Creationkit: Passing through material obstacles

worik

I'd like to create objects in my interior cells, where I can move thorugh appearantly solid things.

To do that, I could duplicate the usual landscape object and untick the collision checkbox to OFF and use my new object.

But is there a more elegant way to do this? e.g. something by script?

=> e.g. like a magical door in the wall ?‍♀️

By the way:

The most simplest thing that annoys me in general are banners. Banners are made of cloth, they float in the wind, but when I put them in a doorframe like a curtain, they are rock solid like stone :angry:

14 minutes ago, Psalam said:

I've got to go back to work but if I wanted to achieve this I would probably use the "Become Ethereal" magic effect (that is used in turn by the shout).

? I thought about that.

But the disadvantage is that it works on the player and it would work everywhere.

My logic would be more like an illusion/alteration on a specific part of the wall. After a certain spell/ritual, It could becomes passable where it was solid  a second before. ?

Conclusion: magic is not that simple :classic_wacko:

5 minutes ago, worik said:

? I thought about that.

But the disadvantage is that it works on the player and it would work everywhere.

My logic would be more like an illusion/alteration on a specific part of the wall. After a certain spell/ritual, It could becomes passable where it was solid  a second before. ?

Don't give up. Look at the Daedric Quest where Erandur uses just that magic in the tower. That will likely be repeatable once you figure it out. Sorry to be short, I'm supposed to be working.

3 hours ago, worik said:

? I thought about that.

Overlap two objects: One with collision (object A), one without (object B).

With object B, select object A as the "enable parent", and set it to "opposite of parent".  This way, only one object is ever there, but enabling/disabling object A automatically enables/disables the other.

Create a script tied to the spell effect you want that enables/disables object A.

That sounds  like an idea.

I tried a similar trick with 2 NPC actors to create a single shapeshifting character. 

Now, to create a useless wall.  :classic_laugh:

Back to my side question from above: does anybody has an idea how to create the no-collision version of the wall without changing the whole mesh? 

I can switch havok off in a script, but the collison box around that object still remains :classic_unsure:.

Archived