting. No, this won't involve dumping a load from heights.

Not for the Prydwen But there is a mod that allows you to build your own airship settlement https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15228 .

Link to comment
21 minutes ago, mashup47 said:

Not for the Prydwen But there is a mod that allows you to build your own airship settlement https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15228 .

Actually the idea I've got is very simple - to make a zEdit patcher that replaces cell references from those referencing some certain statics (and judging by a quick glance - probably some vanilla furniture with activators) to those referencing CWSS furniture. The only real work here is figuring out the table of the objects to replace and their replacements. The actual code should be pretty much trivial after that, and the "Sensible Prydwen Overhaul" should work nicely too.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...