8 hours ago, LongDukDong said:

Wait wait wait wait wait...  :dizzy:  there is something scriptable that can alter the face mechanics???

I would be most appreciative to know about it. :smiley: If you're familiar with my work, you'd be aware I like to give options, including on/off toggles for features.

It's been so long since the last time I touched the game but I do not know if there is a script to do that in Oblivion but if Racemenu can alter sliders in Skyrim, I could code something similar for Oblivion as well. It just takes about a couple of days of reverse engineering probably if there isn't already an API to do that.

1 hour ago, lampuiho said:

It's been so long since the last time I touched the game but I do not know if there is a script to do that in Oblivion but if Racemenu can alter sliders in Skyrim, I could code something similar for Oblivion as well. It just takes about a couple of days of reverse engineering probably if there isn't already an API to do that.

Heh.  Well... I guess you're not part of the team I heard about that was working on the face effects system.  A team is in fact working on such for Oblivion, though I know not their current status.  More along with Engine bug fixes rather than OBSE if I recall correctly.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, DragonGT-0101 said:

Awesome concept. Unfortunately there's only the engine bugfixes mentioned in the zip file  when I download it. What's up with that?

It fix the gender change.

You put the  EngineBugFixes.dll and EngineBugFixes.ini in  the OBSE plugin folder. ( of course you need OBSE )

data\OBSE\Plugins\

There should be a readme that explains all the ini settings.

If you don't want any other setting/fixes you can set everything to 0 in the ini.

only the sex change must be 1

bInstallSexChangeFix=1

14 hours ago, fejeena said:

It fix the gender change.

You put the  EngineBugFixes.dll and EngineBugFixes.ini in  the OBSE plugin folder. ( of course you need OBSE )

data\OBSE\Plugins\

There should be a readme that explains all the ini settings.

If you don't want any other setting/fixes you can set everything to 0 in the ini.

only the sex change must be 1

bInstallSexChangeFix=1

So there's no esp to install? Cool

Clearly, some clarity needs to be made.

When you unpack the Genderbender.Zip download, you will see the following within the unpacked folder:

? DATA

? EngineBugFixes v1.9-47085-1.9.rar

? GenderBender Raadme.txt

Yes, EngineBugFixes is a necessity, this because the use of the script command for the gender swapping feature within OBSE is buggy at best, crashy in commonality.  However, that is not the end-all-be-all of the system.  For this, EngineBugFixes is a tool and an error-preventing application only.

You forgot the Data Folder.

Copy the entire Data Folder into your game.  It contains the INI folder with applicable ini file, the GenderBender.BSA file and the GenderBender.esp file.

You may find the book (and graphics within the GenderBender.BSA for the book) to be pretty entertaining.

Edited by LongDukDong

BUMP

to version 4.0

For those  hoping that faces feminize/masculinize... nope. :bawling:  No headway on that yet.

:cool: However, this update is to take care of some issues related to the Epicine system and hostility detection system.

Male NPC reactions towards being hit with the Epicine effect had not been functioning as if they were blisfully unaware they suddenly developed extra plumbing behind their package. This was due to some error-checking  content accidentally blocking the effective message system.  This has not only been corrected, but altered in order to reinstitute the hostility to player effect. And like the gender-swapping spell, it will not wake a sleeping NPC with a reaction.

The Hostility effect has also been altered.  While the NPCs of the spell effects may deliver hostile reactions towards the player, certain conditions have been added to prevent the player from receiving penalties from the apparent hostile effect.  Slaves, whether from the LAPF or LST package will not trigger penalties, nor will NPCs in the player faction.  NPCs asleep or dead would obviously not report the player. And the player will not receive penalites if heavily concealed by a chameleon-like spell (extremely high... way more than 50%).

Oh, I'm still hoping something will show up that lets me change actor faces of course.  Seeing a bearded woman...nope. Not my thing.

And incidentally, it now comes with EngineBugFixes 2.22 now.

Edited by LongDukDong

BUMP

to version 4.1

Not anything really special involved in this update except that conditions to block dead or sleeping NPCs from issuing reactionary dialog or hostility had been slightly altered.  It isn't MUCH of an update, but could prevent some issues that may arise.

What,  I have no idea.  But better safe than sorry. :blush:

BUMP

to version 4.2

This update fixes an issue involving the aftermath of casting one of the magics learned within this mod's tome.

By design, and if the system is turned on, NPCs may react hostile towards the player if having been visibly seen casting the magicks upon them.  Well.... if they aren't slaves, or part of the player's group, OR if the player isn't something like.... invisible.  HOWEVER, the system that detected the player suffered from two conditions that prevented it from being functional

The hostility system was inadvertently placed after the general shock/reaction system.  As it was, the target could be too shocked and dismayed (or ecstatic in awe) to realize who used them for mystical mischievous target practice. And the hostility system's detection system itself was borked by having conditions in reverse.  And after such diagnosis, the Hostility system has now been repaired.

I went through the scripts, altering my script headers to my current uniform standard.  While doing so, I altered the actual effect scripts, creating a new passed argument indicating if the effect was performed by a spell (ie player casting) or not.  The end result could be the creation of .... items or potions for PRANK purposes,

And, there is ONE more book now available.  Apparently Condomhouse publications transcribed a tale and converted it over to something the citizenry of Tamriel may comprehend.

The main page now includes a link to Dukky's Vocal Packs, a download topic containing vocal files so you can 'hear' the reactions of NPCs affected by the magics of Genderbending, not just read them on the screen.

Edited by LongDukDong
spelling error corrections in post.
  • 2 months later...

Yeah, it's pricy as FUCK and is meant to be pricy.  I mean, you can do so much trouble with the spells!

The head meshes between male and female are the same.  so there's nothing I can do.  I'm just hoping that something will drum up about making a Face Update system in OBSE or some weirdness.  The Engine Bug Fixes plugin just allows the change command to be used in-script.

And now you know why I said that I have a female set of 'GIL' voices. ;)

BUMP

to version 4.3

Alas, there is still no transition for faces. :bawling:  I found that someone inquired in the Blockhead Download page at Nexus that someone inquired if it were possible, the response being that it theoretically was, but ... sadly not in the plans.

Meanwhile, two fixes were made... creature related. 

A trifling little token indicating if a target was 'bent/changed' or not was always applied to NPCs, but not to creatures.  This was more of an oversight than an error.  However, it now pertains to creatures as well.

Meanwhile, the system had issues applying wombs to creatures suddenly turned female.  Removal when turning into a male was no problem, but applying it to a creature changed feminine was an issue.  This has now been resolved.