20 minutes ago, SAC said:

At the first opportunity I'll add in a distance slider for individual testing and tweaking, see what setting suits best. I am still puzzled why it calls faraway actors, it shouldn't. On the other hand, in my own particular gameplay I actually want to be teleported away basically just to discover locations that I would probably not identify just by roaming around

I dropped the scan distance to 50. Will let you know..

I think I know why it picks up distant NPCs, but I don't understand the root cause and how to fix it

image.thumb.png.4677db8f4282c950f213cdf22fda96a3.png

^^this is the Player Alias

image.thumb.png.625467cba152bf5181179b256e673627.png

^^the NPC should be <100 units within alias NPCPlayer

My problem is that the NPCPlayer alias never gets filled, and I don't know why. This is probably why the NPC picks are random and distant, most likely that condition never gets applied properly

cc: @Flashy (JoeR)

7 minutes ago, sammythesquirrel said:

have i missed an update that im just not seeing?

You have not. The scan distance is not currently configurable by the user unless you mod the esp. I'll introduce it once I am comfortable the basic mechanics work well (and I have the feeling the scan distance is not currently kicking in at all). Once I have that fixed, then I'll introduce a configuration option

First of all thanks for a great mod, having a blast with it.

I have an idea about your distance problem. I have AAF scanning distance set to 750 in the AAF setting file and it gives me about a 20 foot scanning radius. I used FO4edit to patch the scan distance to 1000 in you mod and it selected NPC's within 30 feet of my character. I tried 5 times and it worked everytime. I think your distance check is failing because it is set too low.

Hope this points you in the right direction.  Thank again for mod.

15 minutes ago, rar1492 said:

First of all thanks for a great mod, having a blast with it.

Happy about that :) 

15 minutes ago, rar1492 said:

I have an idea about your distance problem. I have AAF scanning distance set to 750 in the AAF setting file and it gives me about a 20 foot scanning radius. I used FO4edit to patch the scan distance to 1000 in you mod and it selected NPC's within 30 feet of my character. I tried 5 times and it worked everytime. I think your distance check is failing because it is set too low.

Hope this points you in the right direction.  Thank again for mod.

Ok. I'll post a version scanning for 2000, no idea what 30 feet actually means. Also baking in some additional pacification options

What's New in Version 1.1.10

Released Just now

Changelog:

3. (1.1.10) player is no longer a valid actor if isincombat == true; in that case, the mod falls back to (fucks) the random female
4. (1.1.10) added stopcombat() and stopcombatalarm() to actors to hopefully improve pacification; please note that we are trying to enable fraternization between random members of random archenemy factions, something's gotta give

5. (1.1.10) scan distance set to 2000, to be tested

2 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

So, technically, his change to 2000 should be equivilent to 60 in game feet?

Bottom line, there’a quite a gap between 100 and 2000 and it would require some testing in order to figure out it one works better than the other

Also, it seems I was wrong on the NPCplayer not getting filled, yesterday it actually was getting filled

This can be checked with sqv jfaliasquest while a scene is playing 

And I’ve also introduced stopcombat() and stopcombatalert(), hopefully that should improve on pacification

Looking forward to feedback from testing, again my own environment does not reflect a normal combating one, and my testing time is severely limited (hint: I am posting this from my phone :) )

I found the scan 100 number in VERSION 9 by going into Scripts /Source/ User/ Startup Test Scripts and scrolled down to find scan distance. I changed this to 25 and imagined more local folks being called. I am not a PC Doctor, but I play one on TV. I was too embarrassed to say anything earlier in case I found something not character scan related...?

12 minutes ago, maddadicusrex said:

I found the scan 100 number in VERSION 9 by going into Scripts /Source/ User/ Startup Test Scripts and scrolled down to find scan distance. I changed this to 25 and imagined more local folks being called. I am not a PC Doctor, but I play one on TV. I was too embarrassed to say anything earlier in case I found something not character scan related...?

My script source is in /source/user, not sure what startup test is but my script is not there. Have a look at the rar file

The alias distance is not set in the script (it can’t be), it is hardcoded (for now) in the quest. Have a look at the CK screenshots I’ve posted on the previous page, about NPCmale1 alias

That is the radius around the player to place the sex scene once the actors are identified. It is not the scan distance to select the actors, that one cannot be scripted (but it can be tied to a user-configurable global variable, meaning basically MCM)

That is a not a conflict, it is an AAF call issue which I don’t know how to solve (I thought I solved it by reenabling AAF packages). Conflict would mean stealing a MCG actor, which should be impossible because I am checking for aaf_inscene and aaf_actorlocked

check if your AAF settings ini has disable packages set to true 

2 hours ago, SAC said:

That is a not a conflict, it is an AAF call issue which I don’t know how to solve (I thought I solved it by reenabling AAF packages). Conflict would mean stealing a MCG actor, which should be impossible because I am checking for aaf_inscene and aaf_actorlocked

check if your AAF settings ini has disable packages set to true 

Wondering out loud if the animated grouping dumping on top of me when I am humping is causing collision, throwing off the new animation process? Is there a way that any new calling can generate a bit further from my position? 

Disable packages is set to false in AAF vers.105..

16 minutes ago, maddadicusrex said:

Wondering out loud if the animated grouping dumping on top of me when I am humping is causing collision, throwing off the new animation process? Is there a way that any new calling can generate a bit further from my position? 

That’s a good point, but it would mean all actors should still animate (even if misaligned) and I thought you said two animate and one doesn’t. 

Not sure how to fine tune the placement, I’ll have a look at the AAF wiki. I mean I could place a marker and animate at the marker but it’s a bit elaborate. I’ll keep it in mind 

Are things better now with 2000 distance for picking actors? Does pacification work better?

10 hours ago, SAC said:

That’s a good point, but it would mean all actors should still animate (even if misaligned) and I thought you said two animate and one doesn’t. 

Not sure how to fine tune the placement, I’ll have a look at the AAF wiki. I mean I could place a marker and animate at the marker but it’s a bit elaborate. I’ll keep it in mind 

Are things better now with 2000 distance for picking actors? Does pacification work better?

It seems mostly to be a SM problem. About 50% of the called animations are screwed up. With pairs, the SM will not be active and with 3Somes, 1 SM would not be active..Not all the time but about 1/2.. They take up more space, bigger collision area of impact..

Yes to both your last questions. There is a nearby SM encampment and they are pulled for sex more than most, which seems right and I was actually targeting a Wild Dog when that same Dog got called to have its way with me. Thought it "spot" on..No pun intended with a dog name...

Twice now, JF called SM animations have landed on top of my character's sex event ,called by MCG, causing misalignment that cannot be sorted because AAF does not have mechanism for in game handling of 2 actions at the same time..

1 hour ago, maddadicusrex said:

Yes to both your last questions. There is a nearby SM encampment and they are pulled for sex more than most, which seems right and I was actually targeting a Wild Dog when that same Dog got called to have its way with me. Thought it "spot" on..No pun intended with a dog name...

can confirm the thing with dogs in fact testing has shown, at least in my game that targeting a dog when the call for animation gets sent will pick that dog 75% of the time and seems top also affect the mutants too

9 hours ago, sammythesquirrel said:

can confirm the thing with dogs in fact testing has shown, at least in my game that targeting a dog when the call for animation gets sent will pick that dog 75% of the time and seems top also affect the mutants too

I do not understand